Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Dark Times (Open! Please apply :D)  (Read 701 times)

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
Dark Times (Open! Please apply :D)
« on: December 11, 2012, 01:31:07 PM »
t's been a hundered years since Shuyuan Yen began her rule over the world. At first appearing to be a very humble Avatar, learning the secrets of the Four Elements and helping to maintain balance in the mortal and spiritual realms. Even the elders who had witness feats done by the previous Avatar could not remember Him being as in Harmony as Shuyuan Yen. For whatever reason she turned on the world that cherished her. No one knew why she went from being a caring woman, to one so cruel. One day her presence dissapeared from the world, and then the next month She and her Armies from the North began invading the Other lands. No one knew where she had gained such a force, or even some of the things her forces could do. The Might of the World stood aginst her and she laughed and swatted it down as though it was nothing before her. No one knew how long it would be before this nightmare was over, waiting for Shuyuan Yen to subcome to old age and then death. But once a year she visits each of the lands and continues to look as vibrant and as beautiful as ever. Though there have been many attempts on her life, none have succeeded.  Some fear they will be under her rule forever. Yet there are those that plan and wait. Waiting for the right chance to strike where favor will fortune them and they can end this nightmare.

And now our tale begins.....

"Make way for the Queen! Shuyuan heard a loud, bolstrous, guard exclaim as she and her envoy rode up to a Tiny Village.  A Slow daunting pace as they entered. She wanted their love but she knew it was just out of reach. So she would settle for their fear, even if it meant a secret hate.  She cursed under her breath as she strode atop Shizi, her Sabertooth Moose Lion. Didn't this village understand... Didn't the world understand?Her Acts were not out of greed or violence but out of necessity. They would one day learn. Whether it be today or in a thousand years they would understand. She looked down atop Shizi at the villagers, noticing hte same looks of fear as every other town she passed through. The hair on her left arm raised, someone in the crowd's heart started beating much faster than the other's, She wouldn't have thought much over it, save for the foul intent she felt beating in the heart. And as predicted she turned to her right and saw a large boulder sailing towards her. 

"Protect the Queen!!""no... that will be quite alright. I can protect myself. As the large rocks sailed towards her she raises her arms. the boulder stopped, and as though she were casually flicking aside an annoying incest taht had perched on her shoulder. she casted it off to the side, crashing it into the Town's Well.  Her eyes turned and Saw a Young Man  staring at her in rage, ready and poised to attack again. and not far off from him were a group of others Men and Women who like many thought they could over throw her "Insolent children..." she slid down gracefully from the Back of Shizi. Two large balls of fire blasted her way. She pulled them together and recirculated them, adding her own heat to the new spinning wheel before sending it sailing back at her attackers. it  exploded just in front of them. Smoke and dust covering the scene. Giving her perfect cover. Confused shouts could be heard from inside the cover. Asking where she was, could anyone see her. Foolish children. She could see everything, the ground gave away their feet, the air their positions, but their hearts... their hearts told everything. Rage and Determination had been replaced with Panic and fear. One by one she reached through the dust and smoke cloud . Subduing her attackers with pure physical force.  Once Subdued she brought her arms together in a cross and then pushed them outwards,the wind blowing from her in all directions clearing the Cloud, to unvale the scene before everyone. She looked to her attackers "Why do you hate me so?... Is my rule so harsh? Your lives so hard? Have i not provided you everything these last hundered years? Safty? Peace? are your lives not better than they were?" 

Offline Hukeyohi

• Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 30
  • Destroyer of Worlds
Re: Dark Times (Open! Please apply :D)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »
"Better?", Elise replies as she clambers back to her feet, supported by her polearm.  "I never thought of Tyranny as an acceptable replacement for freedom. -cough cough- It's no surprise a Waterbender came up with it."

She tries to stand firm, the sheer force of the attack taking it's toll as she sputters some blood.  "Don't get me wrong. It's not your rule but the rule of those you put in power to govern us.  I'm no historian but I'm not blind either."

The signature police made me delete one. Q_Q

Offline Cyrus

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 11:28:46 PM »
It was common that when the queen came to visit a village or town of sorts, someone would try to stop her. Common & amusing. "Watch your tonuge, peasant!" Xhin spat out in defense to his sister. His knives were in between his fingers and his body sparked slighty with electricity in show of his very power. "You will not talk to your queen this way; show some respect or you'll be sorry!" Xhin used an electric curren to have the other in a forced bowing position to his sister. "Anything of importance here, my lordress?" He asked in respect to his very sister.

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 12:12:40 AM »
As soon as she saw the lightning arc, her face changed. The soft features turning hard. Her hand came up under her brother's jaw line Pressing a leg behind his knee and her other hand to his chest. Knocking him to the ground "I appricate your concern for my well being. But I did not give you a comand to attack my subjects!"

She looks to the girl and gentlely puts her hand unter her arm to help her up. But as she does, one of the other attackers grabs her wrist to stop her "foolish boy..." there are no words barely a movement, her clutch gripping around his wrist as a cold air gathers around her. Suddenly red ice breaks forth from his ski from his wrist up through his shoulder. Rendering the arm usuless. She releases him and looks to the others in the groupm "see what you force me to do!?" She watches them start to back away all save for the girl. "I appologuize for my brother, myself , and those put incharge of you. I will make sure they do not abuse their stations again."

She turns to the village, Most awstruck with fear "I do not wish to harm you. But I will if I must." She starts to make her way back to Shizi, her mood turned soured over her loss in temper.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.