Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Borra General Discussion!  (Read 22961 times)

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
Borra General Discussion!
« on: November 13, 2012, 01:04:45 AM »

A place to discuss all things Borra! Just remember, no ship bashing, constructive arguments only.

~Set by me~

Offline teatimeallthetime

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 16
Re: Borra General Discussion!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:37:07 AM »
Of course you'd start this thread, quid :P.

I LOVE BORRA. And I think Bolin still likes Korra... i mean, did you see their hug in the finale? look at his sad little face (maybe he was just worried she was going to face Amon, but....him crushing on her will forever be my headcanon!):

(gif "borrowed" from makousedmeanlook.tumblr.com)

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 02:39:24 AM »
Lol, I started all the shipping threads. xD But yes, I'm glad I got to start this one. :3

I think he does too. It's my headcanon that he'll be supportive of Makorra, but it still makes him sad to see them together. :c

~Set by me~

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:03 AM »
I think he still loves her :c

he just looks so sad in that GIF D:

the doctor is out...

Offline Gekko

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
    • tumblr
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:47 AM »
Of course you'd start this thread, quid :P.
My thoughts exactly xD

My friend ships Makorra and she hasn't even seen LoK. xD;

Then again, I shipped Borra before LoK even aired :I

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 03:45:46 AM »
Ah Borra. The first ship I loved deeply in TLOK. I remember shipping Borra before TLOK even aired! Then my shipping tastes switched, but in the end, Borra is still one of my favorites. <3

I think Bolin is just a sweetheart and Korra could use a guy like him.

Offline aanglover

• Elite Borra Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 04:38:37 AM »
Oh my borra heart!!

Yes..i still think he really truly loves her. I mean..when he was talking to Asami in the underground tunnels his tone and body language made it seem like he wanted to look like he was over her..but then when Asami said 'I doubt that' about the makorra kiss...bolin just looked kinda shocked and a little sad over it.

click for HD

Keeps:
-Bolins look at Korra on Harmony Tower during their date
-Korras door busting abilities
-Bolin's pants-zipper scene
-the cake & rose Bolin gave Korra
-Anytime Toph calls Aang 'twinkletoes'

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
  • Appreciate every mistake your friends make.
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 04:41:43 AM »
TLOK OTP right hurr. Bolin is such a deserving fellow. <3

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 04:45:08 AM »
Oh my borra heart!!

Yes..i still think he really truly loves her. I mean..when he was talking to Asami in the underground tunnels his tone and body language made it seem like he wanted to look like he was over her..but then when Asami said 'I doubt that' about the makorra kiss...bolin just looked kinda shocked and a little sad over it.

Agreed. I think it will be a looooong time before Bolin moves on. I mean, I love their friendship, but sometimes it just isn't enough. I was so mad how Bryke portrayed Bolin's heartbreak over the Makorra!kiss. That was just a complete whack to Bolin's character. I would have preferred if he just ran away without the tears, because that attempt at comedy over his heartbreak was just so...unfair. Poor Bolin. Even his last line was such a poor treatment of his character. He is a deserving fellow. </3

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 04:55:59 AM »
I definitely think without a shadow of a doubt that in season 2 we will see that serious Bolin heartbreak (ie: he will look over to mako kissing korra and shy away from them; maybe act a little irritable towards them). Sure korra apologized and was sorry for hurting his feelings but she never really saw how run down he was (i mean..he went back to the same table and ordered the same food they had on their 'date' then crashed there for the night..him obviously not getting a lot of sleep cuz of the bags under his eyes). She saw him again when his brother dragged him back and put him back together; not a baggy eye or tear in sight! I think she would have acted a little differently towards him and how heavily he was crushing on her if she should have seen him in that state.
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 05:00:30 AM »
I would like to see how Bolin handles it in S2. After the treatment of his character in S1, he is in serious deserving of some lovin'.

I also like the idea of Borra happening if Korra decides to leave Mako. and then she and asami becomes bffs obvs

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 05:16:13 AM »
Ya know..i really think Korra and Asami will be very good friends anyway (mako or no mako). Asami seemed to have taken the 'breakup' very maturely..and she has a lot more things on her mind than mako and korras new relationship. Not to say that she wont think about it or have some resentment..but she'll work through it and learn it was for the 'best' to not have a bf that is thinking of another girl when hes with you. She was a strong character from the get-go and she'll probably do anything to at least keep the friends she has made. :)

But anyway..back to Borra!

##i cant wait for all the bolin angst in s2!

His character needs to get a serious edge..and quick! It seems from the Korra animated drawings of season 2 Mako is gonna be having some fun taking down bad guys in Republic City. So that obviously means Bolins gonna be having a lot of mental turmoil like Mako had in the first season...

Right?!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:19:22 AM by aanglover »
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 08:07:59 AM »
I think the reason I like these to so much is partly because of one-sidedness (goes either way) and the fact they're both so funny. Korra is fun-loving and Bolin is sweet, and together they make an awesome pair. There's also the fact Bolin's got a heart of gold and could use it to help Korra. It's too bad we didn't see too much of that in the show.

I was so happy when Bolin gave Korra the flower as a sign of thanks for rescuing him, and the fact he got jealous of Tarrlok's gift to Korra. <3

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 04:22:03 PM »
Oh oh I can share my random Borra thought. Don't read it if you don't want the end of the Hunger Games series spoiled for you though.

