Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: STEVEN UNIVERSE! :D  (Read 14786 times)

Online wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
Re: STEVEN UNIVERSE! :D
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 06:10:03 PM »
Thanks, Water, bearboy.  :D

Mm.  Gonna have to take a raincheck on getting started.  They may frown on me watching that here at work.  XD

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 06:14:02 PM »
I actually recommend this site

http://theworldofstevenuniverse.blogspot.com/p/steven-universe-season-1-english.html

It has lots of bonuses in them that you can explore.

Also I made another crazy thing.

http://sueanoi.tumblr.com/post/119456180205/i-misread-pearlnaldo-as-pearlnado-and-i-have

(Yes, the hiatus is breaking my mind.)

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Online wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 06:16:21 PM »
I'll try to keep coming back here asking about things, if that helps.  :D  And thanks, Tiger!

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 08:58:58 PM »
Sadly, I haven't been watching this show lately. :( Shame on me. Yes-yes.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2015, 04:38:47 AM »
Okay, I finally caught up with the show. I actually thought I had watched most of them a couple weeks back but yeesh, there were tons I still hadn't seen.  Anyways, I really gotta talk about it a little, cuz WOW.

I was not expecting this much depth from an 11 minute cartoon. I mean I knew the show had the potential for some depth, but I was only halfway before I stopped watching the show so as I was watching all the episodes I missed I was incredibly surprised.

Most 11 minute cartoons are episodic, and I expected the same from Steven Universe being that it comes from Rebecca Sugar who worked on Adventure Time. So I thought it would be mostly filler with continuity sprinkled in here and there. But nope, I was totally wrong. It has a tremendous amount of continuity with only a little filler. I noticed as I only caught a few episodes on Demand that a lot of the times I felt lost. It's on Avatar and Gravity Falls levels of continuity.

And thanks to the continuity we have a load of world-building, plot progression, backstory, and character development. I was blown away by all that. This show is amazing. The characters are all fantastic with a ton of characterization, there's a lot of heart, it even teaches some good lessons. I can't explain just how good this show is, so you'll just have to trust me that it is. I think a lot of Avatar fans would like this series.

Oh and I said I loved the show before, well that was nothing compared to how I feel about the show now. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed just yet, but I'm certainly around that area. I also said I was starting to like it more than Adventure Time. I officially think this show is so much better than AT. It's accomplished things I wished AT would focus on but never has.

Also I think Lapis Lazuli might be my favorite Gem. I just love her design, voice, powers, and personality. She goes through all this crap which is a shame cuz she seems really nice. I want a sig/icon set of her so badly.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:45:48 AM by Fenix »

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
    • My DA
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2015, 08:02:51 PM »
Welcome to the fandom of.....

Welcome to the depth, Fenix. I welcome you with open arms. Yes, I'm in deep. Very deep. I cry and I sing and I cry about this cartoon all day long, and proceed to to it in dreams too.

Correction, there is no filler episode. Matt Burnett said so. Even the ones that seems to add little to the story at the time will introduce something to the world building. (But personally, I'm quite uncertain what "Garnet's Universe" do...Seems like a filler to me)

I highly recommend this series to those who haven't given it a chance yet. A cartoon with good back story, character developments, world buildings, music and songs. Seriously, the musics are like the core of the whole series. Every character has a music theme and dance style. (Dances are important) Fusions seem like a cool power at first glance, but ended up a very important theme of the show. There are story arcs dedicated to fusions and its implications. And the story is full of love. Everybody loves Steven. And Steven loves everyone, just like his late mother.

also, there are lesbians.

have I said too much?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 08:04:59 PM by Tiger »

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 05:44:50 AM »
Just something that came out of nowhere
which is a Steven Universe OC down below
with no description and name.

(click to show/hide)

I made it few days ago. :3

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 09:08:38 PM »
Thanks, Tiger!! Glad to be part of show I'm sure is gonna be such an influence for future tv shows. The fandom's pretty cool too, although a little strange. Especially the shippers and I'm not much of a shipper in SU I guess. Although I adore Steven/Connie. I even liked Ruby/Sapphire, I thought I wouldn't care for them because I'm not a slash fan, but I found their relationship really adorable and they combine into awesome Garnet. Heck I sorta ship Lars/Sadie too.

