Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: The Tale Of Tashi and Nima  (Read 1992 times)

Offline terrik_zion

• TKC Contributor
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 35
  • Seluna's Lieutenant
    • Terrik's DA
The Tale Of Tashi and Nima
« on: January 18, 2015, 03:25:23 AM »

We're super excited to finally reveal our comic, The Tale Of Tashi and Nima!

Check it out on the official website, http://www.tashiandnima.com and search for TashiAndNima on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, and DeviantArt!

We really hope you all enjoy this project, there's so much more to come!

Offline Seluna

• The Amon-istrator :|
  • Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 162
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
Re: The Tale Of Tashi and Nima
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 03:33:26 AM »
Guys, I am SO excited about this - it seems like we've been working on this story forever and here it is - finally on the web. ;_; <3

We have a lot of stuff planned! What terrik didn't mention was our giveaway - you can read about it here.

We'd really appreciate our TKC friends sharing the word if they can! It's a new comic so it's going to take time to reach others. Any re-blogs would really help! Thanks so much for all the support over the years - I really mean it. I hope you guys love it!

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2015, 04:27:41 AM »
I'm really liking it so far. The characters feel so human, which makes the inevitable all the more heartbreaking.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 06:16:08 AM »
The comic seems interesting so far:D

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Seluna

• Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 07:32:58 AM »
I'm really liking it so far. The characters feel so human, which makes the inevitable all the more heartbreaking.
Thanks so much! Always a pleasure to hear such things from another fellow writer who's opinion means a lot! :D
I'm really glad you say that about the humanity factor - it's the highest compliment a creator can receive! I am quite proud of them, too ... I must say. To date, I feel they are my strongest and realest characters yet.

This was definitely not an easy story to write for several reasons. The scope of the tragedy that lies before them is just ... I almost didn't want to put them through it. I still remember typing the script at various cafes, looking down at my bagel or muffin or mocha or whatever it was and just feeling like the most gigantic asshole ever because of it!

Anyhow, thanks for the encouragement. I am really loving be able to finally show this to all my buds! <3

Haha, awesome bb! I'm glad to hear it!
By the way, I saw your deviantart journal post about the comic and wanted to thank you! that was so incredibly nice of you to make a special journal and promote us like that! you are awesome! :D

Offline 8lue Dra6on

• The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Blood is Red... Fire is Blue!
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 01:57:58 PM »
I loved it and the page 6 was funny! xD

I also love how the prologue was done.
ALL HAIL THE BEAUTIFUL FIRE LORD AZULA!

DeviantArt - Tumblr - Twitter - My Thread

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 05:44:45 PM »
This is amazing! I'm a nobody in the fandom, but hopefully the reblogs on tumblr help!

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2015, 07:47:48 PM »

Haha, awesome bb! I'm glad to hear it!
By the way, I saw your deviantart journal post about the comic and wanted to thank you! that was so incredibly nice of you to make a special journal and promote us like that! you are awesome! :D
You're welcome Seluna:D Just wanted to help promote it:)

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2015, 09:45:23 PM »
Thanks so much! Always a pleasure to hear such things from another fellow writer who's opinion means a lot! :D
I'm really glad you say that about the humanity factor - it's the highest compliment a creator can receive! I am quite proud of them, too ... I must say. To date, I feel they are my strongest and realest characters yet.

This was definitely not an easy story to write for several reasons. The scope of the tragedy that lies before them is just ... I almost didn't want to put them through it. I still remember typing the script at various cafes, looking down at my bagel or muffin or mocha or whatever it was and just feeling like the most gigantic asshole ever because of it!

Anyhow, thanks for the encouragement. I am really loving be able to finally show this to all my buds! <3
I feel honored to hear you say that. <3

It's often incredibly easy to play up a tragedy to the point where it feels like we're staring at a bunch of caricatures. The thing you've captured here is brilliant, because right off the bat I got a real sense of normalcy. There is no sense of impending doom, or a feeling of dread while reading these pages. Everything feels natural and light and simple, but most importantly real. Almost immediately, we have people showing off, picking on each other, growing frustrated and jealous, the whole gamut of emotions that instantly create a connection to the people on the page. I feel like I know these people. That's really admirable because we tend to detach ourselves from characters we know aren't going to turn out okay, but for the sake of telling a good story, you seem to have pushed through that and that's a great route to take.

