Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: STEVEN UNIVERSE! :D  (Read 14863 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: STEVEN UNIVERSE! :D
« Reply #240 on: January 04, 2017, 03:05:02 AM »
Of course I saw it, "OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH" was my first reaction.

Major spoilers for the leaked episodes. (click to show/hide)And that was quite the Steven Bomb we got, probably the biggest one yet.

I agree, I really really like Blue Diamond so far, the voice, the design, her face, her hair. She's lovely and surprisingly gentle. They put her in a somewhat more sympathetic light then Yellow Diamond. Speaking of YD, that song of hers was seriously something. Wasn't expecting a song from her.

And I can't help but mention the human zoo, the rubies still floating in space, all the Amethysts and Jaspers who were the coolest, Greg getting kidnapped, etc. There was so much that went on these 5 episodes, I'm still processing it all. I still can't believe how much we got revealed this time around.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline bombalurima

• Lightningbender
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 117
« Reply #241 on: January 04, 2017, 03:10:29 AM »
(click to show/hide)I like the Diamonds, full-stop...Yellow is harsh, but I also thinks she cares about Blue. She asks her "is that what you want?" when Blue worries about not being able to preserve human lives in time, she's very "tough love" but I think it's there. And honestly, they have Patti Lupone as YD--there's no way they were going to let it go, she had to sing!

It was so overwhelming--the human zoo is weird. Like...these people have just been there for that long (I mean, their descendants, but whatever). ?? I hope that's not the last we've seen of that messed-up little concept.
"...and everybody saved everybody else at some point."

~beatles icons by astrobeatles at LJ

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #242 on: January 04, 2017, 03:51:26 AM »
(click to show/hide)The Diamonds are super interesting, I agree. They got some messed up ideas on how to run Homeworld, but they're not just any cliche villains, they got a lot of dimensions to them with the small stuff we've seen so far. And yeah, I was totally expecting some YD singing, just didn't think it'd be any time soon.

The Zoo is an interesting concept. I mean kidnapping humans and keeping them incarcerated for thousands of years is the definition of messed up, especially since they didn't get the chance to learn, grow, and be independent like humans of earth have done naturally. But besides that they're treated really well, the zoo itself is like a paradise. That really shows us the complexity of the Diamonds.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #243 on: January 04, 2017, 06:39:20 PM »
I saw pictures on tumblr.  I'm trying my hardest to not follow where they lead.  :D  But I do like the look of them.

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #244 on: January 05, 2017, 08:07:14 PM »
Oh god. I'm trying to wait but it's soooo hard. I saw ONE gifset on tumblr before I remembered that I needed to blacklist "su spoilers" but that just made me want context for it. XD

the doctor is out...

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #245 on: January 05, 2017, 11:01:25 PM »
I haven't reblogged anything from the new episodes so it definitely wasn't my fault luckily.

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
« Reply #246 on: January 31, 2017, 07:44:44 PM »
Well, now I guess we know why Blue Diamond was so anxious to know the future when she was sitting there in her own palanquin, thousands of years ago.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #247 on: February 01, 2017, 01:36:16 AM »
Wait, how does this answer why she was anxious?

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
« Reply #248 on: February 23, 2017, 07:16:39 PM »
My thinking is that when we first saw Blue Diamond, she was in her palanquin years and years ago, wanting to know exactly what the future was when the Crystal Gems were about to attack; here, we see Blue Diamond mourning before what I would bet is the palanquin of Pink Diamond, making me think that Pink Diamond was shattered either in or near her palanquin right where Blue Diamond is now.  I think Blue Diamond wanted to know if she would be safe in her palanquin years ago, among other things.
-----
Last Friday's episode felt a bit like Harry Potter talking to Dumbledore's portrait in the Headmaster's office to me.

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #249 on: February 24, 2017, 02:37:15 AM »
THat last episode left me with so many feels.. I was crying basically the whole time.

Offline wherewulf

• Knockout!
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2017, 06:09:58 PM »
I wonder where the heck White Diamond is.

I also wonder if that blue Zircon is onto something regarding Yellow Diamond.

For that matter, didn't that Eyeball Ruby say that she was there when Pink Diamond was shattered?  I'm missing something; if Eyeball said she was there when Pink was shattered, why is there any confusion about how things happened?  Couldn't they ask her?

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.