Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Greetings Friends  (Read 868 times)

Offline HughWottmeight86

• u wot m8?
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 1
  • I just want to be mentally healthly
Greetings Friends
« on: January 26, 2016, 02:36:47 AM »
Hello there.

I suppose I need to introduce myself.

My name is J.D. and I used to be apart of Kataang Forever, which closed a while ago, it's been forever since it went down and with it, went my interest of Avatar for a long time. I abandoned the cartoons I loved as a child and teenager for better pursuits that I felt were worth it. Aspirations Med school, my love of singing. But now I've gone back and rediscovered the things that made me feel wonderful as a kid. It truly amazes me that after nearly seven years since I last watched ATLA that it still brings me joy and that kidish excitement that I just can't get away from, like a drug, it infects every fiber of me.

I'm 19 years old and starting a difficult path, which like before, it made me want to discover what influenced me. I remember writing these little stories about me and my adventures with my friends, our own little Gaang. Of course, I never showed it to them but I think fondly of them. It's obvious to me that this board has hit quite a bump in terms of people who still visit nowadays. Do I miss KF? Of course. In fact I visited the ole' site and looked through all the quotes that everyone put and was ashamed that I left and never put one there myself.

I hope for the few of you that still occupy this wonderful place that you accept me with open arms.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 03:39:01 AM by HughWottmeight86 »

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr
Re: Greetings Friends
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 03:20:46 AM »
I too have gone on with other things, and just recently poked back into this site.

Welcome, J.D.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 06:07:20 AM »
Sup! So did you post much on KF and if you did what was your name? I'm curious cuz I'm wondering if we've ever spoken before.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline HughWottmeight86

• u wot m8?
  • Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 06:44:54 AM »
Sup! So did you post much on KF and if you did what was your name? I'm curious cuz I'm wondering if we've ever spoken before.

I did post alot, but I don't remember what I was. I honestly haven't thought about KF in a long time.

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Councilwoman Sailor_Tenchi / Moderator
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 02:21:46 PM »
Welcome to TKC!

It's always nice to pursue your main passions while rediscovering old ones. Good luck on your path and I hope you enjoy your time!

Offline HughWottmeight86

• u wot m8?
  • Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 05:41:26 PM »
Welcome to TKC!

It's always nice to pursue your main passions while rediscovering old ones. Good luck on your path and I hope you enjoy your time!

I completely agree and thank you. :)

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »
Hello, J.D.!  Welcome to TKC!

Welcome to TKC!

And I completely agree with what Sailor said. :D  Hope you like the place!

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 08:51:52 PM »

I did post alot, but I don't remember what I was. I honestly haven't thought about KF in a long time.

Well I'm sure we were friendly at least. My username there was Fenix too. If you were around during 2010 or later, let's just say I was known as Ruler of the World and was a mod for a couple years.

Offline HughWottmeight86

• u wot m8?
  • Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 08:57:57 PM »

Well I'm sure we were friendly at least. My username there was Fenix too. If you were around during 2010 or later, let's just say I was known as Ruler of the World and was a mod for a couple years.

I remember that. I was there from around the end of 08' til '11

right after some drama happened that resulted in like 6 people leaving, if my memory serves me.

I'm definitely wrong on the years I feel like.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 09:00:11 PM by HughWottmeight86 »

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 09:02:08 PM »
All I recall is drama going on and off that caused people to leave here and there. But that was about it. I had a lot going on during those years and I tended to try and stay away from the drama anyways.

Offline HughWottmeight86

• u wot m8?
  • Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 10:10:48 PM »
All I recall is drama going on and off that caused people to leave here and there. But that was about it. I had a lot going on during those years and I tended to try and stay away from the drama anyways.

T'was a good plan. I did my best to stay on the sidelines but somehow I always ended up in the middle. Must be my charming personality. :P

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 01:51:50 AM »
Welcome to TKC:D I hope that you'll have fun here:D

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.