Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Holidays!  (Read 3233 times)

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
  • Appreciate every mistake your friends make.
Re: Holidays!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 06:03:54 PM »
Awww, that's sweet bombs. :3

And Megara: I like it!! It's so cute xD

Offline Goki

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
  • The Beat Hunter
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 06:46:31 PM »
We usually take turns, by doing a house turn.

My mother's then to my cousin's to Dad's then to my aunt's, or from Dad's to Mother's to my cousins and then to my aunt's if maybe?

This year it's my mothers

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 11:05:05 PM »
There are a few traditions I hold very dearly. I'm pretty enthusiastic around the holidays.

It's usually simple stuff: the ceramic Christmas tree, carefully selecting the real Christmas tree a week before Christmas and decorating it to Christmas music, fresh eggnog, the Christmas Vacation movie (with more eggnog), the advent calendar, making the Christmas Eve feast of seafood, the Christmas feast of lasagna...

As you can see, most of my holiday is based around food. We can't help it, we're Italian XD.

Here's my half-size apartment tree, it'll do till' I head home for the main one:

I'm slowly but surely accumulating my own collection of decorations. Gonna be awesome by the time I'm old.
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 11:40:31 PM »
I love Christmas. We used to go out and chop a tree down. We quit doing it a few years ago though because we found out that three out of the four people in our house are allergic to pine. Me included. I love the smell of it and I miss having it in my house. But we all get hives from it. So we have a huge nine foot artificial tree. I'll have to take a picture of it and upload it later.  And my mom decorate the whole house for Christmas too. It's very pretty. And we finally got a dusting of snow today!

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline EnshroudingDarkness

• Lost in Snow ~
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 43
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2012, 12:23:29 AM »
Christmas is my most favorite holiday season of the year and the one i really care about. It all starts with decorating my parents house and than of course my own apartment at the end of November ^^. After that is done, the really good time can begin. What we do in December really changes every year, but my favorite part is when we all get together at christmas eve and have a great dinner which we of course make ourself. After that it is TV and Game time :D . My parents really have many games in their possession, so it never gets boring. The two days after are more relaxed, since i am mostly alone with my parents then. We eat up what's left from chrismas eve and watch some movies or cartoons. Might seem a bit normal or boring to some of you, but this is how we do it :) . Simple is still the best in my opinion.

What i also love to see is how other people decorate their windows or doors with christmas lights and stuff. Some of them really have very creative and funny ideas. Also gives a very good feeling.

"Once you enter Silent Hill there is no turning back."
ATLA Keeps
(click to show/hide)The Final Kataang kiss
The eatable effigies from "The Avatar Day"
Momo
Sokka's sword
Katara's smile

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 03:01:39 AM »
Christmas is my most favorite holiday season of the year and the one i really care about. It all starts with decorating my parents house and than of course my own apartment at the end of November ^^. After that is done, the really good time can begin. What we do in December really changes every year, but my favorite part is when we all get together at christmas eve and have a great dinner which we of course make ourself. After that it is TV and Game time :D . My parents really have many games in their possession, so it never gets boring. The two days after are more relaxed, since i am mostly alone with my parents then. We eat up what's left from chrismas eve and watch some movies or cartoons. Might seem a bit normal or boring to some of you, but this is how we do it :) . Simple is still the best in my opinion.

What i also love to see is how other people decorate their windows or doors with christmas lights and stuff. Some of them really have very creative and funny ideas. Also gives a very good feeling.

Now that's "doin' it rite".

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 03:37:30 AM »
yaaaay tree :3

the doctor is out...

Offline Eevee

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
    • Rawr! I'm a Badger!
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 03:42:16 AM »
My family usually goes up to Sydney to spend Christmas at my Auntie and Uncle's house. They really go to a lot of effort on Christmas, so pretty much the whole family (on my nan's side) goes up there. We open presents with my younger cousins at my pop's house in the morning, then pack everything in the car for the (usually) three-day stay. It takes about an hour to get to Sydney, but pop never, ever, ever stops for a break, not even now that I'm sick -_- That gets pretty annoying, but I guess I'm used to it by now.

For lunch and dinner here, we usually have a salad and cold meats (ham, chicken, devon etc). Sometimes we get prawns, which I used to love until I got older and had to start peeling them for myself. That kinda put me off them when I got three prawns in a row that I hadn't done a spectacular job at peeling. The next morning the men wake up early and cook bacon, sausages and eggs on the barbie for breakfast, which we all have... Then the men leave for Golf, which is their Boxing Day tradition, while we stay home and watch Foxtel.

Uh... we do the whole Christmas cracker thing - pull one with the person next to us, read our joke aloud, give the toy to the kids, get told to put on the paper hat, moan about putting on the paper hat, try to convince the more enthusiastic paper hat wearers that we lost our paper hat, put on the paper hat, moan about how we look ridiculous wearing the paper hat.

It's a good time, really, and I love Christmas at my Auntie and Uncle's. When I was a kid I used to use their computer (which was better and faster than my pop's), watch Foxtel on their TV, swim in the pool, and annoy (play with) their dog Scruffy. Now I'm older, I have several better, faster computers of my own, my own dog to annoy (unfortunately, Scruffy passed away a few years ago), and pretty much zero interest in getting in the pool... but I do still love going up there for Christmas. I love that house, I love the traditions and the memories, and I love being there with my lovely family.

