Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: One Punch Man  (Read 557 times)

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
One Punch Man
« on: November 04, 2015, 04:18:33 AM »
because i need to talk about this thing ;;

ONE PUNCH MAN is a new anime from the fall 2015 season! You can watch it here on Kissanime, but it's also on Daisuki and Hulu which is where most streaming sites seem to leech it off of.

Saitama is a hero for fun who is starting to find the hero business... well... boring. He seems to defeat any monster, no matter how strong, with a single punch. Follow him through his existential crisis about being too powerful, as well as other mundane issues like grocery sales and having his apartment blown up.
He's followed by Genos, who is an over-dramatic cyborg with a dark past that he can't seem to condense into anything less than several paragraphs. After witnessing Saitama's powers for himself, he insists on becoming his pupil to learn the secret of his powers... only Saitama doesn't really understand what the big deal is.
Later come several other strangely named characters that are fun to just let happen as you watch/read it.

It's funny, it has great action, the characters are endearing, and the animation team that picked it up is absolutely amazing! 10/10 go WATCH IT there's only FIVE EPISODES RIGHT NOW sdjkflsd

One Punch Man started as a Webcomic created by a guy named ONE in his offtime. You can see it all translated here, but I'm warning you... the art is hilariously bad! I would probably not suggest it to start, but I always found it endearing. Despite the silly art, this comic got a LOT of popularity and recognition for everything else! Pacing, characters, story, humor, and genre savvy self-awareness!
More recently (2012), the comic got the full manga treatment! Picked up Shueisha (Shounen Jump, etc) they did a near panel to panel redraw of it while leaving the text mostly unchanged - although it's still quite a ways behind the original. You can read this shiny new version here.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:20:52 AM by Crystle »

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
Re: One Punch Man
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 12:51:30 PM »
"Follow him through his existential crisis about being too powerful, as well as other mundane issues like grocery sales and having his apartment blown up."  You've got my attention, Topaz.  XD

"Pupil" seems such a strange word here, regarding Genos; I guess I'm so used to seeing "student" in things like this.  That'll be interesting.

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 26
    • My tumblr
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:59:28 AM »
OPM is coming to Toonami FYI. The VA who dubbed Saitama nailed it.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
Genos is my cyborg son no one can take him from me. that is all-

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 11:21:03 PM »
Just watched the first season on Adult Swim. I want more.
(click to show/hide)

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 12:58:53 AM »
Season 2 is happening this year! I'm so excited!

Offline Old Man Sokka

• Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 08:22:41 PM »
Season 2 is happening this year! I'm so excited!
Aww, yeah. Saaaame.
(click to show/hide)

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.