Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: HULK! (warning Spoilers)  (Read 81 times)

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
HULK! (warning Spoilers)
« on: January 01, 2017, 10:37:52 PM »
CW: PTSD, Death Mention

So I just picked up the first Issue of HULK, the story of Jen being the Hulk. Considering Bruce died in Civil War II.

NOW what I thought the comic was going to be was Jen carrying on her Cousin's legacy in the most positive way possible. Trying to get back into the swing of things after his death, and her own near death.

Yeah no... that's not what this is shaping up to be at all. We open to Jen being Jen, unhulked.  Which if you've ever read anything She Hulk related you know that's not like her at all. She is Always 100% hulked, even when she was in a coma.

What's more, everything in her Apartment is meant for her to be She Hulk, it's all built to She Hulk's height. We witness her jsut trying to get through a normal day as a lawyer. And at the end of it she gets confronted by someone who wants to talk about Bruce and what happened.

What happens next is interesting, She has to rush into her apartment to calm down, she's afraid to be She Hulk. We witness her trying to hold everything back and in. Curling up on the floor in a fetal position trying to focus in o nthe calm.

It's really moving, and I'm probably explaining it poorly.

This comic isn't what I thought it would be, but it seems like it's gonna be way better.  I hope more people pick it up.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.