Mockingjay spoiler! (click to show/hide)So I always loved this quote from Mockingjay, describing precisely why Katniss came to the realization that Peeta was the better choice over Gale:

Quote (selected)
That what I need to survive is not Galeís fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that.

Itís a really lovely metaphor and was built-up to nicely over the course of the series, so it stuck out in my mind. After watching Legend of Korra, I couldnít help but liken this to Makorra vs. Borra. Before I continue, let me just say that I recognize that this is extremely subjective. Other fans probably see all characters involved in a very different way than I do. This is just me sharing my take, mkay?

Okay, so Korra has a fiery personality, we all know that. Weíve known it since loooong before the show even started. And Mako is very similar in that way. We saw how he lost his (removed) when she went missing. Romantic? Sure. But, in the context of a long-term relationship, potentially destructive. Just like Katniss, Korra has enough fire of her own. She doesnít need a partner that adds to that.

Bolin on the other hand has the optimism, the hope, the light in his personality that promises that things will be okay. Heís the dandelion in the spring. Iíve always been a big believer in the need for complementary characteristics in a partner (note that that does not mean opposite) and I feel that Bolin would do that for Korra much more effectively than Mako would, just like Peeta did it for Katniss.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:22:40 PM by Glitch »
"The theme of this year's event is, 'learning is delightful and delicious' - as, by the way, am I."

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 04:34:49 PM »
Oh oh I can share my random Borra thought. Don't read it if you don't want the end of the Hunger Games series spoiled for you though.

Mockingjay spoiler! (click to show/hide)So I always loved this quote from Mockingjay, describing precisely why Katniss came to the realization that Peeta was the better choice over Gale:

Quote (selected)
That what I need to survive is not Galeís fire, kindled with rage and hatred. I have plenty of fire myself. What I need is the dandelion in the spring. The bright yellow that means rebirth instead of destruction. The promise that life can go on, no matter how bad our losses. That it can be good again. And only Peeta can give me that.

Itís a really lovely metaphor and was built-up to nicely over the course of the series, so it stuck out in my mind. After watching Legend of Korra, I couldnít help but liken this to Makorra vs. Borra. Before I continue, let me just say that I recognize that this is extremely subjective. Other fans probably see all characters involved in a very different way than I do. This is just me sharing my take, mkay?

Okay, so Korra has a fiery personality, we all know that. Weíve known it since loooong before the show even started. And Mako is very similar in that way. We saw how he lost his (removed) when she went missing. Romantic? Sure. But, in the context of a long-term relationship, potentially destructive. Just like Katniss, Korra has enough fire of her own. She doesnít need a partner that adds to that.

Bolin on the other hand has the optimism, the hope, the light in his personality that promises that things will be okay. Heís the dandelion in the spring. Iíve always been a big believer in the need for complementary characteristics in a partner (note that that does not mean opposite) and I feel that Bolin would do that for Korra much more effectively than Mako would, just like Peeta did it for Katniss.

THIS>>>SOOO MUCHHH YES!

I was thinking of borra when i was reading the last one and that quote from the book actually. ;333
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:00:06 PM by Glitch »
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2012, 04:50:43 PM »

Quote (selected)

THIS>>>SOOO MUCHHH YES!

I was thinking of borra when i was reading the last one and that quote from the book actually. ;333
YYYYYESSSS I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought of it! :D
"The theme of this year's event is, 'learning is delightful and delicious' - as, by the way, am I."

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 05:10:08 PM »
i actually posted about it on my tumblr awhile back how there should be an AU Borra hunger games fanfic. Im not that creative with storywriting so i didn't do it, but itd be perfectttt

http://allthingsbrightandborra.tumblr.com/post/33074505500/borra-hunger-games-au

click for HD

Keeps:

Offline Megara

• The Last Rainbowbender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • icon - jackie-lyn @ dA
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 05:11:59 PM »
i actually posted about it on my tumblr awhile back how there should be an AU Borra hunger games fanfic. Im not that creative with storywriting so i didn't do it, but itd be perfectttt

http://allthingsbrightandborra.tumblr.com/post/33074505500/borra-hunger-games-au

I'd be really interested to see that. I'm not great with AUs so I don't think I could pull it off but it'd be pretty boss. Also I followed your tumblr. :3

Offline Reyna

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 20
  • Nothing is Completely Useless.
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
I ship Borra hard, very hard.

I really keep trying to accept and like Makorra.. but at the current state as that ship is I just ugh at it.. the way Mako treated Korra reminded me way too much of a bad past crush I used to have. I just hope Mako will dunno.. start treating Korra better now =/..

Bolin for that matter was always so sweet <3 the Borra date is my favorite part from whole season 1 as Korra and Bolin just were so.. perfect together in it. It was fun, they were having fun, everyone was happy.
Then Mako showed up and .. well no one was happy again >_>.. (<- This is why I have a hard time with Makorra)

And I also think that Borra still likes Korra, or I hope so actually, if Bolin becomes completely comic relief only with no more seemingly feelings I'll go into depression and write fanfiction @_@..

Offline starsofdusk

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 3
    • My dA
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 07:09:39 PM »
I just love Borra.   I think that Bolin and Korra are just so cute together.   I know that the two have a lot in common and that they just both seem to love life.   I am really hoping it will be cannon but I know that my dreams have been crushed before, alias shipping has such sweet sorrow.

I'm a Pikachu nerd.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.