It's been four days since the last update, and I'm keen to read the rest.

This is amazing! I'm a nobody in the fandom, but hopefully the reblogs on tumblr help!
Every reblog helps. If at least one more person can find it, that's all it takes for dozens more to follow.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline bombalurima

• Lightningbender
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 117
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 03:50:01 AM »
Quote (selected)
There is no sense of impending doom, or a feeling of dread while reading these pages.

^^^ I agree, and I also agree that that makes it all the more powerful knowing what is coming. You worry about these kids and their mentors after these glimpses into their world. I really enjoyed the feel of what an Airbenders' time in the temples could have looked like--Aang's flashbacks in the series can clue us into this, but it's explored more here. It really helps set the scene for everything that is going to be lost :(

Anyway, I took time tonight to stop and read what you have so far, and I'm so impressed! The artwork is incredible--the one of the Northern Air temple was particularly eye-catching to me. I am already curious to know more. Keep up the excellent work!
"...and everybody saved everybody else at some point."

~beatles icons by astrobeatles at LJ

Offline terrik_zion

• TKC Contributor
  • Round 1!
  • Seluna's Lieutenant
    • Terrik's DA
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 08:28:54 AM »
Thank you for all the kind comments! We really appreciate that, more than you know. It's been almost a year of working in secret now, and it really makes it all feel like it was worth while. I'm especially glad to see that the tone we set feels natural, and without any sense of dread looming over our characters. Seluna really did have a hard time writing some of the upcoming scenes, (and felt like a super jerk doing it from the comfort of our own home with climate controls and hot coffee, hehe) but we feel that it will really capture the enormity of the coming chaos. We've had a really great response from the online community, and we are SO stoked to get more pieces online as soon as we can! Unfortunately, our day jobs are beckoning, so it's off to bed for now. We'll be right back at it tomorrow, working on the next page.

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2015, 02:24:26 PM »
Looks like a great start I'm interested (and slightly heartbroken of course) to see where this goes!

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 07:31:47 PM »
That had to be so hard, keeping it quiet from everybody.  I'm so glad to see this coming out.  The art is incomparable.

I hate to say "I look forward to the impending doom", but I am.  :D  I'm also wondering how much of it we're going to see and how it'll be portrayed, and I'm looking forward to that too.

Offline The Banished Prince

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 01:57:07 AM »
Liking everything up so far. Kudos to the both of you.

Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

Offline terrik_zion

• TKC Contributor
  • Round 1!
  • Seluna's Lieutenant
    • Terrik's DA
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2015, 02:04:47 AM »

http://tashiandnima.com/comic/chapter-1-page-12/

Page 12 is up, everyone! We tried really hard to get it up yesterday, but we both had long days and it just wasn't in the cards. A continued thank you to everyone who's commented and complimented our work, it's always awesome to hear the positive feedback. I think we're going to go eat dinner now... er, lunch...

Enjoy! We're going to keep 'em coming!

Offline Seluna

• Administrator
  • Knockout!
  • "Noatak-in' back!"
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 07:49:05 AM »
Fridays mean updates! Here's page 13, guys~

Come take a look if you'd like @ http://tashiandnima.com/comic/chapter-1-page-13/

It's been a crazy day. I spent all morning in urgent care after my throat closed up from an asthma attack and bronchitis. 'Tis the season. Blech. Anyhow, at least the comic is up early and on time. Now for some sleep and recuperation. Hope you all enjoy! :)

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 08:25:13 AM »
I like that Tashi's not a total brat! But actually a really chill kid. He actually respects Nima enough to stand up for him when he isn't around, probably in spite of knowing how jealous and passive aggressive Nima is towards him. It'd be easy to make them both dislike each other right off the bat, but this unbalanced sort of respect works well.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 07:24:22 PM »
I like that Tashi seems to be standing up for Nima:)

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2015, 11:16:07 PM »
What does Tashi care?  Oh, you're going to hear about how, pal.  :D  And this is a little obscure (for me), but I got a kick out of the part about "trying not to laugh in front of Aku", given that our wonderful friend Mako voiced the evil Aku in Samurai Jack.

Offline terrik_zion

• TKC Contributor
  • Round 1!
  • Seluna's Lieutenant
    • Terrik's DA
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2015, 06:04:14 AM »

:D

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.