Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Six Flags Great America Breaks Out 'Justice League' to Celebrate 40th Birthday  (Read 1001 times)

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/news/ct-six-flags-great-america-new-ride-justice-league-met-20160526-story.html

From the Chicago Tribune.  Looks like our local Six Flags is feeling a wind from Orlando.  :D  Take a look.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
That's dang awesome!! Gotta love the Justice League!

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
(grins)

I'm wondering if Six Flags is using Great America as a test, and maybe they'll be doing this at their other theme parks, the way Universal has done with Harry Potter and Disney with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
They really should, the park could be so much better honestly.

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
It'd make sense if they did.  But I think I saw an article in this Sunday's Travel section that talked about different new rides at different Six Flags parks.

Which reminds me...
(I think Water will like this.  :D)

A little blast from the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItsOx9DnkMw

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
Okay, but you can't forget about the most iconic one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0bvgpg7yig

I hope they do more than just thrill rides, honestly that's what makes Universal and Disney Land/World fun is that there's a ton of types of attractions to offer.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 03:59:31 AM by Fenix »

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
(nods)  i saw that one when I found the other one.  XD  That sound brings back a few memories.

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
I've never been to six flags but that's pretty sweet :3

the doctor is out...

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
I've been to the one with Marine World in it, we pretty much spent the whole time in that portion of the park and only went on like 2 rides. I was okay with that because it's when I realized I hate thrill rides.

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
I'm not much for them either.  Years ago, Great America used to have forests of video games, and that's what I went for.

That, and I was there because my horde of people wanted to go to Great America to ride the rollercoasters.  XD  I had to do something productive with the time.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
I've never actually heard of Great America before. Which is really surprising coming from me.

Yeah, that's basically what my mom and I did whenever my brother and dad went on the big crazy Disney Land rides. We would find something to do or just walk around for a short while.

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
There's only one Great America that I know of; it's in Gurnee, Illinois, north of Chicago and close to the Wisconsin border.  I'm not surprised you haven't heard of it.  It got bought up years ago when Six Flags started acquiring theme parks.  It started out being based in some ways on Warner Brothers characters--uh, before there was a Warner Sister, that is.  :D  You could see Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, & Co. walking around the same way you could see Mickey & Minnie at Disney parks.

Still can, I think.  I haven't been there in years.

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
And Roy, I'm afraid "Justice League" is a one-off; the other Six Flags parks aren't building that ride.  I wish I could dig up a link from the Tribune's website, but the Travel section from two Sundays ago says Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo, California, is doing a new ride called "The Joker", a "hybrid steel-and-wooden coaster that leaves riders a little twisted--in a good way", Six Flags New England has just opened "Superman: the Ride Virtual Reality Coaster", and Six Flags over Georgia has a new section of rides called "DC Super Friends" with "Superman Tower of Power", "Batcopters", "Wonder Woman Fight School", "Harley Quinn Games", and "The Joker Funhouse Coaster".

I sense a lot of DC, but more variations on the theme rather than one ride throughout, sounds like.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
I pretty much figured that, but was curious to see if they'll improve or add new rides and attractions to the other parks.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.