Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Hello there!  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Illusive Pants

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
    • My Blog/Art Dump
Hello there!
« on: April 02, 2015, 06:22:29 AM »
I'm sure my enticing and imaginative title has just drawn in crowds by the boatload, so I'll just wait for the noise to die down. Oh, you're the only person here. OK then.

Hi. My name is Jon and I'm new to this forum. Truth be told, I'm new to the Avatar franchise in general. I put off watching the show for a long time, and a few weeks ago finally marathonned ATLA over a couple weeks. I fell in love with it, as I'm sure all of you did long before me.

I've subsequently moved on to Legend of Korra, which I absolutely adore. I'm only up to season 3, so I'll have to tip-toe around spoilers for a couple weeks, but it's already become my favorite animated show. It combines a whole lot of cultural elements which I've already been interested in most of my life and wraps it all into a gorgeously animated and well written show. It's incredible. It also encouraged me to take a break from 3D architecture modeling, which is my primary art medium, and resume practice on 2D character sketching, which is something I've never been very good at. I hope to share some of my ATLA and TLOK fan art with you. Maybe I'll get round to some 3D fan art at some point.

There's not a whole lot to say about myself. I was born in England in 1982, raised in Australia and moved to the United States in 2009, where I now reside with my American wife. I'm a geek at heart, and a proponent of equality (but not a dirty Equalist) for all genders, ethnicities and so forth. I'm a feminist, a video gamer, an amateur artist and rabid consumer of history and culture.

I currently work for a large video game company in the QA sector, though I rarely test these days. Most of my spare time is spent with my nerdy wife, geeking out over our shared passions, like Marvel movies, video games, history, culture, politics and, well, anything and everything really.

Fun fact: I don't sleep much, maybe 5 hours a night tops if I'm lucky. My body doesn't shut down until I've spent most of the evening drawing or reading. I'm not sure I'd want it to anyway.

That's about it! I'm sure that was a revelatory whirlwind of a read, so I'll leave you to meditate on it. See you round!

« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 06:27:17 AM by Illusive Pants »

Offline Rotkehlchen

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
  • In 23 we trust
Re: Hello there!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 11:02:59 AM »
Hello and welcome!

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 02:47:32 PM »
Welcome to TKC. I'm Lionheart; pleased to make my acquaintance. A gamer and a history buff... glad to find another one.
Set by Waterlady

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 01:58:59 AM »
Welcome to TKC:) I hope that you'll have fun here:)

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 02:03:04 AM »
Nice to meet ya, Jon!

And from your interests both you and your wife have, (with the exception of politics) I think we'll get along swimmingly. Also the fact that you work for a video game company is freaking awesome to me!

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Illusive Pants

• Round 1!
    • My Blog/Art Dump
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 06:34:35 AM »
Thanks for the welcome. =) Looking forward to hanging around and checking out the boards.

Offline 8lue Dra6on

• The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Blood is Red... Fire is Blue!
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2015, 09:40:27 AM »
I saw your name on ASN, as well and it is hard to miss! xD

I'm "The-Blue-Dragon-Lord" on there, but I hardly post that often... I'm Australian (there's suppose to be another Zhao The Moon Slayer Lunar Eclipse here, tonight). I'm also artist, but I'm quite lazy. xD I'll mostly do art of Azula, whenever I decide to.

Anyway, Welcome! :)
ALL HAIL THE BEAUTIFUL FIRE LORD AZULA!

DeviantArt - Tumblr - Twitter - My Thread

Offline Illusive Pants

• Round 1!
    • My Blog/Art Dump
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 09:58:54 AM »
Indeed, we'll be able to see the lunar eclipse as well, since Washington State is on the West coast. I'll be looking for it, if we're lucky enough to have clear enough skies at any rate.

And yep. I signed onto that board as well. I'm laying primarily low until I've seen the last two seasons of Korra to avoid spoilers. We promised some friends we'd watch a bunch of episodes a week at their place, so progress is slower than I'd like, but it gives me time to draw at least.

Offline 8lue Dra6on

• The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Blood is Red... Fire is Blue!
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 06:05:40 PM »
It was clear when it was happening. It was eclipsed at around 11PM. I forgot the exact time because I was playing Assassin's Creed, but I checked a few times. It's now clouded over, here in Melbourne.

I love the whole series, of course but I mostly post in Azula related topics on there. As you can tell by my art in my signature... She's my Fire Lord! xD
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:08:08 PM by 8lue Dra6on »
ALL HAIL THE BEAUTIFUL FIRE LORD AZULA!

DeviantArt - Tumblr - Twitter - My Thread

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 06:15:04 PM »
I'm sorry I didn't post here sooner, Illusive Pants.  Welcome!  Glad you're with us!

I completely agree with you about Avatar/Legend of Korra, and I really like your login name.  It's terrific. :D  Your art is first class, too.  I really need to comment more on those.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.