Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Immune - Planning Thread  (Read 20913 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: Immune - Planning Thread
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2012, 08:02:04 PM »
I like the idea of the amusement park, though I'm a little confused as to why we feel the need to draw a picture of it. It doesn't seem to be that big of a deal when it'll probably only be in the beginning.

Also I'm curious, will this still be right before the outbreak, or post outbreak?

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
  • Appreciate every mistake your friends make.
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 05:35:40 AM »
I just had an idea. I know we have already pretty much come to a unanimous "YES" for the amusement park idea but I have another to suggest that would help with the whole issue of everyone becoming zombies in 5 minutes.

What if our characters came back from a cruise to an apocalyptic world?

And Fenix, I'm still not entirely sure. I think we're saying right as the disease spreads so that we all just happen to be together when it comes across the area we're all in. We're just trying to figure out how that will work since you can't have 1000+ people zombified in 5 minutes realistically.

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 05:39:29 AM »

Hmmmm. Can their first destination back be an amusement park? 8D

But in all seriousness, this serves as a more effective plot device.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 05:49:27 AM »

Hmmmm. Can their first destination back be an amusement park? 8D

But in all seriousness, this serves as a more effective plot device.
DO ALL THE THINGS LOLOL

Maybe they go on a cruise and one of their stops IS an amusement park and they pull in and drop them off and it's like silent and stuff and then a herd emerges O____O LOL sorry my mind is racing with ideas.

Thoughts everyone else on combining both ideas?

Offline Bjolfr

• Trainer Alpha / Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 125
  • Formerly Alpha
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 06:04:03 AM »
Wow, I really dig that idea!

Maybe there could be another group held up in the amusement park that the cruise people run into. Thoughts?

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2012, 06:07:17 AM »
Ooh a cruise. Hmm, that's kinda neat. :D

Don't really have any ideas though. ^^'

~Set by me~

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2012, 06:09:46 AM »
why are there so many good ideas i give up just whatever floats people's boats ahahahahaha

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2012, 06:32:07 AM »
When we start how do we want to work it? Do we want to have an order that we all go in when we post? Or do we wanna do like everyone posts once a week/three days/whatever? Or just whenever whoever wants to post? Any structure or free reign?

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2012, 02:10:13 PM »
I think it's best if everyone just posts whenever they feel it's a good time to. Like if your character is asleep for an entire scene you wouldn't need to say anything. There might be a time when it's just two people talking for a page or so. This is a lot like all of us writing a story together, so it'll just flow naturally, I think.
"The theme of this year's event is, 'learning is delightful and delicious' - as, by the way, am I."

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
The cruise idea is brilliant, especially if they've been across the ocean and back over the course of a few months.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2012, 04:26:34 PM »
I think it's best if everyone just posts whenever they feel it's a good time to. Like if your character is asleep for an entire scene you wouldn't need to say anything. There might be a time when it's just two people talking for a page or so. This is a lot like all of us writing a story together, so it'll just flow naturally, I think.
That's what I was hoping for. As long as people don't progress the plot significantly on their own (like two people are the only ones online for an hour and move the whole group somewhere else) then we should be fine. But everyone who has shown interest seem to be respectable and moral people, so I expect we'll be fine. ;]

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2012, 08:16:51 PM »
Wait there's a cruise now? Okay, here's my two cents about this. The idea of the cruise is a really good idea in my opinion, however if you want it to be realistic then I can see a problem. Of course this is assuming at what level you want it to be realistic.

I'm pretty dang sure that cruises have WiFi service. Now I think that if there was suddenly a zombie outbreak, no matter how fast it spreads, someone anywhere would post a video of it online and the world will know of it instantly. Remember how fast we got that video about that guy who tried to eat someone's face?

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2012, 08:26:00 PM »
A good point. Even if things were to spread extremely fast, WiFi on the boat wouldn't go down for a while. Perhaps there could be a coincidental freak accident to the equipment on the boat? Perhaps someone on the boat got infected back on land as it was breaking out and when they turned they attacked a crew member and in the process the internet equipment got destroyed? Lol Idk. Discussss

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2012, 08:28:21 PM »
I actually really like that idea. And maybe the crew members try to keep quiet about the situation as not to scare guests.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2012, 08:36:09 PM »
I actually really like that idea. And maybe the crew members try to keep quiet about the situation as not to scare guests.
Maybe if someone wanted they actually could be one of the crew members and they happen to escape the boat and become part of the crew. o_o I would go for that...

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2012, 08:39:06 PM »
Maybe if someone wanted they actually could be one of the crew members and they happen to escape the boat and become part of the crew. o_o I would go for that...

Yeah! That's what I was thinking.

The crew members probably won't even consider this attack as a zombie one. There could be many reasons for why this guy is acting like he did. So they won't think there's any real danger when they hit land.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 08:43:12 PM »
Omg, what if the whole apocalypse began ON the boat but not with the zombies? Like, they kill the one zombie that turned, but ALL the electricity goes down and they have to survive without it and some stuff gets a little out of hand until they get to land, and THEN the zombies hit.

thoughts?

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »
YES!! THAT'S PERFECT!!

And it fits the whole, "we are all infected" thing better.

I'm still not sure how I'm going to fit my characters into this. Their dynamics don't exactly agree with this plot. I still really like this whole idea though.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:55:34 PM by Fenix »

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2012, 08:50:20 PM »
yes yes i agree <3

Really, though. I'm up for anything. So long as we get some good ol' RPing in.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2012, 09:02:57 PM »
I don't wanna move forward without a pretty-close-to-unanimous decision though. So I'll officially state it.

PLOT PROPOSAL!
Please post if you agree or disagree with the following:

Immune will start with all our characters on a cruise, having been at sea for an extended period of time. They are on their way to an amusement park when a freak accident leads to an individual's death. It turns out, this person is infected with the disease and a fight breaks out in a back room between the reanimated corpse and a staff member (or more than one). The fight somehow breaks the source of electricity, frying it into an unrepairable state until they dock, but their location is still three days away. Using backup generators, the ship has just enough energy to make it to land, but no extra energy to spare and thus there is no form of convenient electricity for communication with the mainland or any outside sources. As three days without electricity take a toll on food supply, guest morale, and more, some pretty crazy insanity starts up on the ship. Perhaps we could extend it to more than three days so that there could be some fatal catastophes amongst angry, hungry people on the ship and not just hundreds of people make it off theat. But when they arrive on land, they find the park abandoned by humankind...

...and inhabited by an all new creature.

thoughts?
<< Post Merge: December 18, 2012, 09:03:43 PM >>

Also, you don't necessarily HAVE to be on the ship. You could be a straggler who has managed to survive that runs into the group hiding out at the theme park.
<< Post Merge: December 18, 2012, 09:04:47 PM >>

That would actually be pretty cool cause that character could bring them to his hideout and then would have a great inner plot while he struggles with feeling like things are out of his control now that people have moved into HIS safehouse and stuff
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 09:04:47 PM by Glitch »

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.