Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Pokemon General (Current Event: Mega Stones)  (Read 3626 times)

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
Re: Pokemon General (Current Event: Genesect)
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2016, 03:08:15 AM »
The main story is so good I'm legit thinking about purchasing Moon just so I can play it over again. I am in love with this game. Still haven't done the after story stuff.

But OMG that main story tho

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Councilwoman Sailor_Tenchi / Moderator
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
Re: Pokemon General (Current Event: Genesect)
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2016, 09:11:12 PM »
slkfjsdklfj I just finished the main plot (no post game yet) and I am so incredibly impressed.

i won't talk spoilers at all until like next week just in case... but i love it, i love it so much, best gen

The main story is so good I'm legit thinking about purchasing Moon just so I can play it over again. I am in love with this game. Still haven't done the after story stuff.

But OMG that main story tho

Both of these things....YEEEESSSSSSSS!!!

I really enjoyed the story this gen and literally the only thing that stopped me from slamming my face back into it with Moon is the fact that I need to soft-reset for event legendaries before November 30th. BUT WHEN THAT'S OVER, I'M COMING BACK FOR MORE.

I can't resist saying one specific thing about it though...

PLOT SPOILERS (click to show/hide)It's interesting how the two gens with the most plot both involve TERRIBLE PARENTING, omg...

But on a separate note, I must say I am both grateful and terribly annoyed at the inclusion of

Minor Item Spoilers (click to show/hide)Apricorn Balls. They give you 1 each?! ONE. Why this. XDX

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
    • My tumblr
Re: Pokemon General (Current Event: Munchlax)
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2016, 09:55:41 PM »
I freaking love this game.

Plot Spoiler (click to show/hide)The collaboration between Aether Foundation and Team Skull feels like a pleasant throwback to the Orre Region games with Cipher and Team Snaggem and that's just one thing.

Elite Four Spoiler (click to show/hide)In this game you actually are the champion. You sit in the chair and the trainers come to challenge you, the champion. You don't face the same person over again.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2016, 09:57:49 PM »
plot spoilers!!!! (click to show/hide) The antagonist of this gen was so amazingly horrible that I was just impressed that Pokemon went THAT HARD... Like N's situation was horrible but this was another level!! 

Did anyone else find this game fairly hard? I got absolutely bodied regularly

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Round 1!
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2016, 10:09:04 PM »
More, MAJOR, Plot Spoilers (click to show/hide)I LOVE LUSAMINE IN THAT SO-HORRIBLE-SHE'S-GREAT KIND OF WAY, OH MAN. She might actually be my favorite Pokemon villain...

Elite Four Spoiler (click to show/hide)I thought that was a cool change--especially given that it's a new thing in Alola. :O

It was definitely more challenging than past generations. I didn't have too much trouble, but I was regularly surprised that the AI was both intelligent and pretty high leveled. I probably would have actually done poorly in some areas if I turned my exp share off, but I like leveling new 'mons without the grind, and this was the only gen where I actually used them in the main game too. Which was nice. I obviously didn't have a balanced team, but I did use some non-fire types, like Lycanroc (<333). XD

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
    • DA
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2016, 11:01:28 PM »
major plot spoilers!!! (click to show/hide) I appreciate that she's also the first female villain. I could not have asked for a better lady villain if I wanted to. She was astoundingly complex and interesting, and her interactions with Lillie and Gladion were so sad but powerful.

I think it's amazing that they included this... abuse story in a Pokemon game. There are kids out there playing right now that have parents like that, and now they have this amazing character that stood up for herself just...

The character development was so great

I got swept by the Grass Totem lmao I had the exp.share on all game but I just fail apparently

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Round 1!
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2016, 11:29:06 PM »
Even more MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS (click to show/hide)AYE, that pleased me greatly. She's terrible and her backstory doesn't excuse it, but it absolutely set it up well. Add on those dynamics with her children and WOW.

I thought so too. It was surprisingly brutal and Lillie's arc is SO GOOD. I couldn't believe how fleshed out Lillie was and I even liked Gladion more than I thought I would, though I definitely prefer the former. SO PROUD.

I love character development and to see it in Pokemon...heaven help me, I cannot.

Nah, I'm just crazy and soft-reseted for nature, omg. (Which was AWFUL as you can't save right in front of the starters. XDX)

I also had more fire pokemon than I should, so I had auto-advantage on the grass one. ^^;

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2016, 07:30:14 AM »
minor spoiler (click to show/hide)Can we just talk about that Team Skull Grunts are the first team to break the forth wall?

Grunt: Lets write our names on our shirts so we won't get them mixed up.

Grunt: All of our names are Grunt. What's the point?
(click to show/hide)

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
    • DA
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2016, 08:29:48 AM »
So i was having a really really bad day on the 26th (yesterday) and i was just playing pokemon to get my mind off things. I got distracted with making a Shiny-catching Smeargle

and lo and behold

without the smeargle (it's too low a level) i found TWO shinies within an hour of each other!! the SOS method is so good!!

