Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: E3 2015  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 25
    • Sage's Twitter
E3 2015
« on: June 17, 2015, 06:41:16 AM »
The more that Sony reveals about upcoming games for the PS4, and the more that Nintendo fails to really capitalize on its big franchises makes me feel like I made a mistake buying a Wii U instead of a PS4.

Seriously, Nintendo... you sweep Zelda Wii U under the rug in favor of games that are more fit for being DLC for full release games than full games themselves? Or taking beloved franchises and removing everything people love about them (looking at a Samus-less Metroid game).

And then I see the Playstation 4... The Last Guardian finally has a release date. Kingdom Hearts 3. Mass Effect: Andromeda. FREAKING FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE!?!

Please tell me I didn't flush over $300 down the toilet...

A:TLA Keeps:
Aang's Confession of Love in "The Guru"
Aang's Imaginary Wind-Sword in "Sokka's Master"
Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Adult!Aang's Handsomeness
Jinora's Personality
Lin's Epic Way of Getting Dressed

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
Re: E3 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2015, 06:53:33 AM »
People need to stop bitching about Zelda U not making an appearance at E3, seriously. Nintendo already announced months before E3 that they would not be showcasing Zelda U.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2015, 07:31:27 AM »
I always saw E3 as more of a Microsoft vs Sony thing. Nintendo has been doing Directs for a few years that seem to do them more good than anything.

I'm still very much excited for their new Triforce thing and getting Hyrule Warriors on the 3DS KING OF RED LIONS RARRR

This new thing, Unraveled, sounds adorable.

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 25
    • Sage's Twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 04:45:53 PM »
It's not just about Zelda Wii U. (Although I DID buy my Wii U JUST to play that game and it's been collecting dust for months.) But none of the games announced for the Wii U seem to be worth my time, amounting to it becoming a $300 doorstop for me until next year. And then next year they are going to make the Wii U obsolete with the announcement of the NX.

... I did make a mistake. :(

A:TLA Keeps:
Aang's Confession of Love in "The Guru"
Aang's Imaginary Wind-Sword in "Sokka's Master"
Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Adult!Aang's Handsomeness
Jinora's Personality
Lin's Epic Way of Getting Dressed

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 07:37:02 PM »
The only thing I really noticed enough to care about was the freaking Final Fantasy VII remake! I can't believe it's finally happening!!

Wait, Kingdom Hearts 3 did appear at E3?

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 02:03:57 AM »
I don't know, I can't say that I liked Nintendo's panel, but they announced a few years ago that most of their big stuff was going to be announced on their own time through their directs, which seems like a much more personal way to take it. And they do release a ton of videos with a lot of info.

I would rather have Nintendo have puppets and be complete nerds passionate about the games they're making than white collar jerks talking off a list and being boring. I think that's why games like Unravel worked really well during their presentations; many of us resonate with passion of their creators. And I don't see a lot of passion in Microsoft and Sony execs.

If you really believe that your Wii U was a waste of money, that's your right to believe so, that's not what I'm arguing. I'm just talking about the reaction to E3 in particular.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 02:06:32 AM by Crystle »

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 03:28:05 AM »
I don't know, I can't say that I liked Nintendo's panel, but they announced a few years ago that most of their big stuff was going to be announced on their own time through their directs, which seems like a much more personal way to take it. And they do release a ton of videos with a lot of info.

I would rather have Nintendo have puppets and be complete nerds passionate about the games they're making than white collar jerks talking off a list and being boring. I think that's why games like Unravel worked really well during their presentations; many of us resonate with passion of their creators. And I don't see a lot of passion in Microsoft and Sony execs.

If you really believe that your Wii U was a waste of money, that's your right to believe so, that's not what I'm arguing. I'm just talking about the reaction to E3 in particular.
I think Eco was responding more to Schmitty, who referred to her dissapointment about the Zelda U's absence at the E3 panel as 'bitching'.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 03:30:16 AM »
Now if you'll excuse me I'm just gonna sit in my little Square Enix corner and be happy.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 08:10:09 AM »
Now if you'll excuse me I'm just gonna sit in my little Square Enix corner and be happy.
If they modernize the combat system for FFVI and make it really cool and fun to use instead of incredibly tedious and boring, this might just be one of the best things ever.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 09:01:15 PM »
If they modernize the combat system for FFVI and make it really cool and fun to use instead of incredibly tedious and boring, this might just be one of the best things ever.

Well if you've seen the most recent KH3 trailer, I don't think any FF combat system could compete. That being said you can't really compare KH because their system is different. How was FF13's combat system and how was FF7s original system compared to the other games?

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 11:25:23 PM »

Well if you've seen the most recent KH3 trailer, I don't think any FF combat system could compete. That being said you can't really compare KH because their system is different. How was FF13's combat system and how was FF7s original system compared to the other games?

It's more that you were using a bunch of menus to select the moves and had battles that earned you XP so slowly you had to farm inconsequential enemies like crazy to get any progress, which really slowed the game down to a snail's pace at times. When I look at the difference between KH and KH2's combat systems, that's the kind of adaptation that would be great. The original combat systems are just tedious and annoying, honestly, as opposed to quick and decisive and fun to play. It's just... Seriously, you have a giant buster sword and an arm canon on two of your main characters, how do you make that boring? If they don't give you direct control over moves via button inputs, and instead have animations that require you to go through a menu to execute, then sit there and watch turn by turn, they're doing something wrong.

That was fine for the time as an RPG, but now? That's not gonna cut it.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 11:42:55 PM »

It's more that you were using a bunch of menus to select the moves and had battles that earned you XP so slowly you had to farm inconsequential enemies like crazy to get any progress, which really slowed the game down to a snail's pace at times. When I look at the difference between KH and KH2's combat systems, that's the kind of adaptation that would be great. The original combat systems are just tedious and annoying, honestly, as opposed to quick and decisive and fun to play. It's just... Seriously, you have a giant buster sword and an arm canon on two of your main characters, how do you make that boring? If they don't give you direct control over moves via button inputs, and instead have animations that require you to go through a menu to execute, then sit there and watch turn by turn, they're doing something wrong.

That was fine for the time as an RPG, but now? That's not gonna cut it.

Wow and here I was expecting you to like the RPG combat system from the older games and defend them, but you basically tore them apart and I actually agree completely. I mean I love those RPG games back then like FF and Chrono Trigger/Cross but I get so tired of all the things you have to click just to get to one move and such. I hate waiting for the fight to start as well. I think that's one thing I liked about FF13 at least, the fights just started as soon as you touched a monster, you didn't have to wait for a scene change or anything. Having it like KH would rock, but at the same time not only should KH be the only game that uniquely plays that way, I also hate when I'm working on some enemies in fighting games in general and others come unexpectedly. It throws me off a lot. So I personally think they should implement KH a little in the fights, but maybe freeze the game in a sense so you're still fighting like a Final Fantasy game.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.