With one of my Uncles unfortunately having passed away this year, one of my Aunties in hospital, me still being sick, and The Break-Up with my fiancÚ, and a few other tragic things that have happened this year, things are probably going to be a bit different, but we're going try our best to keep cheerful. We do have two new additions to the family - my cousins' adorable babies - so that's going to really help keep our spirits up, I reckon.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 03:51:53 AM by Eevee »

KF Username: Beebee
AKB48 fan <3 Maeda Ami 推し

Offline aG3

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 16
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 07:27:28 AM »
I will be working at the hospital christmas eve into christmas day and i will also be working christmas hahahaahahah happy holidays

Offline Spruce

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • ...but it do
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2012, 11:42:15 AM »
Water: Your tree looks amazing :D

Eevee: Sounds fun all around, especailly the crackers part.

aG3: That's rough, we'll be thinking bout' ya.

Offline Milliardo

• Gundam Pilot
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
  • On your grave...
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2012, 12:50:11 PM »
Holidays, or should I say holy days, are big for me, especially Pascha (Easter for non-Orthodox) and Christmas. This Christmas--well, I'll be busy, at least in the morning when I serve in the Liturgy.

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2012, 01:45:16 PM »
What does the Liturgy entail?

Offline Milliardo

• Gundam Pilot
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
  • On your grave...
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, 01:49:59 PM »
What does the Liturgy entail?

Divine Liturgy, and I am a Deacon so I serve during Liturgy.

Offline Bjolfr

• Trainer Alpha / Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 125
  • Formerly Alpha
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, 09:23:12 PM »
This is the first year I'll be celebrating Yule. I am very excited!

Offline Harley Quinn

• hi puddin'
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 56
  • Formerly JHZ
    • my own site yo
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 07:24:09 PM »
I celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas - but the first has more special meaning to me. My dad's side is Jewish and I was mostly raised in that environment so it's been a major part of my life.

But my mother converted to Catholicism when I was a kid so she celebrates Christmas. Tree, dinner, whole nine yards. The only thing we don't do for Christmas is go to church (she goes by herself and her friends XD).

This year is kind of special as it's the first holiday season since I moved out of my parents' home that I have a special someone to share it with.  The boyfriend is Christian so we got a tree we're in the process of putting up (we kind of had to wait until the last minute- we've got animals who want to mess with it lol). We also did Hanukkah (minus the presents each night, as that's done for kids not adults). But we exchanged gifts on the last night. It was really special as he actually gave me his big gift for me for Hanukkah (I'm saving his for Christmas). :D

YAY MENORAH

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 07:37:02 PM »
DELISH food.

this is actually the first christmas i am excited for. Holidays have never been a happy time for me but i am looking forward to it this year! :D

Same! Big family gatherings super stress me out, so usually Christmas is kinda bleh for me. But this year I'm staying in Spain and Hercules is coming to visit, so yay!

Yay for Hercules coming to visit you over there!  That's awful good of him to do that.

Oh, by the way, make sure Hercules checks on his handiwork over there--make sure the Pillars are still standing.

Offline Noodles Aang Colbert

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 136
  • Wonder what kind of cupcakes they like?
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »
Sadly I spend most of the holiday working however on Christmas Eve at work we do have a party.  I have a small family so it's not that big of a deal since everyone is so spread out over the country.  Christmas Eve we go to a service and then come back to a house for snacks and some gift exchanges.  Christmas Day the big meal is breakfast.  We exchange gifts and hang out with family.  Between the 26th and 31st is when friends invade and we just hang out at someone's house and tell stories about some of the crazy things we did before and the funniest part is when no one's parents knew of the stuff we did.  It's funny now though.  XD

If you want my Facebook, Tumblr, or Twitter contact just ask! :D

Offline terrik_zion

• TKC Contributor
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 35
  • Seluna's Lieutenant
    • Terrik's DA

Offline GothicAngel

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 90
  • All roads lead to Rome, but we ain't goin' to Rome
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
I really do love Christmas. I dunno, I guess it's because it's the time of miracles. No Christmas miracle has ever happened to me before, but I guess I can hope. I'd need it now more than ever.

I'm strictly Catholic, so we usually go to the Christmas Eve vigil mass so we don't have to go on Christmas. I always enjoy that, 'cause I'm celebrating the birth of Jesus. It's just a special time for me to be with God. I especially love the singing that we do.

We also have the tradition of Christmas Eve dinner consisting of snack food, a deli platter, and microwave popcorn chicken. It usually awesome. Then we either watch a Christmas movie, or just go to bed. I just crash these days instead of staying up all night. In the morning, we open our gifts that are under the tree, throw the wrapping paper at each other, and just enjoy ourselves the whole day. Christmas dinner is usually fun. We get out the good china that's been passed down in my family since the 1870's (I swear, when my mother dies, I call that whole cabinet!), and we get lobster bisque every year (my favourite soup (ah, lobster... <3)). We have a big family, so we usually don't go anywhere or have anyone over for Christmas. It's an interesting process.

Offline kataang_is_love

• Airbending Guru
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 21
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 10:10:32 PM »
My favorite part about the holidays? ALL THE FOOD.

But in all seriousness, I love being able to spend time with my family and enjoy the cold weather inside our warm house with Christmas music playing and a huge fire in the fireplace. I also loooove the smell of the Christmas tree. :3

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.