Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Avatar: The Complete Collection set release date!!! :O  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
Avatar: The Complete Collection set release date!!! :O
« on: July 14, 2015, 03:44:48 AM »
It took nearly 7 years from the time that Avatar ended, but here it is: news that a 16 DVD set will be released on October 6th!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/n/21300

So, if you don't already have the whole series on DVD, here's your chance! :) No word yet of a Blu-ray version though.

Discuss! :)
"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline TheLocalAmazon

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
  • part time procrastinator and full time friend
Re: Avatar: The Complete Collection set release date!!! :O
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 06:55:51 AM »
Bless their souls, best news I heard all day.
I'm on one of those spiritual journeys, I think.

I cannot possess your soul without losing my own.

Offline KataangFTW

• Kataang Shipper
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 11
  • The 31st Golden Raspberry Awards were spot on ;)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 02:07:46 PM »
Ironically, I just bought all three seasons on DVD a few weeks ago, so I'm afraid I'm not too excited. Ah well.

Team tag by Zev.

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 05:02:55 PM »
I already have Book 3 on DVD. I'll most likely buy the rest of the DVD's along with this just to collect them.

Offline KataangFTW

• Kataang Shipper
  • Round 1!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »
Gotta stockpile for when Netflix decides to remove it, eh?

Team tag by Zev.

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 05:36:23 PM »
Mostly just to collect them. I love to collect these and I'll stick to other sources for watching the series.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 07:03:41 PM »

Netflix removed Avatar ages ago, at least in the US

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline KataangFTW

• Kataang Shipper
  • Round 1!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2015, 04:56:59 AM »

They still have it up here in Canada. It must be one of those rare titles where Americans have to switch their IP addresses to Canadian ones to access it; usually it's the other way around.

Team tag by Zev.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 04:59:31 AM »

They still have it up here in Canada. It must be one of those rare titles where Americans have to switch their IP addresses to Canadian ones to access it; usually it's the other way around.

Freaking lucky!! I wouldn't call it a rare title, it's just that every country does Netflix differently I guess. -shrugs-

Offline KataangFTW

• Kataang Shipper
  • Round 1!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 03:50:29 PM »

Freaking lucky!! I wouldn't call it a rare title, it's just that every country does Netflix differently I guess. -shrugs-

Of course, it's always wise to not trust Netflix completely and have an alternative source of AtLA episodes. This Complete Collection should give at least some people that opportunity.

Team tag by Zev.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2015, 08:40:59 PM »

Of course, it's always wise to not trust Netflix completely and have an alternative source of AtLA episodes. This Complete Collection should give at least some people that opportunity.

Agreed. I've seen lots of occurrences where they don't have the full series of finished shows. I actually remember when they had Codename Kids Next Door that they only had the last 3 seasons, same with Dexter's lab with the last 2 instead of the first two good seasons..

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:24 PM »
Netflix sometimes does have the whole series up, such as Courage the Cowardly Dog and many anime series. :)

I don't need the Avatar set; I already had the whole series on DVD since shortly after the finale. I bought the individual volumes, mostly with gift cards and received 2 of the Book 2: Earth DVDs as a birthday gift one year. The only volume I bought in full was the very final one. Plus I bought the Book 2 set just for the chibi shorts.

The same mainly went for Korra; gift cards, Book 1: Air was earned, Books 2 & 3 were bought with gift cards ( at least covering most if not the whole cost), and Book 4 was bought with a gift card I got for buying my new TV. Wanting the extras that only came with the Blu-ray version of Book 4, I bought a copy of that used on eBay. ;D
"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2015, 09:22:29 PM »
Well yeah, a lot of the times they have the whole series, but a lot of the times they don't as well. I don't get Netflix sometimes.

I only have half of season 1 and half of season 2 burned onto disks, and the last two DVDs of Season 3. Well and season 1 of Korra.
But anyways I have very good reasons to buy the complete set, although I'm not sure what to do with my season 3 DVDs if I get the collection.

Offline KataangFTW

• Kataang Shipper
  • Round 1!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »

Agreed. I've seen lots of occurrences where they don't have the full series of finished shows. I actually remember when they had Codename Kids Next Door that they only had the last 3 seasons, same with Dexter's lab with the last 2 instead of the first two good seasons..

Sometimes they're also missing individual episodes for cryptic reasons. I can't find the Star Wars V Family Guy parody for the life of me.

Team tag by Zev.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2015, 10:31:30 PM »

Sometimes they're also missing individual episodes for cryptic reasons. I can't find the Star Wars V Family Guy parody for the life of me.

That happened to me with Jimmy Neutron as well when it was on Netflix.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.