Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: How would you really feel if Avatar turned into a REAL Anime from Japan?  (Read 669 times)

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
I know anime means animation and so does cartoon meaning that definition as well in most countries to most people and than there's the fans and than there's the critics.

Yes Avatar is anime but what if it was an anime made in Japan?

I know they did it to the Power Puff Girls and other series and movies.

So. I'm not sure.

Would you guys be happy about it?

Say your opinions here...

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Avatar is already considered an anime to some people even though I completely disagree, but even then it's close enough in style that I don't think anyone would want to remake it in Japan. PPG is really different though in terms of art style so that might be why the Japanese were interested in it. I'm actually not sure how Japan was allowed to make a PPG anime in the first place, I don't think Nick would ever allow it with Avatar.

I dunno if I'd be happy or anything, I'd just find it unnecessary and pointless to do an Avatar anime. I really don't want more of Japan's influence to rub off on Avatar then it already has, especially nowadays.

I'm actually not sure it was all that popular in Japan like PPG was.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
I think it'd be an interesting contrast, but... hmm.  I'm not sure.  Well, if someone made it, I'd certainly check it out.

And beg your pardon, Roy: what's PPG?

EDIT: beg your pardon again--I think I figured it out.  Power Puff Girls, right?

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
EDIT: beg your pardon again--I think I figured it out.  Power Puff Girls, right?
Yep, a japanese animation studio made Powerpuff Girls Z. it was... interesting, not exactly bad, just interesting.

But I think the major difference between PPG and Avatar:
PPG was a Slice of Life/Monster of the Week series, so it could be expanded and adapted into something more story-related.
Avatar IS an epic story, and any changing of it could turn it into something that it isn't at its core. I don't trust anyone with a re-make, because it wouldn't be the same.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Yep, a japanese animation studio made Powerpuff Girls Z. it was... interesting, not exactly bad, just interesting.

PPG was a Slice of Life/Monster of the Week series, so it could be expanded and adapted into something more story-related.
Avatar IS an epic story, and any changing of it could turn it into something that it isn't at its core. I don't trust anyone with a re-make, because it wouldn't be the same.

Well said, Crys.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr

Well said, Crys.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
Thank you all for your comments and I appreciate your honest opinions. :)

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.