Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Happy Avatar Day!!  (Read 728 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Happy Avatar Day!!
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:12:10 PM »
It's the 10th anniversary of the day ATLA first aired and I guess this is what people are calling it.

Some people on Facebook were talking about the anniversary, where they were 10 years ago, and how it affected their lives. So I thought why not make a post so more can share just that.

I'm not feeling overly festive or nostalgic myself today, (longish story) so I'll save my thoughts for later, but anyone else is free to post in here and have a little fun!

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Waterbender16

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
Re: Happy Avatar Day!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 07:46:18 PM »
To be honest, I never discovered the magic and epicness of Avatar until a good friend recommended LOK about a year ago, and so I started watching ATLA as soon as I finished Book 2: Spirits.
It's been amazing living the adventure of Aang, Korra and all their friends.
I really miss the show...
Happy 10th Anniversary, Avatar!!

Offline Water Lily

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 137
  • ~Waterbender Lily~
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 08:20:12 PM »
Avatar has definitely changed my life in a positive way. I have rediscovered my love for writing and moved out of my turtle's shell to write fanfictions. I learned many lessons from the show. I can't imagine all the time I spent on fangirling for ATLA in any other way!! :D

~To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.~

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:12:30 AM »
I've been a fan of Avatar since the premiere with both "Boy in the Iceburg" and "The Avatar Returns".I may not have seen some of the episodes when they aired,but I really enjoyed watching it:D It was a cartoon masterpiece and I loved watching it:D

Despite that being said,what I love most about this series is not the show itself,but some of the by products that happened because it existed:D It lead me to amazing website full of friendly people:D As well as I as I found about fan art,which lead me to find a passion for drawing:D

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 03:07:47 AM »
Rewatching the show.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Noodles Aang Colbert

• Airbending Guru
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 136
  • Wonder what kind of cupcakes they like?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 03:09:24 AM »
I was actually home sick when episodes 1-4 were being run as a block on tv before episode 5 was aired.  It feels like such a long me ago. 

HONOR.
If you want my Facebook, Tumblr, or Twitter contact just ask! :D

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 04:56:52 AM »
I've been a fan of Avatar since the premiere with both "Boy in the Iceburg" and "The Avatar Returns".I may not have seen some of the episodes when they aired,but I really enjoyed watching it:D It was a cartoon masterpiece and I loved watching it:D

Despite that being said,what I love most about this series is not the show itself,but some of the by products that happened because it existed:D It lead me to amazing website full of friendly people:D As well as I as I found about fan art,which lead me to find a passion for drawing:D

This show and Korra changed my life,too! They taught me about Eastern philosophy and spirituality. They never made a Toph Beifong plushie to go with the others in Team Avatar,which led me to deviantART, which eventually led me to making my own version (Seluna made her face, as well as Korra's). I made the very 2nd Korra plushie on dA, and she was the first to have the correct details,too! :)

I have also made a Katara , Asami, Bolin, Mako....and am currently in the process of making Sokka, with Suki coming afterwards! ( Our own Carolinechan5 has been helping me with plushie faces after Seluna had to retire). :D
"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2015, 08:44:47 AM »
This came out when I was still in the 8th grade omg. It's been nearly 10 years since I was a freshman in high school wth?

I didn't watch this til like 2008, but it's still crazy thinking about how old it is now. ;A;

~Set by me~

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »
I feel old now, but so so grateful.

Offline kataang_is_love

• Airbending Guru
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 21
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2015, 04:08:45 AM »
I was 8.

I was bored and looking for something to watch and just so happened to stumble across The Siege of the North Part 1. I watched as Zuko melted ice by breathing out from his nose, and from that moment on, I was hooked.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.