Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Anime and Manga Recommendations  (Read 9621 times)

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
Re: Anime and Manga Recommendations
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2015, 11:50:10 PM »
If you go to watchdub.com can you request a good romantic anime for me. I'll watch it. ^^

Whoever comes up with one that seems intriguing. I'll watch, then the others, if possible. :3

Don't worry it doesn't have to be like Clannad. ^^;

http://www.watchdub.com/?max-results=5&cat-id=4

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #81 on: August 03, 2015, 01:46:42 AM »
Okay, I got a few you may like, not a lot but I don't watch a ton of romance anime. But these are personal favorites of mine.

First up is Chuunibyou
http://www.watchdub.com/english-dubbed/love-chunibyo-and-other-delusions/
Very clean, (there's like one scene where girls are taking baths but it hardly shows anything) very funny, and it will give you feels. It does change from funny to dramatic awfully quickly half way through though. The second season isn't as good though. But you have to watch episode 13 of season 1.

http://www.watchdub.com/english-dubbed/kokoro-connect/
Funny, dramatic, and a little bit of supernatural chaos, it's a good one. It does have quite a few dirty jokes though, but it's more of what people say then seeing dirty stuff visually. There are a couple moments here and there where breasts are touched, but it kinda makes sense in the context of what's going on. You do see someone's bra later on, but it's not a long scene at all.
It's a shame that the last 3 or 4 episodes are on there. See they were broadcasted a few months after the first 13 ended.

Toradora
http://www.watchdub.com/english-dubbed/toradora/
I will keep recommending this to you until you watch it. One of the best romance anime I've ever watched. Funny, some great drama, and it's just dang cute honestly. There are couple dirty jokes and moments, but it's mostly clean.

Tsubasa Chronicle
http://www.watchdub.com/english-dubbed/tsubasa-chronicle/
I dunno how you'll feel about this one, it's an action/adventure romance. But I think it's a great one. It's clean. It doesn't have much of an ending though because the second season was mostly anime only material and the manga itself got really dark, weird and confusing. But it's still a great watch.

The World God Only Knows
http://www.watchdub.com/english-dubbed/the-world-god-only-knows/
I know you're probably not into harem but I thought I'd give it a mention. It's one of my absolute favorite harem series and it's one I think even people who don't like harem can enjoy. Just don't expect the main guy to get together with any girl, cuz it only happens at the end of the manga which the anime has not adapted. It is really clean (except one episode and that wasn't even that bad) really funny, and the main  guy is awesome.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
« Reply #82 on: August 03, 2015, 08:43:00 PM »
I will definitely watch those in order. Thank you for taking the time to recommend those to me even Toradora a few times. ^^;

About the whole thing me not liking Clannad thing, well, something happened in my personal life that made not like it  but now I do, mostly the first season. Anime should stick with 1 season with light-heart, sweet moments between characters don'tcha think Even if they don't end up together which is why I like Clannad the first season the most and not the second as much. ^^;

I'm sorry I just felt like bringing this up even if people forgot. :O

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »
Few times? If you don't check out Toradora, then I'll keep recommending it til I die. If you end up dropping it because of any of the dirty stuff though I'll understand. Although I don't think it's at the level of Sakarasou Pet.

I'm not really a big Clannad fan myself. People always praise how dramatic and emotional it is. I think it's too emotional. I like certain shows that make me cry, but not every single freaking episode. There should be a balance between dramatic stuff and funny/lighthearted stuff and I think Clannad didn't have enough of the latter.

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2015, 02:29:42 AM »
People are just different. It didn't really cry I forced myself to cry because mostly everyone did. How weird was that? I do cry if I'm not spoiled into the series.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2015, 02:47:05 AM »
Well I believe I was PMSing a bit when I watched the first season so I was probably just extra emotional. I can't see myself crying that much normally.

Offline HoneyBadger

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 32
  • I have a problem for your solution
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2015, 12:30:40 AM »
Lovely Complex

One of the best rom-coms. Read it, watch it. Can't go wrong.

It's about a tall girl, a short guy and shenanigans.

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
« Reply #87 on: August 10, 2015, 04:56:11 AM »
Gah. OO; I don't know where to start to watch. ._.;

I don't like doing other things but I manage to find the time. >>;

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.