Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Spider-man  (Read 2661 times)

Offline The Banished Prince

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
Re: Spider-man
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 12:45:40 AM »

Stan had the right idea.

Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 12:50:16 AM »

Stan had the right idea.
When did he do that?

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 12:56:39 AM »
Wednesday, new comic book day.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2012, 03:17:58 PM »
Yeah, I bought it on Wednesday when it came out. I'm beyond angry. YOU DON'T JUST DO THAT.

You don't take Peter's number one enemy and switch minds with him and then let Peter's mind die in Dr. Octopus' body and Dr. Octopus lives on in Peter's body and becomes the new Spider-man. YOU JUST DON'T DO IT. It's disgusting. Wait at least a year. Maybe two to three years. Four max. Peter will come back. And destroy Octopus once and for all. He's always been my least favorite Spider-man villain. Even when I first learned about him.

I'm so glad Spider Man became dead to me after "One More Day" at this point.

Night, just jump on the Venom bandwagon with me. It's a hoot with Captain Flash Thompson, trust me.

Yeah, I pretty much quit reading after one more day as well. I just picked up the last three issues to see what was happening since they were the last ones.

Yeah, I'll have to see about that then!

Stan had the right idea.
Dang right he did.

-sigh-

Why would Dan Slott do this anyways? It makes no sense.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:21:16 PM by Nightcrawler »

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 01:42:51 AM »
... I feel like I just jumped into a universe where publishers just release weird and bad Fanfiction.
<< Post Merge: December 31, 2012, 01:44:54 AM >>

Wednesday, new comic book day.

Quote (selected)
"As someone who's been reading Amazing Spider-Man since he was 8 years old, am I sad Amazing's going away? Yeah," the writer says. "But as the guy who pushed down the plunger and blew everything up, I'm like, 'Yeah! Did you see the size of that explosion? That was awesome!' "
Written by dicks.

What a twat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:54:19 AM by Av »
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 02:19:49 AM »
Night, just jump on the Venom bandwagon with me. It's a hoot with Captain Flash Thompson, trust me.

I've only heard good things about this book, but I'm j so hesitant to check it out for a couple of reasons.

1. To me, Venom is, and always will be, Eddie Brock.

2. Doesn't it seem odd that every one of Spider-Man's supporting characters has gained superpowers or a symbiote suit at one point. Both of the Osborns were Green Goblins, die became Venom, Felicia became the Black Cat, Aunt May gained control of the Power Cosmic, Mary Jane became Jackpot, and now even Flash Thompson? It seems like lazy writing to me.

Offline Spruce

• They don't think it be like it is...
  • Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 150
  • ...but it do
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2012, 02:45:35 AM »
1. To me, Venom is, and always will be, Eddie Brock.

Man, that was me too, hardcore. Then I started reading. This is a fantastic new Venom all on his own.

Quote (selected)
2. Doesn't it seem odd that every one of Spider-Man's supporting characters has gained superpowers or a symbiote suit at one point. Both of the Osborns were Green Goblins, die became Venom, Felicia became the Black Cat, Aunt May gained control of the Power Cosmic, Mary Jane became Jackpot, and now even Flash Thompson? It seems like lazy writing to me.

Historically, it has been a lazy way to jazz up a character. But in this case, I think it's taking a very fresh take on a non-traditional superhero character (a former jock/bully, now in the pits, and trying to redeem himself? It doesn't make for good fantasy escape bait for the leading comic book demographics). It's very character driven in general, exploring Flash's constant battle with his many demons (be they his past, the symbiote, or the literal one inside him), and the burning question as to whether he can control those demons to do good...and at what personal cost?

This combined with good art and very cool crossover appearances (Circle of Four was amazing).
The best posts I ever made were the ones I didn't make.

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2012, 11:55:39 PM »
Mary Jane was never Jackpot.. or did ..I mis something?...

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2013, 12:40:34 AM »
Mary Jane was never Jackpot.. or did ..I mis something?...

Nah, I was wrong. I stopped reading before it became official and just assumed.

Quote from: wikipedia
The identity of the character was kept secret and became a running feature during the year after her first appearance. She shared many characteristics with the Spider-Man supporting character Mary Jane Watson; long red hair, and a tendency to use the pet term "Tiger", a nickname used by Watson for Peter Parker (Spider-Man) and others on many occasions. Parker himself suspects Jackpot may be Mary Jane[9] and even the name "Jackpot" itself echoes Mary Jane Watson's classic line, spoken in her first full appearance: "Face it Tiger, you just hit the jackpot."

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.