Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: I'm considering leaving TKC....  (Read 733 times)

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
I'm considering leaving TKC....
« on: November 07, 2015, 05:11:58 AM »
There doesn't seem to be any reason for me to stay on this site any longer. I see more posts about Gunnerkrigg Court than anything else. No, I don't have a problem with this site talking about other topics. But,with Avatar and The Legend of Korra now only being graphic novels, I see more about this than anything else here.

Many people here don't seem to come here anymore. I know that they either don't have the time to or have lost interest.

I'm finding that many of my posts lately are either ignored or not taken seriously. I try to warn you guys and girls about the TPP tonight, and what do I get? "Eh. I'm not worried." I'm finding that people in general would rather watch some stupid game on TV than to start waking up. Even my latest piece of Korra graphic novel news wasn't even discussed. :(

Even though I know that we're all connected ( everything is), I just don't feel very connected to the people here except for Seluna, Carolinechan5 and occasionally bearboymcg. :(

I'm sorry, but maybe I should just leave this place behind now. Goodbye. T_T

"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: I'm considering leaving TKC....
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 05:38:16 AM »
Woah, woah, woah. I don't wanna be the reason you leave Free_Spirit. Look I wasn't trying to be rude or anything, I'm a naturally skeptical person and I just have a hard time believing something something like that will actually happen. This is coming from several similar attempts that never came to fruition. Can you blame me for my opinion? I just would rather believe that the world in general is at least a little smarter than to let some weird organization take control of the internet when it's probably something that should be considered heavily illegal.

This isn't the first time America and probably the rest of the world has freaked over something that didn't end up being a big deal. (America's war on communism, Y2K, 2012) I'm just not going to worry unless I actually see this TPP thing actually end up being passed and become a huge problem. I got fooled once by that Kony thing and it was embarrassing, I won't be fooled again. I'm a "I'll believe it when I see it" kinda of girl.

I thought I could put some people at ease with what I said in your thread, I'm incredibly sorry if that seemed like I wasn't taking you seriously. Please don't leave on my account.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:29:29 PM »
Yes, there are a lot of lies out there Fenix. That much is true. But I know that this issue is real and could happen. They just passed CISA ( look it up), they'll probably pass this one,too.

Sometimes keeping an open mind on this sort of thing is good. But I am feeling like most people would rather shut their minds off and watch sports or some other stuff on TV. Or a mainstream type movie. :(

I've been thinking about leaving for quite awhile now. I am still considering it Fenix. This place is slowly dying. Not sure how long TKC will last. :(

(Avatar Aang)

Offline 8lue Dra6on

• The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Blood is Red... Fire is Blue!
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 05:28:10 PM »
I know I don't always log in here, but I like it here better than the other site. There's some people on there who are cool, but I just didn't enjoy my experience as much as I thought I would... :/ I wont mention names.

All we need is more people to know about this place. I know Avatar is still alive, even though it's been all about AZULA to me, these days! xD I do check weekly on the Tashi & Nima comic. I'm enjoying that. I'm not too keen on Smoke and Shadow because I'm worried about how they've written my fave, but there's a lot of people discussing it.
ALL HAIL THE BEAUTIFUL FIRE LORD AZULA!

DeviantArt - Tumblr - Twitter - My Thread

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 07:48:38 PM »
Free_Spirit, I'm sorry I didn't respond to this sooner.  I will admit to having to sort through and sift out some responses that won't help, especially some angry ones.

There's no question that TKC sees very little activity nowadays, although I think that was true even during the tail end of Legend of Korra.  We simply don't have people coming through here like we used to.  I agree that a lot of people have probably moved on to other things.  ATLA has been over now for seven years, and Legend of Korra didn't have the drawing power that ATLA did.  Gene Yang's ATLA works are nicely drawn, but they're not ATLA, either.  And true, when people are here, they talk about things other than ATLA that they care about and are active, like Gunnerkrigg Court.

TKC is up against other ATLA/LoK forums with far more members than ours and up against websites like tumblr, which seems to have a never-ending flow of content--or at least a never-ending flow of reblogs.  You can make a post here with all the passion you can muster only to watch it just... sit there.  I agree.  So why bother?

Part of my reason for staying here is loyalty and connectedness to Seluna, too, but another part, kinda backwardsish given the paragraph above, is that you can make a post here and NOT watch it get borne away in a current of reblogging posts.  You can actually talk about things.  I agree, we don't have that many people to talk about things here, but the potential exists.  I continue to post my writings here because of that potential--not because I think somebody will see something I write here and make it explode with recognition, but because I want to see what people I know have to say about it.

If you leave, and maybe you already have, this site will only become more quiet.  We won't get to see what you create and talk about it here, and I do like the stuff you make.  I'm going to miss that.  I know I can find it elsewhere, but I like it when you post it here.

Yes, I know that post is a little self-serving.  Big surprise.  :D  I still stand by it.

TKC won't ever be tumblr, but it can be a quiet place where we can talk about things.  Whether or not it stays up depends on whether or not people are here and what Seluna wants to do with the place, but I'm staying.  I love talking with the people here.  I hope you do too.

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »
I think I'll stay here after all! :)
(Avatar Aang)

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 07:00:10 PM »
I'm glad.  :D

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.