Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: The Legend of Korra™ Game is a Top Seller on Steam!  (Read 889 times)

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
The Legend of Korra™ Game is a Top Seller on Steam!
« on: July 09, 2015, 03:02:28 AM »
Yep, you heard it! Legend of Korra has made the front lines on steam. This is most likely because it is on sale for $3.74, but for that price, why say no?

In all honesty, I am super glad that this game is selling well and this only shows that the avatar community is still at large.

Screenshot:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: The Legend of Korra™ Game is a Top Seller on Steam!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 03:52:43 AM »
Out of curiosity, how popular is Steam compared to the game consoles?

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline bobcat4848

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:57:00 AM »

Steam is the lead game distributor when it comes to PC games.

Offline TheLocalAmazon

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
  • part time procrastinator and full time friend
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 05:27:49 AM »
This is excellent news. Glad to know there's so many fans out there.
I'm on one of those spiritual journeys, I think.

I cannot possess your soul without losing my own.

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 09:58:14 PM »
I wasn't a huge fan of the game, but this is certainly interesting.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Spot Enemy Boats

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 06:28:46 AM »

Steam has like 9 million active online users (with 75 million registered), which beats Xbox Live.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/06/30/steam-reaches-record-8-million-concurrent-users-at-the-end-of-its-summer-sale/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:32:02 AM by Spot Enemy Boats »

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2015, 10:21:13 PM »
Ah okay. I thought that since it was still kinda new that it wasn't super popular yet.

Offline Hukeyohi

• Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 30
  • Destroyer of Worlds
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 10:57:43 PM »
Ah okay. I thought that since it was still kinda new that it wasn't super popular yet.

Steam isn't new lol

The signature police made me delete one. Q_Q

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 11:21:43 PM »
The form exists now and the popularity is new to me and probably a lot of others. I had no idea it even existed until a few years ago. In fact Half-Life was the only thing Steam and Valve had going for it for a very long time. If you weren't interested in computer gaming and stuck more with consoles then Steam wasn't something you probably knew much about. For the longest time I actually just thought Steam was another video game company. It wasn't exactly a household name after all.

So you'll have to excuse me for being a little ignorant on Steam since I grew up mostly on the older consoles and only managed to own a Nintend 64, Gamecube, and a Wii because my brother saved up his money to buy them. Oh and I can't forget the fact that the games I actually had on my computer all came from copied disks we got from friends or older siblings. My family was poor, I didn't have much business knowing what the heck Steam is.

Offline Hukeyohi

• Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 30
  • Destroyer of Worlds
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 07:24:35 AM »
The form exists now and the popularity is new to me and probably a lot of others. I had no idea it even existed until a few years ago. In fact Half-Life was the only thing Steam and Valve had going for it for a very long time. If you weren't interested in computer gaming and stuck more with consoles then Steam wasn't something you probably knew much about. For the longest time I actually just thought Steam was another video game company. It wasn't exactly a household name after all.

So you'll have to excuse me for being a little ignorant on Steam since I grew up mostly on the older consoles and only managed to own a Nintend 64, Gamecube, and a Wii because my brother saved up his money to buy them. Oh and I can't forget the fact that the games I actually had on my computer all came from copied disks we got from friends or older siblings. My family was poor, I didn't have much business knowing what the heck Steam is.

o-o
It's not a big deal.  Steams just been out for over a decade so I thought it was funny you called it new.  I haven't exactly lived above the poverty line myself.

The signature police made me delete one. Q_Q

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 06:34:35 PM »

o-o
It's not a big deal.  Steams just been out for over a decade so I thought it was funny you called it new.  I haven't exactly lived above the poverty line myself.

Sorry I got a bit defensive, I wasn't having the greatest day. I just felt incredibly stupid for thinking it was new and got irritated and felt I was being mocked. Not your fault of course as it wasn't your intention, I was in a bad mood and misinterpreted things wrong.

As I said I've never really been in the know with computer gaming and it was never really my thing. Funnily enough we had this Disc installed that had almost all Super Nintendo games on it, so even when I did play on the computer it was still console games.

I've noticed that computer games aren't talked about much in the gaming community with the exception of the really popular ones.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 06:38:15 PM by Fenix »

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.