Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 387 times)

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr
Rick and Morty
« on: January 26, 2016, 03:26:46 AM »
WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUUUUUB!!!

I love this show so much. It brings a breath of fresh air to particular segment of television that has been dominated by Seth MacFarlane cartoons, and The Simpsons. My favorite episode is the parasite episode. Mr. Poopybutthole is sorry you don't have unpleasant memories of him.

Anyone playing Pocket Morty's?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
Re: Rick and Morty
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 03:59:17 AM »
This show is honestly fantastic. One of the best comedies on TV right now. It's funny, it's deep, it's smart, and it earns every emotional moment. We needed this.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:32:34 AM »
Agreed. While it does have cutaways it doesn't fully rely on them for humor.

One moment that did make me think was when Summer defended The Devil from Rick. "So what McDonalds gives people diabetes."
(click to show/hide)

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Councilwoman Sailor_Tenchi / Moderator
  • Round 1!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 11:20:53 AM »
I just marathoned this recently and...dang. I usually find it more difficult to watch shows where the main character is as abrasive as Rick, but his more humanizing moments in combination with the show's wacky sci-fi comedy hooked me. I also like that while he can be downright mean to his family, he'll never go as far as something he doesn't think he can fix, and does not tolerate others harming them. He's still very messed up, but his humanization makes him a lot more interesting, than, well, Family Guy protagonists, IMO. Rick's also more aware of his own faults and seems to be realizing that on a deeper level.

I really liked "Big Trouble In Little Sanchez" both for the Rick parts and the ridiculous Jerrys produced in that episode. XD Not to mention it was one of the episodes that made me realize I actually like Summer (I didn't at first).

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 03:49:11 AM »
I did it all for the sauce, Morty.
(click to show/hide)

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.