Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Mako's here B)  (Read 308 times)

Offline Mako

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 0
Mako's here B)
« on: July 31, 2016, 03:43:12 PM »

Hi TKC! Mako here. I was feeling bored and decided to sign up for an LoK forum, and google gave me this one as the top result so here I am. Tbh I wasn't planning on actually signing up, but Mako as a username wasn't taken so I went with it anyway. So! Introductions!

I caved into the LoK craze last December after a friend brought it up while we were watching an Adventure Time episode. Lin Beifong's voice actor was a guest star in that episode, and my friend insisted I watched Korra. I thought it was about time I got into a new fandom, so I did. I've only watched a few episodes of ATLA prior to watching LoK, and I didn't really remember much of those. (I've also seen The Last Airbender, but I think we can all agree to deny that film's existence, yes? Good thing I also didn't remember much of it.) Other than knowing some basic stuff about the Avatar series (benders control the elements, and that the fire nation attacks a lot seriously you cant escape this meme) I watched LoK not knowing what I'd get into.

No regrets. LoK was amazing, and I got my emotions bended as easily as Korra bended water.

So yeah! I'll maybe stay around to post (semester is starting for me tomorrow so idk), but I'm definitely glad to have signed up!

I guess while I'm at this I might as well answer the suggested intro questions over at the Get Acquainted thread.

- Your real name and age*
I'll settle for you guys calling me Mako for now :P I'm 20, though.

- Where you're from*
Republic City

- What you like to do/hobbies you enjoy
Reading, I guess. I do art as well. (Come to think of it I haven't done any LoK fan art yet... I should change that.)

- Other fandoms you are in
Pokémon (I'm Morru over at Bulbagarden Forums), Harry Potter, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Magic: the Gathering, Steven Universe (I got a lot of catching up to do, though) . . . Pretty sure I'm missing something, but whatever.

- What education/profession you are in
I'm a student in my last semester @uni studying Wildlife Biology.

- How you got into Avatar
Mentioned this already =)

- Aang or Korra?
I feel like one of the few people who thinks LoK was better than ATLA. I'll have to go with Korra.

- Favorite characters (in A:tLA/Korra or other fandoms)
idk. Mako maybe. :P

- Your ships?
Is Mako with himself a ship? Haha, my friend (same one who got me into Avatar) says I'm mancrushing on Mako, but I really just project myself onto his character a lot. I've been told Mako isn't a fan favorite, but I just can't dislike his character even if he was a jerk at times. (I mean I am one too so lol). I just related to him and his story the most ya feel me? ohgod i probs sound selfabsorbed and narcissistic rip Actual ships I don't really think about, but I guess either Mako and Korra or Mako with Asami.

There you go. Mako's never been good at settling/ending things so uh, that's that. Yeah... :x

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Councilwoman Sailor_Tenchi / Moderator
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
Re: Mako's here B)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 09:25:46 AM »
Welcome to TKC!

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
Re: Mako's here B)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »
The MakoMako ship.  Oh, good grief. XD

Hey, Mako!  Welcome!  Glad you joined us!  And although I don't play the game myself, I think you'll find lots of company here when it comes to Pokémon.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.