Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Dark Times (Avatar Role Play, planning thread, open)  (Read 1984 times)

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
Dark Times (Avatar Role Play, planning thread, open)
« on: December 03, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »
So! It's been brought up several times over the course of the fandom. Was there ever an evil Avatar? There had to have been one that abused their control over the four elements and the Avatar state. Think about it! We've seen the Avatar state with it's unbridialed power take on entire armies and wipe them out single handedly. So that's what this story will be based around. An Evil Avatar from the Northern Water tribe, Shuyuan Yen.

It's been a hundered years since Shuyuan Yen began her rule over the world. At first appearing to be a very humble Avatar, learning the secrets of the Four Elements and helping to maintain balance in the mortal and spiritual realms. Even the elders who had witness feats done by the previous Avatar could not remember Him being as in Harmony as Shuyuan Yen. For whatever reason she turned on the world that cherished her. No one knew why she went from being a caring woman, to one so cruel. One day her presence dissapeared from the world, and then the next mont She and her Armies from the North began invading the Other lands. No one knew where she had gained such a force, or even some of the things her forces could do. The Might of the World stood aginst her and she laughed and swatted it down as though it was nothing before her. No one knew how long it would be before this nightmare was over, waiting for Shuyuan Yen to subcome to old age and then death. But once a year she visits each of the lands and continues to look as vibrant and as beautiful as ever. Though there have been many attempts on her life, none have suceeded.  Some fear they will be under her rule forever. Yet there are those that plan and wait. Waiting for the right chance to strike where favor will fortune them and they can end this nightmare.

Taking RP aps! Just post them in this thread.

Name:
Appearence:
History:
Bender or Nonbender:
Weapons:
Freedom Fighters/Dark Queen's Army: (yes we are taking Applications for evil characters! People who want the Dark Queen to Rule, those "close" to her, ect. Because that's stuff is interesting! You can also be a turn coat in her Army!)

I'm really looking forward to this! I hope many of you are interested as well!

Offline bectara

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Happily Engaged to Nathanial James Drake
Re: Dark Times (Avatar Role Play, planning thread, open)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 01:59:13 AM »
Name: Becca
Kingdom: Water Tribe
Appearence: Brown hair in a braided updo. Blue eyes dark skin. about 5' 7" and in a complete blue outfit. Has been a waterbending prodigy all her life.
History: Was born to a Southern Water Tribe chief and his wife. Both were killed in a hunting accident. I have been training in my waterbending all my life hoping to make them proud as they watch over me.
Bender or Nonbender: Bender
Weapons: Waterbending
Freedom Fighters/Dark Queen's Army: Freedom Fighter

hope i did everything right let me know if i need to change anything
I love my Sweetheart Nate:)

Offline Goki

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
  • The Beat Hunter
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 04:29:55 AM »
I guess I will try it

Name: Goki
Kingdom: Earth Tribe/ Water Tribe
Appearence: Very Tall, in a earth bender nation outfit?, knows earthbending quite well for 18 years, also knows a little water bending
I don't exactly know the clothing to choose

History: Had to be hospitalize a lot when he was very young, his parents have separated and now live in two different nations.
Bender or Nonbender: Bender
Weapons: EarthBender/Water Bender
Freedom Fighters/Dark Queen's Army: Freedom Fighter

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 05:23:04 AM »
I like them both ^^ and you'll figure it out as you go along Goki.

One issue, your character cannot be an earth bender and a water bender. Must be one or the other ^^

Which brings me to my next point! You play benders of any type. Earth, water, fire, and Air. This takes place three avatars before Yenchen, the air nomad avatar before Aang

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 05:29:00 AM »
So when was Avatar Chins?

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 05:42:19 AM »
Are you asking about the cake bender?

Offline Hukeyohi

• Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 30
  • Destroyer of Worlds
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 06:29:13 AM »
RP :D

Name:  Elise
Kingdom:  Fire
Appearance:  Pale, 5'9", Long Dark Brown Hair [Pony Tail], Blue Eyes, Slim/Moderate Build, ~A/B Cup. Wears Fire Nation color clothing that is mostly leather and form fitting; partially worn.
History:  Born and raised on a Fire Nation colony stationed on an island near the capital.  Joined the Fire Nation military as an officer after some 'college' and was promoted into a special forces team. Her group was disbanded when her entire team, barring her, was killed.
Bender or Nonbender: Firebender
Weapons:  Firebending with Polearm. Particularly good with manipulating lightning and armed combat with polearms [as well as combining the two] but severely lacking in 'unarmed' hand to hand combat.  Firebending skill is about average.
Freedom Fighters/Dark Queen's Army:  Unaligned.
Other:
-Has a very biased against Waterbenders but highly revere's Airbenders and their culture.
-Parents were world travelers. Mother was Northern Water Tribe, Father was Fire Nation; both Deceased.
-Touchy with name made fun of for being odd.
-Highest Rank Achieved was 1st Lieutenant.
-Has a long scar from just below the wrist on the elbow side of the arm to an inch below the elbow.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 06:41:57 AM by Medorei »

The signature police made me delete one. Q_Q

Offline Goki

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
  • The Beat Hunter
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »
I like them both ^^ and you'll figure it out as you go along Goki.

One issue, your character cannot be an earth bender and a water bender. Must be one or the other ^^

Which brings me to my next point! You play benders of any type. Earth, water, fire, and Air. This takes place three avatars before Yenchen, the air nomad avatar before Aang

maybe earth bender

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 09:15:47 PM »
I guess I should post my characters!

