Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: The Hunger Games  (Read 6591 times)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: The Hunger Games
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2014, 01:49:58 PM »
I tend to ignore people who complain about actors in general. I've seen complaints about actors from Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson to the Hemsworth brothers and while I haven't seen too many films with the latter, they're all great actors/actresses and all the nitpicking gets old after a while. XD

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2014, 09:48:27 PM »
I think another reason Josh couldn't fully portray Peeta in the first film was because of how little screen time he got. I mean he did get a good chunk, but about 75% of it was him dieing in a cave.

That too. But I think what was missed the most was showing how kind Peeta is supposed to be. Although to be fair, we don't get a complete show of how geniunely sweet he is until Catching Fire.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 51
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #82 on: August 10, 2014, 03:06:01 AM »
So I was a complete Gale/Katniss shipper until I got yelled at that it wasn't Peeta's fault he acted the way he did, then the events with it being Gale's fault, and I just don't know anymore. Can I crawl up in a ball?  ;_;

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
You're entitled tp ship whatever you want so ship it proudly! ;) Besides, I'm sure there are lots of Katniss/Gale shippers out there.

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2014, 06:53:03 PM »
That I'm glad for. But now I'm just torn. I used to hate Peeta. I understand him a bit more now.

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #85 on: August 11, 2014, 10:08:44 AM »
But... How can you hate Peeta? I don't understand, he's one of, if not the strongest character in the series. Not to mention he's a genuine good person.

I mean, people are fine to dislike characters if they choose. But Peeta is one of those rare cases for me where it is just unfathomable to me how someone can hate him.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #86 on: August 11, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
I concur with you completely, Schmitty.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #87 on: August 11, 2014, 07:44:08 PM »
Well, here's what I thought of Peeta and Gale.

(click to show/hide)During the tracker jacker moments, I thought of it much like, "It doesn't matter that their government practically drugged him, he's still responsible for his actions." When you become intoxicated by drugs or alcohol, sometimes you try to kill someone. But you don't remember doing it. Are you still held accountable? Yes. But what if you didn't take them willingly? Is the person who gave you/ administered it likely to take the fall? No. Even though he didn't obviously volunteer to do it, I just felt resentment. How the hell could katniss marry him even though he practically hated her? He tried to kill her. If given the opportunity, he would've tried to do it again.  Even after he had been reformed, she was wary, and the strangling just reminded her he was dangerous. Well, that's what the law taught me, anyways. Hell, even those who accidentally killed someone can get life in prison.

But I guess after being yelled at and then calmly told why he wasn't, I sort of changed my mind.

I don't think it was actually Gale's fault for the whole bomb thing. A) He knew what it was going to be used for, but didn't know where or when. B) He didn't know Prim was there. C)He didn't use it, the rebellion did. He just made the weapon for them. I don't see people being convicted of creating weapons for the government. I just know he blamed himself so that Katniss could blame someone and that he lost her anyways.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #88 on: August 11, 2014, 09:38:53 PM »
(click to show/hide)Brainwashing isn't like taking alcohol where it simply removes your inhibitions, it's a horrific form of psychological torture where you are mentally broken and put back together in the way the captor wants, with scars so deep that it's miraculous Peeta managed to recover at all.

As for the thing with Gale, it isn't so much that it's his fault, it's that both Gale and Katniss knew that regardless of whether it was his fault or not, whenever Katniss looked at Gale she would be reminded of what happened to Prim. He's been permanently tied to that event, and no matter how consciously aware she is of his not being at fault, it won't change her underlying emotions attached to the event and the part he had in it. She'll never be able to completely get over that, and they both know it.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Leafeon

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 2!
    • GoFundMe
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2014, 09:41:48 PM »
(click to show/hide)
I guess in the end Katniss just picked the less painful route.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2014, 10:08:13 PM »
(click to show/hide)I can't blame her.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2014, 10:55:16 AM »
(click to show/hide)To be honest, I think regardless of who Katniss picked it would have been painful. I know, and Katniss knows, that Gale had nothing to do with Prim's death. But to wake up and see him every day, knowing that it was one of his creations that killed her would always be in the back of her mind. But at the same time, Katniss having to see Peeta suffering anxiety attacks, and still gripping the back of a chair to fight of nightmare's would be a constant reminder to her how everyone she loves is hurt or taken from her (Her mother, father, Prim). So either way, the choice would not have been easy for Katniss. She didn't pick the "less painful route" in my opinion, she chose to be with who she thought couldn't live without. Which is exactly what Gale expected her to do (remember Gale and Peeta's late night conversation under the shop in the Capitol?).
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2014, 05:12:06 PM »
(click to show/hide)She lived with Peeta because she wanted somebody who could calm her down rather than fuel her rage. Gale made her want to fight and inspired her passion and her determination to hit back hard. Peeta made her relax. After everything she'd been through, she didn't need to fight anymore. She'd finished that part of her life.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:14:10 PM by Av »
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.