Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Yuri!!! on Ice  (Read 311 times)

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr
Yuri!!! on Ice
« on: December 05, 2016, 03:25:26 AM »

Plot (click to show/hide)Yuri!!! on Ice follows a Japanese figure skater named Yuri Katsuki after a crushing defeat during the final of a Grand Prix competition. Following more failures, Yuri develops mixed feelings about ice skating, among other troubles in his life, and puts his career on hiatus. After graduating from college in Detroit, he comes back home to Hasetsu in Kyushu after being away for five years. Yuri visits his childhood friend, Yuko, at an ice rink known as "Ice Castle Hasetsu" and perfectly mimics an advanced skating routine performed by his idol and famous Russian figure skater Victor Nikiforov. When secretly recorded footage of Yuri's performance is uploaded to the internet, it catches the attention of Victor, who decides to suddenly travel to Kyushu to become Yuri's coach. Together with Victor, Yuri aims to win the Grand Prix series as he battles against his rival, Yuri Plisetsky, a 15 year-old rising star skater from Russia.

So I gave this show a chance and I really thought I was going to not like it given the fandom I have so far have been exposed to before I started watching. But I really love this anime. Victor is my favorite character so far and I might even consider adding him on my characters to cosplay list.
<< Post Merge: December 26, 2016, 09:09:06 PM >>

I'm surprised this hasn't had any replies yet.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 09:09:06 PM by Old Man Sokka »
(click to show/hide)

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
Re: Yuri!!! on Ice
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 08:28:32 PM »
Yesssss, I really liked this a lot! It's fun and has great characters and development. Victor and Yuri are adorbs and Yurio cracked me up a lot. I hope they make another season!

Victor is my favorite character so far and I might even consider adding him on my characters to cosplay list.
OMG DOOO ITTTT

the doctor is out...

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr
Re: Yuri!!! on Ice
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 05:18:57 AM »
Spoiler tag (click to show/hide)My gosh. Yurio shouting "shut up, shut up, SHUT UP." after JJ's fans were still chanting for him after his short program defeat was hilarious. And I was dead after Yuri's drunken antics at the banquet. XDDDD
(click to show/hide)

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.