7 (77.8%)
Kataang/Makorra
1 (11.1%)
Zutara/Korrasami
0 (0%)
Zutara/Makorra
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Trends in Shipping?  (Read 978 times)

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
Trends in Shipping?
« on: March 25, 2015, 05:02:34 AM »
I found myself wondering if most people who shipped canon, are canon shippers and then I thought it would be really interesting to see whether there was a trend in shipping Kataang/Zutara and then going onto Korrasami/Makorra. I understand that by asking here, my data's likely to be biased (considering at lot of people are from KF) so I've also asked on tumblr, if you've replied on tumblr please don't reply here I want it to be as accurate as possible! :)

So, who do you ship?

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
Re: Trends in Shipping?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 10:33:11 AM »
Basically I am a huge stickler for healthy and mutually beneficial relationships that spark from good friendships. It's why I liked the idea of Bolin and Korra in the beginning and it's why I like Korrasami.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 06:23:37 PM »
Well, with the longshoremen on the U.S. West Coast coming to an agreement, things should start moving again goods-wise, but there should be a considerable backlog.  And from what I understand, China's economy is slowing down bit by bit, which'll probably affect how much gets produced and at what price.

Might make for opportunities elsewhere in Asia, though--and Hong Kong'll be the happy market-driven dragon it's always been, unless Beijing squelches it.

I'm kidding.  XD  I'm afraid I can't really say, though, Painted.  I shipped Kataang from the beginning for several reasons, and I was fine with Makorra when it came, and went, and I'm fine with Korrasami now; I wouldn't have minded Borra, either, but the story took a different turn.  None of the Korra ships are my favorite the way Kataang is and was.  I favor healthy, organic canon ships, relationships that occur naturally in the show and make sense.

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »
Kataang was my favorite ship in Avatar:the Last Airbender,and I shipped other ships like Tokka and Yuokka.My favorite Legend of Korra ships were Borra and Kainora:D I don't exactly ship Korrasami,though I did like a couple of their scenes together in the show and I do think that Asami is a better match for Korra than Mako.

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2015, 11:20:07 PM »
What if I like Kataang but neither Korrasami nor Makorra? I honestly don't care for any of ships involving Korra herself. Any option for that?

In fact I like both Kataang and Zutara, moreso Kataang but still. I'm a fan of Maiko as well.

For me it's not about what's canon or fanon, I pick whatever I feel has great potential and sometimes that's multiple ships for one person, sometimes it's none. If done well I absolutely love canon, if not you'll probably see me on the disappointed fanon side although that doesn't happen a ton. I was a fan of the idea of what Boleska could be, but in the end Bopal was by far the better ship. I preferred Tokka over Sukka. I'll admit even that the idea of Asami with Iroh intrigued me.

I liked LOK but at the end of the day I was never as invested in any of it's ships quite as much as I was with Kataang.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 04:32:42 AM »
Well, with the longshoremen on the U.S. West Coast coming to an agreement, things should start moving again goods-wise, but there should be a considerable backlog.  And from what I understand, China's economy is slowing down bit by bit, which'll probably affect how much gets produced and at what price.
Oh, Wulf! This took me way too long to get! Hahaha!

What if I like Kataang but neither Korrasami nor Makorra? I honestly don't care for any of ships involving Korra herself. Any option for that?
Yeah, I'm interested in that too. But for now I wanted to keep it as simple as possible! Maybe if I see some interesting trends - I'll extend it to more.
<< Post Merge: March 26, 2015, 04:32:57 AM >>

And thank you to everyone that has replied/voted!

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 05:37:15 AM »
I understand, I just don't want to vote myself since I don't really fit with any of the choices.

And you will see some interesting trends. I am an interesting trend I'd say. XD

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 06:47:19 PM »
Which begs the question "How is Fenix Trending?"  But that's for another topic.

Oh, Wulf! This took me way too long to get! Hahaha!

And I try, Painted.  :DD  I aim to please.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:50:09 PM »
That needs to be a topic and thread on here, seriously. XDD

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 10:07:00 PM »

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 10:26:16 PM »
And I couldn't be happier that you made it exist. 8D

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.