Name: Shuyuan Yen
Kingdom: The Kingdom of the Dark Moon ( formerly known as the northern water tribe)
Appearance: Shuyuan wears impressive long slate gray robes that take a mixture of fashion from the other kingdoms. On the back of her robes is the image of a black crescent moon. Her long black hair hangs loosely down to the center of her back. Normal seen wearing a white mask with no facial features save two eye holes from which her piercing deep blue eyes peer from. Her tall lanky  disguises her true power.
History: Born of the northern water tribe, not much is known about Shuyuan Yen. At 16 the elders approached her and others of her age and tested each of them. Taking them to each nation performing tests and trials till it was decided beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was the Avatar. Dispite her status as the Avatar she lead a fairly unimpressed life. Mastering the four elements by her 31st birthday, maintaining peace and balance until she disappeared one day. Most feared the worst, their avatar suddenly vanishing, they began searching for the new Avatar. Until Shuyuan Yen reappeared with a force of unimaginable size and talents. Ruthlessly she conquered the lands until they were firmly under control. Most dare not speak her name feeling it will bring about an ill omen, simply referring to her as, the Dark Queen.
Bender/nonbender: The Avatar
Weapons: Water Bending, Fire Bending, Earth Bending, Air Bending. She also excels in unarmed combat, the use of swords, staves, and mixing them with her bending.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:45:33 PM »
I might join this... I'll have to think about it a little. I'm in three other RPs at the moment. XD

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 12:11:56 AM »
Are you asking about the cake bender?

Yes. XD

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Hukeyohi

• Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 30
  • Destroyer of Worlds
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 12:47:15 AM »
-can hardly wait for RP to stop being planned and to actually be held-

The signature police made me delete one. Q_Q

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 01:04:05 PM »
Rp will actually start today when I get home from work.

Offline Cyrus

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 0
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 05:31:09 PM »
Name: Xhin Yen
Age 145 (Looks late 20s)
Kingdom: The Kingdom of the Dark Moon ( formerly known as the northern water tribe)
Appearence: Xhin's outfit consists of a long purple cape with a gold chain; a sleeveless black shirt and khaki pants. Tall with a toned figure, he wears gold earrings, neckwear, armbands and bracelets up his wrists. His dark hair is spiked upwards and points in all directions with amber yellow eyes and hebears a black crescent moon on his forehead to show his loyalty to the Dark Queen.   
History: Born of the northern water tribe, Xhin is the older brother of Shuyuan. Their mother was a talented waterbender while their father a great firebender. Shuyuan was born the Avatar while Xhin born a firebender. Xhin went into hiding with his sister for years & now that they have returned, is her 2nd in command. He'll do anything to protect his little sister and wishes nothing but to serve and please her to the best of his abilites.
Bender or Nonbender: Firebender
Weapons: Firebending, bending of the cold blooded fire (Lightning) [Is excellent in the form of bending lightning], a set of eight throwing Knives between his fingers in battle  being very agile, Xhin's physical fighting skills resemble that of a ninja. He uses his knives between his fingers to act like claws, and is able to infuse them with electricity and throw them at opponents.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:36:47 PM by Cyrus »

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 04:28:37 AM »
I was going to ask how your character could be her brother but then I realized that I can make it work easily. Because I'm an evil genius. Muwhahahaha!

Okay my last two characters and then we can get this party started. Everyone else is still invited to make more characters and join!

Name: Xi Zhen
Kingdom: Earth Kingdom
Appearence: Xi has short dusty brown hair, that sits messily atop his head. A little more stout than most boys his age, and wears shabby looking clothes. A dirty yellow headband sits above his Dark Green eyes.
History: Xi was born into a nice family. They didn't have much, but they were rich in love. Xi grew up with his "Sister" Chiruh and her family. A group of escaped Northern Water tribers. Dispite the stigma of WaterbendersXi's family welcomely acepted Chiruh and her family with open arms. The rest of the village noth quite as well. However one man decided they were spys and in the dead of night killed Chiruh's parents. If not for a stroke of luck the girl would have been dead too. Ever since that day Xi has always looked out for her and kept her safe.
Bender/Nonbender: Earth Bender
Weapons: Earth Bending and an excellent matrial artist

Name: Chiruh Han
Kingdom: Earth Kingdom (formly of th Northern Water Tribe)
AppearenceL A small mousy looking girl. Wearing her Light brown hair in four braids that brid around each other down to the center of her back. Her clothing is ver resemblent of Water tribe clothing with a little earth kingdom flare. She has bright blue eyes and freckles that show up in the summer when she is out in the sun too long.
History: Chiruh was an only chiild. Her parents escaped the north to offer her a life of some freedom. Though not much. She met Xi and his family soon after they settled in. After the terrible attack on her family she lives with Xi's and considers them just as good as the family she lost. Dispite what happened she has an unusual forgiving and quistical nature. Seeing both sides of a conflict rather than agreeing with one or another.
Bender/Nonbender: Water Bender (novice level, no one to teach her)
Weapons: Some Water Bending, Excellent hand to hand martial artist. Prefering hand to hand over bending though she doesn't like to fight if she can help it.

And soon we shall begin!n
<< Post Merge: May 30, 2013, 04:33:59 PM >>

And this is still a thing that could be you know happening

Anyone wanna help me revive this? :3
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 04:33:59 PM by lilithxchan »

Offline Kopaka1988

• Blood bending is neither good nor evil but rather it's how and why it's used.
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 0
  • The benevolent Bloodbender
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2017, 08:01:32 PM »
Is anyone here?

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.