Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Where do you get your Comics?  (Read 235 times)

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
Where do you get your Comics?
« on: February 17, 2016, 05:28:28 AM »
https://www.facebook.com/pages/North-Coast-Roleplaying/114991025186731

I never went there but I got my first comic ordered there online since they didn't had it at the time which my dad got and read some since comics back in the 90's are hard to read prefer graphic novels/light novels and according to people the owner of the store is really nice... It's been there for years. :O

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Councilwoman Sailor_Tenchi / Moderator
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
Re: Where do you get your Comics?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 12:15:59 PM »
I've been getting back into comics lately, so I wanted to share the resources I found.

To support your local comic shop and find events, there's a database that will tell you what's in your area: LCS Locator

For online purchases: There's the obvious in Amazon, but I've also been recommended InStockTrades and CheapGraphicNovels.

Barnes and Noble is usually expensive, but sometimes they have sales in which there are "Buy Two, Get One Free" deals, which can be worth it. There's one going on right now for all Marvel and DC titles.

For Marvel, specifically, they have an online service. If you don't care about owning them or just want to read tons of comics (including a sizable number of old ones--such as Spider-Man's first appearance and on), you can subscribe to Marvel Unlimited. As the title suggests, there's no limit to how many comics you can read if you're subscribed. They don't have everything, but they have a lot and continue to add issues.

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 05:39:04 PM »
I get all my comics at the local comic book store here. And I guess because we are subscribed to so many comics we get a 20% discount. SO that's nice.

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Councilwoman Sailor_Tenchi / Moderator
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 11:22:22 PM »
Wow, that's a nice discount. Mine's at 10%, but I haven't pulled the trigger on getting a pull list yet. I might check out the other two shops in my area first. The one with the 10% has a nicer website, has signings sometimes, and has a newsletter, which I don't think the others have. But it also has about 94654649684 people on the Spider-Man pull list, so if I ever want variants, I don't think I can get 'em there. Not that I intend to buy 616 Spider-Man right now...DX But Renew Your Vows, that I want.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.