Yeah, I'd say Garnet's Universe is filler. Can't think of a thing that felt relevant. Oh and Say Uncle cuz it was an April Fool's prank and non-canon. Say Uncle was plain weird, but actually pretty dang funny. I still hate Uncle Grandpa though, but the Crystal Gems were hilarious and I liked the end reference to other CN shows.

Also I pretty much love all the characters, they've developed them all really well. Pearl wasn't a favorite of mine at first but she really grew on me and is now a favorite. I don't like Onion much, he kinda disturbs and creeps me out. Ronaldo isn't a fave either but I liked him in Horror Club at least.

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2015, 12:06:31 AM »
YASSSSSSSSSSSS welcome aboard fenix 8D

New eps are back starting today, BTW. Hopefully they'll be back to weekly airings on Thursdays for awhile

the doctor is out...

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2015, 12:39:46 AM »
Yeah someone I followed just posted a link of the episode, Nightmare Hospital. Haven't watched it yet though. And I'm almost sure it will be weekly, if you go on the wikis you can see a ton of episodes in store for the rest of the season.

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2015, 02:01:20 PM »
I never knew we had an SU thread - yay! I love it, my little brother and I watch it together which is nice.

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
    • My DA
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2015, 06:25:50 PM »
The gem race is a sexless one-gendered race. There are bound to be slash, if you can even call it slash. Honestly, I'm not a fannon shipper myself. I only ship if there is canon material suggesting that it's real.

I'm a Pearl/Rose shipper trash before it was cool. I ship it hard a few days after I finished Rose's Scabbard. And someone posted Deedee Macnohall's "I would be so pleased". Deedee is Pearl's voice actor btw.
Then I ship it even harder after Story for Steven.  Then, We Need to Talk (And this is where the fandom exploded)

And then I found out that Rebecca Sugar herself uploaded this video of Deedee singing Through The Fire. I'm not sure when she did, but there sure is a meaning behind this...... of course. I'm looking at this through Pearl/Rose lens.

It's also confirmed that at least Pearl's feeling to Rose is canonically romantic by the crewniverse (That's what the creators call themselves), so my canon sense is still intact. ( I thought my canon sense was broken before Korrasami was confirmed too.... turned out it's intact)

I mildly ship Rupphire. Not a hardcore shipper there. But you have to admit, there is just no way these two aren't in a romantic relationship. and Garnet sang a whole song about it. Also confirmed by the crewniverse.

As for fannon ships, I like PearlNet, even though I know that it's not gonna happen because "Three is a crowd". But still, That dance.

That dance tho.

The soundtrack is also called "Enticement". I'm just gonna leave that info there.

As for Steven and Connie, I'm sure the series is going to the love interest direction. But I'm enjoying their childhood friendship for now. I ship it.  but not as young as they are.

Whoops. I spent my sleep time to type this.

Eh let's talk about Nightmare Hospital for a bit.

It's interesting that Connie has stated that her eyes have been healed for almost a year, and in real world time, it's been almost a year since An Indirect Kiss aired.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 06:28:36 PM by Tiger »

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2015, 01:57:21 PM »
Yeah, it's interesting to note that they mentioned a time frame. I wasn't sure as a show they were going to give the narrative a time frame, as they usually don't with children's shows. However, I personally have noticed huge character growth for Steven and attribute this not just to his experiences but him turning from a child into a more pre-teen sort of phase. Anyone have any thoughts on to how old he actually is?

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
    • My DA
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2015, 03:14:59 PM »
The Crewniverse said his age is a spoiler. So, it's probably an unexpected number. Either he's younger than he looks or older. I'm guessing younger.

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2015, 06:20:29 AM »
Sadie's song! Hahahaha! I certainly didn't expect that - I should've though!

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
    • My DA
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2015, 08:55:36 AM »
It's such a Steven thing to do. Honestly. I'm pleasantly surprised.

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Knockout!
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2015, 10:39:43 PM »
catch and release spoilers (click to show/hide)OH MY GOD

PERIDOT

SHE SMOL <333

the doctor is out...

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2015, 06:23:22 AM »
(click to show/hide)I KNOW she's so teeny and she's living with the gems???? hahahahaha literally could not have asked fo rmore from this episode so much happened

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Knockout!
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2015, 12:39:27 PM »
(click to show/hide)TINY BABY

the doctor is out...

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
    • My DA
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2015, 05:57:21 PM »
Catch and Release

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I can"T EVEN

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.