Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Civil War II (Civil War Harder!)  (Read 148 times)

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
Civil War II (Civil War Harder!)
« on: November 02, 2016, 01:42:35 AM »
Basic jist for those not in the know. A new Inhuman named Ulysses can kind of Pre-cog the future, see things before they happen. Due to a vision Captain Marvel gathers the Ultimate, The A Force, and a couple extra people to take on Thanos before he can get the "Cosmic Cube". Basically things go south, but they do manage to capture Thanos. Critical losses are had however.

Carol, that's Captain Marvel of course, rationalizes the that had they not known about Thanos beforehand things could have been much much worse. Let's use Ulysses to stop crime before it happens.

Tony says "That's absolutely nuts. We don't know how his powers work, we don't know if he'll always be accurate, CV and further more... You can't charge people for stuff they didn't do. That's lunacy. And if he can't get it right, or if it can be influenced we shouldn't use it at all.

Civil War!!(2: the second coming), breaks out!

Now I'm trying not to spoil anything of course. It's been this year's new crisis.

Honestly I'm disappointed in pretty much most of it. It's really been messing with a lot of my favorite characters.

What are your thoughts?

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Councilwoman Sailor_Tenchi / Moderator
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
Re: Civil War II (Civil War Harder!)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:09:36 PM »
I haven't actually read a lot of it because I've heard things very close to the reason you were disappointed and I'm also...not crazy about most of Marvel's events in general lately. A lot of the higher ups at Marvel right now seem to be more concerned about shaking up the status quo than respecting their characters (both new and old). Which is annoying because I love Marvel characters...

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 05:49:55 PM »
It's like this though a lot: Ulysses see's something, Carol and SHIELD spring into action, and they cause the event to happen.

Like in All New Wolverine (one of my fav comics right now):

Ulysses: GASP! Old Man Logan is going to kill Gabby (Laura's clone who lives with Laura... Laura is Wolverine's clone.. it's a big long thing. You probably know Laura as X-23 and not Wolverine.. anyway)

Carol: Whoa we gotta stop that! SHIELD AND CAPTAIN AMERICA GO!

Captain America: Myself and 50 other SHIELD agents are here to arrest Old Man Logan

Laura: Why?

Captain America: He's gonna kill Gabby

Logan: What? No I'm not

Laura: See, he's not going to do that.

Captain: We have seen the future and it says otherwise.

Laura: Well get the eff out of my apartment cause that ain't happening.

Captain: No dice, get'em!

Gabby: Hey Dystopian Future Granpa, let's GTFO on my rocket pack we 'borrowed' from SHIELD

Logan: Good thinking kid!

Captain: they're getting away, on a Jetpack! Agents fire at will!

Laura: You're gonna shoot them up with bullets!?

Captain: no they're tranq darts, we're not monsters.

Agents: WE shot him like 80 times, and they've crash landed. We are moving in now... he doesn't seem like he's sleeping.. he's up and moving around... OMG HE'S ANGRY! I'VE BEEN CUT IN HALF!

Logan: I'm hopped up on chemicals and old and confused. METAL CLAWS FOR EVERYONE!

Gabby: Wait.. everyone calm down, back off he's just confused and scared. Hey it's going to be okay, you don't have to kill anyone. Just relax it's going to be fine.

Logan:-Huff..Huff- Right... but... I CAN'T SEPERATE MY REALITY FROM YOUR'S NOW BECAUSE OF DRUGS AND YOU DID A THING IN MY TIME! -CLAWS GO IN CHEST!-

If SHIELD had never shown up, that stuff would have never happened. And trust me it happens like that over and over and over again.

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Councilwoman Sailor_Tenchi / Moderator
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 11:30:19 PM »
Yeaaaahhhhh, the Civil War events tend to make the characters/groups dumber, unfortunately. The first one was one of the rare events where I liked the adaptation (the movie) better than the source material. (And I do know the Laura things! I'm behind on X-Men because I was mad for a while, but I've been looking at news about them. I'll probably pick it back up and only buy the ones I like. XDx)

The event seems to reflect poorly on Carol and Cap's characters, which is annoying...they need a break from poorly thought out, controversial stories/events, I think.

I'm also ready for super villains to come back and do their narrative job in uniting the good guys again, haha.

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 02:39:08 AM »
Tony and Carol are both being dumb about the whole thing.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.