Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Summer anime 2015  (Read 552 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Summer anime 2015
« on: June 27, 2015, 01:32:02 AM »
So apparently the Summer anime season is starting like next week, I actually totally forget until like two days ago myself, but I thought since I now know that I would post the schedule in case you guys are interested.

https://www.livechart.me/summer-2015/tv
http://anichart.net/summer

Here's what I'm definitely watching:

(click to show/hide)Jitsu Wa Watashi Wa - Harem/romcom gag series about a boy who tries to confess to a girl in his class he likes only to discover she's a vampire. After that things get even more bizarre as he finds himself in the company of aliens, a werewolf, a demon and more.
I've been reading  the manga this past week and it's become one of my absolute favorites. It might just be the funniest manga I've read in awhile and if you like sometimes off the wall comedy you'll like this. I'm not sure how they're going to animate something with such a distinct art style as this manga, but if done right it'll be genius. I'll also say this, that don't let the harem tag scare you off, out of all the characters only 3 girls like the main dude and they're not fighting over him all the time. It's not your typical harem at all. Plus despite the ecchi tag it's actually not that bad.

Durarara - I need to finish the previous season though first.

My Will probably check out list:

Gatchamon Crowds Insight - Will have to finish last few episodes of the first season however.

Rokka no Yuusha - I've heard really good things about the novels, that it's unique and well developed. Plus I really like the character designs.

Overlord - I've heard it's sort of like a darker version of those MMORPG series (SAO, Log Horizon for example) so I'm really intrigued. Plus the main is a freaking badass skeleton dude.

Chaos Dragon - Apparently this has a bunch of well know people in the anime industry working on this such as the Durarara author, Gen Urobuchi, etc. How could I not give this a swing?

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime - I've only read like one chapter of this and it was years ago, but it's nice to see a shoujo that doesn't have a cliche school life plot. Surprisingly, shoujo fantasy stories are pretty good. Plus I've read and like some similar mangas like this.

Gakkou Gurashi! - It's kinda like Madoka Magica in that it takes the moe style and sticks it in a super dark setting. This one for example features  zombies that are anything but cute or so I've heard since it's a zombie apocalypse.

Aquarion Logos I'll admit I'm super iffy about this one. Aquarion Evol really messed with me emotionally (mostly my own fault for rooting for the wrong girl) and honestly it had a really lousy second half. Plus there's been a lot of changes such as the music which the series is well known for ,(Akino did one of my favorite anime ending songs) the director, and other crew. That may or may not be a bad thing I'm not sure. The art style's nowhere near Evol's level which had some of the best character designs since Gundam 00. And the plot sounds weird, well weirder than usual. Plus there's still a love triangle I think. That being said the female love interest and the MC both seem much better than Evol's. It could still be a fun time as long as there's good romance, they stick with the reincarnation stuff, the hilarious orgasmic mecha merging, and the all around cheese. Plus I need my mecha fix.

My Will Possibly check out List:

Charlotte - It's not very unique with the school kids gaining powers, but it's PA Works and their stuff always tends to stand out from the rest.

Classroom☆Crisis - A romcom that involves the future and space travel. Consider me intrigued.

Gate - Dude, what's with all the different styles of characters? Watching at least an episode or two.

God Eater - Video Game adaptations that aren't visual novels are rarely ever good, but I've heard Urobuchi is involved and I like him a lot.

Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace -  I think it's a mystery series, it's giving me Another vibes.

Also Dragon Ball Chou or Super, I love how they're really trying to obliterate GT with this new series. They must've really hated it.

So what're you guys watching?

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Noodles Aang Colbert

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 136
  • Wonder what kind of cupcakes they like?
Re: Summer anime 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
I'm not sure what I am watching but I am considering:
Chaos Dragon
Charlotte
Gangsta
God Eater
Gate
Rokka no Yuusha
Working *definitely watching this because I've watched the first 2 seasons and it's funny*

carryovers:
Shokugeki no Souma
Denpa Kyoshi
If you want my Facebook, Tumblr, or Twitter contact just ask! :D

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 10:11:10 PM »
Gangsta does look really good, I'll keep an eye out for it but I'm not sure I'll watch it because I've heard it can be heavy on mature content and I'm not always a big fan of that. But it didn't seem that bad in the promos, so maybe people are just exaggerating.

Gate I'm a tad iffy about now because A-1 Pictures is adapting it and they're well known for lackluster adaptations on any manga that isn't Fairy Tail. I'll still try it out though.

It seems like we're watching most of the same stuff though, which hasn't happened in a while. I still think you gotta watch Jitsu Wa Watashi though, if there's one on your list you don't watch I recommend switching it out with Jitsu.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 10:17:52 PM by Fenix »

Offline Noodles Aang Colbert

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 136
  • Wonder what kind of cupcakes they like?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 09:18:51 AM »
Time is the key issue but I'll keep an eye on other series.  XD
If you want my Facebook, Tumblr, or Twitter contact just ask! :D

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 04:55:58 PM »
I've recently gotten back intro anime even though I'm kind of a newbie. (I just finished Seraph of the end and I thought that was pretty decent.) Any series here you would recommend?

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 02:04:21 AM »
Like for this season or all anime in general?

Offline Cowboy Colt

• Knockout!
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 11:22:26 PM »
Mostly this season, but I suppose I could just look at your list and go from there. hahaha

[

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 12:39:19 AM »
You might as well, we have a lot in common so it's likely you might be interest in some of the same I'm interested in. Although I'm not sure you've watched any of the original seasons of the sequels I'm watching. I'd check out the the chart for synopsis about the shows as well.

Also, people, RandomC finally has their season preview out with a little more insight as always then the charts themselves. http://randomc.net/2015/06/27/summer-2015-preview/

Offline Cowboy Colt

• Knockout!
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 07:10:10 PM »
True. I'll start watching and get back to you. We can have the anime powwow. hahaha

[

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.