Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: The Outlander Series  (Read 551 times)

Offline TheLocalAmazon

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
  • part time procrastinator and full time friend
The Outlander Series
« on: July 07, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »
I recently became aquatinted with a girl I'm going to college with. She recommended this series to me and I've found it to be quite addicting. Outlander, the first novel, and the other seven are written by Diana Galbaldon. I've included a short summary below.

I believe the best aspect of these books is how much information there is on Scotland's history and culture in them. They've made me research things myself. And here I was, only reading them for the romance. I've heard from other readers that the later novels take place in America. I'm excited to find out.

"The Outlander series focuses on 20th-century British nurse Claire Randall, who time travels to 18th-century Scotland and finds adventure and romance with the dashing Highland warrior James Fraser."

I'm on one of those spiritual journeys, I think.

I cannot possess your soul without losing my own.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.