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Round 1!
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2016, 12:20:53 AM »
Sorry about the bad day, Crys--I hope things are goin' better in general! But that's AWESOME--look at those beauts! @@

Also, as the 30th grows ever closer, I have found I actually have TOO MANY Arceus and Darkrai codes--if any of you can make use of them, let me know! I can post some here. My aunts helped me get codes for my living dex (I told 'em I was gunning for 18 Arceus), and between them, myself, and a friend, I got FORTY-EIGHT CODES. I used a lot of 'em, but oh man, they went the whole mile. All legit from GameStop, of course. ^^;

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2016, 05:23:45 PM »
Congrats on your shinies!

Doing the after story bit.. and holy heck do I have lots of Ultra Beasties... about to get the last one.... which I might actually be under leveled for...yikes.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2016, 07:44:24 PM »
Please forgive me; I'm completely illiterate when it comes to Pokémon.  What's a shiny?

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2016, 07:47:00 PM »
Please forgive me; I'm completely illiterate when it comes to Pokémon.  What's a shiny?
It's essentially albinism in the Pokemon universe. On extremely rare occasions, a pokemon's color scheme will be different.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
    • DA
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2016, 11:44:25 PM »
It's essentially albinism in the Pokemon universe. On extremely rare occasions, a pokemon's color scheme will be different.
Yep, and they're super rare. The rate is like 1 in 4000-something in the current generations, and there are things you can do in the game that make that chance higher. What I was doing, called the SOS method, lowers it to (people think) 1 in 518?
The fact that I got two in about an hour was incredibly rare, but even rarer that I got ANOTHER ONE then next morning in ONE encounter. lmao

Sometimes the shiny colors are really boring, but thankfully the ones I got are really nice. The praying mantis is usually pinkish, and shiny they're green. The monkey is usually brown, but mine is a chocolate mint color scheme. The heart fish is usually pink but it's yellow shiny.

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2016, 04:25:50 PM »
The only Shiny I currently want really badly is Salazzle like... thing looks so freaking cool

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2016, 07:29:48 PM »
Yep, and they're super rare. The rate is like 1 in 4000-something in the current generations, and there are things you can do in the game that make that chance higher. What I was doing, called the SOS method, lowers it to (people think) 1 in 518?
The fact that I got two in about an hour was incredibly rare, but even rarer that I got ANOTHER ONE then next morning in ONE encounter. lmao

Sometimes the shiny colors are really boring, but thankfully the ones I got are really nice. The praying mantis is usually pinkish, and shiny they're green. The monkey is usually brown, but mine is a chocolate mint color scheme. The heart fish is usually pink but it's yellow shiny.

Thanks, Av, Topaz.  :D

So do shinys (shinies?) have any special abilities?  Or is it their rarity that makes them sought after?

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
    • DA
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2016, 09:22:17 PM »
Thanks, Av, Topaz.  :D

So do shinys (shinies?) have any special abilities?  Or is it their rarity that makes them sought after?
I usually say Shinies but I don't think it matters?
It's definitely their rarity, there are people that make their entire professional pokemon career (youtubers so lucky tho) on finding all the shinies. but, by very virtue of HOW you find them in the games means there's a higher chance of them having their special abilities, yes.

Like my little mantis up there has Contrary, which is not it's normal ability. Because i was SOS hunting for it, all the little pokemon the first mon calls have a higher rarity chance; meaning it can have the secret Ability, better Stats for battling, or be Shiny. Or, in some cases, all three or any combination thereof.

The only Shiny I currently want really badly is Salazzle like... thing looks so freaking cool
SALAZZLE IS SO COOL

Offline Sailor_Tenchi

• Firebender
  • Round 1!
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2016, 11:36:11 AM »
I also use "shinies," but it's not really official either way, haha. Yeah, it's mostly for the rarity and the hunt that comes with it, but sometimes people also prefer the shiny colors to the normal ones.

Shiny Salazzle is LEGIT...but the gender-based evolution...may the Force be with you, man, oh man.

I want to breed a shiny Litten for Christmas because, as I've said somewhere else, it looks like a CANDY CANE, and I love it. XD

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
    • DA
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2016, 11:34:18 PM »

guys
i am just so......lucky
shinies...

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2016, 09:01:40 AM »
Well it's been some time since I've posted on this forum, but this thread is what I'm all about.

I haven't done much exciting in Sun except beat the main story and catch all the Ultra Beasts. I'm just waiting on Pokemon Bank to be updated so I can trade my OR Pokemon over and start breeding some competitive Pokemon. But there is one thing I did recently that I am extremely proud of.

After 2 years of breeding, grinding, and waiting on all the Legendary Pokemon to be made available through events, I completed my Living Dex in OR. And I obtained all 721 of them completely legitimate. For those who aren't aware of what a Living Dex is, it basically means I not only have every Pokemon registered in the PokeDex, but I have every single Pokemon in the PC.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.