Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: What's Your Art Style and What Program Do You Use?  (Read 512 times)

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
What's Your Art Style and What Program Do You Use?
« on: December 22, 2014, 01:09:37 AM »
I use my iPhone and Paint on my computer. Nothing else. I envy those who are artistic or talented and know how to get by with doing art with their creative hands and also expressing themselves through art but then again I don't really like Paint on my computer but taking photos I do like it yet but it doesn't have good quality but it's sure better then nothing. I write on Note Pad. I guess I'm an okay writer. ^^ I wish I had the motivation from people and some fandom to write or just in general. :/ If yes, I go the nearest library and write there and make a story. ^^

Offline Black Box

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 1
Re: What's Your Art Style and What Program Do You Use?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 01:22:32 AM »
Hi  there fellow TKC,
I would love to see your story or animation. We all here appreciate something new. So i would suggest you to go to your library, grab some papers and pencil & get down to business.
I use notepad to write something and for animation (such as gif) and art i use Photoshop or coral.Although i have never used this skill for some fandom work. But i am not really good with drawing either.  Maybe in near future you would like to develop your skills for art and i would suggest you to go for it.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 01:24:19 AM by Black Box »

Offline Die.Toets

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 06:05:22 PM »
I decided not to go to the library, my dad thought it sounded silly, so I write my stuff early in the morning peace and quiet and well finish when I can in my room and I already wrote 2 stories so far and 1 is a fanfic. ^^

Offline 8lue Dra6on

• The-Blue-Dragon-Lord
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 7
  • Blood is Red... Fire is Blue!
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 03:15:02 PM »
I use Photoshop CS5, but I use to use GIMP2.6.

I still use it at times, but I finally got use to CS5. I've been using it more since I was working on my the background of my Ty Lee art. http://thekorraconnection.com/index.php?topic=3628.0 I was happy with how the landscape came out and some of the brushes on CS5 were better than GIMP's.

It's hard to draw without references though. I'm not good without them, but I know how to shade and colour. I use the paths too on CS5 to do the line art. I don't have a tablet, so I have to use the mouse which is impossible for free hand. I haven't drawn on paper in years, but I kind of hate it. The paper gets all skewed and dirty from rubbing out mistakes. At least mistakes on digital art can corrected without ruining the paper/canvas. 

As you can see with my Azula in the signature, that's become my style. I also edit real textures to blend in. The lightning, I found while looking on Google. The fire was something I drew myself with basic colours. I experimented with many layers and modes to get that effect. I also used real fire pictures to get that metallic gold effect by changing layer modes.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:20:57 PM by The-Blue-Dragon-Lord »
ALL HAIL THE BEAUTIFUL FIRE LORD AZULA!

DeviantArt - Tumblr - Twitter - My Thread

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 10:59:30 AM »
I use Paint Tool Sai mostly, but also Photoshop and Corel Painter sometimes. I have also recently learned to use Illustrator, but I don't think I'd use that for big projects, just small simple designs and such.

I use a Bamboo Create tablet that I got 4 years ago, and my uni just got a ton of cintiqs, so I've been using those for school work and they're so amazing! @-@ I remember the days when I used to ink and color my art with the mouse pad on my laptop omg it was horrible xD The tablet was one of the best xmas gifts I have ever gotten.

I used to draw traditionally all the time before I moved to digital, but I still try to draw traditionally in my sketchbook as often as I can x3

~Set by me~

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2014, 05:38:23 PM »
I draw traditional art most of the time when I draw using copics,colored pencils and crayons.Though I have tried to draw digital art a couple of times using Paint.

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.