Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Holidays!  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
Holidays!
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:58:27 PM »
Just thought that with the big holiday season approaching, it'd be fun to have a place to talk about it. What holidays do you celebrate? What kinds of traditions do you have? What are you favorites/least favorites? This doesn't have to be just December holidays, you can talk about anything!

I'll start: My family has a mostly Catholic background, so as for winter holidays, Christmas is the big one. To be honest though I prefer to celebrate it as a more laid back, kind of secular holiday (I'm not really religious). Traditions aren't that important to me, but I like spending the day with close family/loved ones, maybe watching some Christmas movies, etc. Decorating the tree is also really fun. :3
"The theme of this year's event is, 'learning is delightful and delicious' - as, by the way, am I."

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
Re: Holidays!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 11:36:13 PM »
I love decorating the tree and we have a Christmas movie marathon on Christmas eve. I also enjoy celebrating the more religious part of the holiday.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Nadeshani

• Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 80
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 11:56:03 PM »
I love the end of the year. Just the whole atmosphere. Sinterklaas for the kiddies of course. Christmas with family, presents, DELISH food. And going all out with friends on NYE. It's the perfect way to recharge since i just spend the majority of it in comfy Jammies.

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 01:28:08 AM »
Our old traditions, Christmas tree shopping and the family decorating the tree, have died. We still celebrate Noche Buena though, in which we stay up Christmas Eve and when it is midnight, we feast.

Offline Scooter

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 21
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 03:06:28 AM »
DELISH food.

this is actually the first christmas i am excited for. Holidays have never been a happy time for me but i am looking forward to it this year! :D

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 12:20:03 PM »
DELISH food.

this is actually the first christmas i am excited for. Holidays have never been a happy time for me but i am looking forward to it this year! :D

Same! Big family gatherings super stress me out, so usually Christmas is kinda bleh for me. But this year I'm staying in Spain and Hercules is coming to visit, so yay!
"The theme of this year's event is, 'learning is delightful and delicious' - as, by the way, am I."

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 12:25:09 PM »
Christmas is always nice, but I have still yet to have a good New Year's Eve. I celebrate it because I feel I have to though.

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 12:27:29 PM »
Christmas is always nice, but I have still yet to have a good New Year's Eve. I celebrate it because I feel I have to though.

Next year you'll have to come visit me. :P I always have a good time on New Year's.

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 12:30:07 PM »

Next year you'll have to come visit me. :P I always have a good time on New Year's.

Where will you be?

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 12:32:28 PM »
omg I have a bunch of families so we're always EVERYWHERE for Christmas. I need like 5 days off work. XD

I have:
 - My mom and stepdad and grandma
 - My huge family on my dad's side
 - My dad and his girlfriend and my step-siblings
 - My fiance's huge family
 - And my fiance's parents and brother

*passes out* XD

It's fun though. I love giving presents to people and I love all the food 8D
All the running around can get exhausting though haha

the doctor is out...

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 12:34:46 PM »
God, how do you people keep up with all that family? We can only handle our small immediate family generally, so that's all we keep it to nowadays.

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »

Where will you be?

Well, this year I'll be in Barcelona still, but next year I'll be in the States.

Offline Blu

• Task Force
  • Knockout!
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 12:48:22 PM »

Where will you be?

Well, this year I'll be in Barcelona still, but next year I'll be in the States.

I dunno when I'll be able to visit the States but we could always compromise and meet in Hawaii.

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »

Where will you be?

I dunno when I'll be able to visit the States but we could always compromise and meet in Hawaii.

omg yesss. I've never been to Hawaii.

Offline ShineyDragons

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 84
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2012, 01:00:06 PM »
I love Christmas, not for the religious reasons (there aren't really any for me), but because it's such a happy and great time at year. :-)

Offline Milliardo

• Gundam Pilot
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
  • On your grave...
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2012, 05:09:58 PM »
I celebrate the major Church feasts, like the coming Nativity of our Lord (Christmas) and Pascha (Easter). Of course, I also observe secular holidays like New Year, which is great as it is a time of optimism.

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Appreciate every mistake your friends make.
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:36 PM »
For whoever puts up a christmas tree, we should all post pictures. xD

Offline NinjaKitty

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 58
    • My Facebook.
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 05:33:19 PM »
Christmas is always a time to spend with my family and the kiddies get tons of presents. In California we'd fire up the BBQ, since it was about 75 degrees outside! Just last night the boyfriend and I set up our little Christmas tree. This year is also our first Christmas together too :3

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 05:55:49 PM »
For whoever puts up a christmas tree, we should all post pictures. xD

Okay, here's mine:

EPIC Christmas tree! (click to show/hide)

xD yeah, I don't have room for my own Christmas tree in Spain, so I got this little plastic thing from a dollar store. It changes colors between red, green, and blue. It's cute. :3

Offline bombalurima

• Lightningbender
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 117
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 05:58:07 PM »
^ Sweet. XD

This is my first year away at college, so it's also my first year not getting to go pick out a tree with my family...that was a bummer. D: But I think this also makes Christmas itself more special--I get to see all my family again (some of them for the first time in months) and it's a great homecoming/family feeling and yeah. :3
"...and everybody saved everybody else at some point."

~beatles icons by astrobeatles at LJ

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.