Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 413 - The Last Stand  (Read 7241 times)

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Re: 413 - The Last Stand
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2014, 04:48:22 AM »
If I get to that point with a woman, I'm proposing that way. She'll have to understand my Avatar, gaming, Harry Potter, and Star Wars references for things to work.
I'm glad I taped the thing (yes, I did use my VCR to tape it) so I can have another look at it, because I need another look.  It just... geez.

Time to get you to the old folks home, gramps :D
Set by Waterlady

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2014, 04:55:11 AM »
Oh, :P  XD  What's the matter with using old tech if it still works?

Call it tradition, besides.  I did the same thing with the ATLA Finale, six years ago.

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 25
    • Sage's Twitter
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2014, 05:44:34 AM »
Personally, I'm pretty happy with the finale. And it's making me want to watch A:TLA again. I haven't watched that show in a good while...
I still think that I like A:TLA better, but that's not to say that Korra was a bad show.

A:TLA Keeps:
Aang's Confession of Love in "The Guru"
Aang's Imaginary Wind-Sword in "Sokka's Master"
Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Adult!Aang's Handsomeness
Jinora's Personality
Lin's Epic Way of Getting Dressed

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2014, 05:50:58 AM »
I actually intend to rewatch ATLA this weekend, and maybe catch up on Korra here in a few weekends. So you're not alone in that~

Offline Nadeshani

• Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 80
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2014, 01:51:05 PM »
Imo it didn't neccesarily mean anything romantic. Ohwait that look though.

But seriously i don't really care because the friendship that they have would already be enough for me. I know how it feels. I always feel so complete whenever i experience things with my best friend. It's really the only time i'm completely sure of what i'm doing and feel...just right.

But having said that i would totally be on board because korrasami is really the only ship that makes sense to me.
That's probably a bit of a regional thing. Different cultures around the globe, and even in different countries only miles apart, have different levels of intimacy that are expected from certain relationships.

That final shot, in America, is definitely romantic in tone.

Plus the fact that they played five notes from the Avatar's Love theme during that shot kind of made it definitive to me. That was the Kataang Theme, man.

Hmmmmaybe but a guyfriend also picked up on romantic vibes between them so maybe it's just me, since i'm unofficially married to my best friend and hand-holding and meaningful looks are no biggie to us. xD

<< Post Merge: December 20, 2014, 01:58:29 PM >>

Oh, :P  XD  What's the matter with using old tech if it still works?

Call it tradition, besides.  I did the same thing with the ATLA Finale, six years ago.

And hey! I have my old VCR too. To force my nephew into watching all of my Disney videotapes.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 01:58:29 PM by Nadeshani »

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
    • My FF.net
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2014, 03:08:07 PM »
Nade, finding excuses to call Remus "old" is something I've been doing since 2008. Sort of a running joke.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2014, 03:22:10 PM »
Nade, finding excuses to call Remus "old" is something I've been doing since 2008. Sort of a running joke.
It's a national pastime at this point.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
    • Sage's Twitter
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2014, 05:28:58 PM »
I'm okay with the ending being interpreted either way. I did have my ships with The Legend of Korra, but I never found myself shipping Korra with anyone. So I'm okay with the ending being either two best friends heading on a Spirit roadtrip together, or two lovers doing the same thing.

Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Jinora's Personality

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »
So I showed my dad the last several minutes of the last episode (from the wedding to the end). When he saw the part with Korra and Asami, he's like "I don't really see how they get 'gay' from that. I mean, it could be, but I don't really see it." I understand where he's getting from.

Before, he told me that he wasn't crazy about how they ended with Korra getting together with Asami. I'm like "You haven't even SEEN the episode. You don't know how they did it" so I showed him and he's not sure. I think all my brother told him was that Korra and Asami got together in the end. Before showing the episode to him, I told him that it was kinda ambiguous that they got together. He agreed

And he thought some parts of the wedding was funny. With Bolin saying something about the relationship being a longshot, and when Varrick cried at the end. :P

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 15
  • Ultimate Firebender
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2014, 11:42:06 PM »
I'm going to re-watch the last two episodes to be sure because the ending was so freaking fast.

Edit: So yeah... A friend of mine won't support the show financially because of the "implied" Korrasami at the end. He's a bible thumper, so I'm not surprised one bit. *Sigh*
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:27:32 AM by ignite444 »

Offline Nadeshani

• Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 80
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »
Ugh people...

Offline Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
    • My FF.net
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2014, 12:40:48 PM »
Somebody on FB commented that women are generally more physically affectionate with their female friends than men. But yeah, the way they looked at each other, the parallels to the Avatar finale... this was not a bestie moment.
Set by Waterlady

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Ultimate Firebender
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »
We've seen Korra and Asami together as just friends in the early parts of season 3. Never did they hold hands or look at each other like they did at the finale, so yeah...

Also, I'm REALLY hoping they continue the series in comic form.

Offline Water Lily

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 137
  • ~Waterbender Lily~
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2014, 06:48:35 PM »
I...I don't know.

The finale was really nice but the ending... I did not see that coming. It is the boldest step the creators took in the entire series. It's actually positive in my opinion that creators are willing to put out the positive message regarding LGBT couples. I don't know how the conservatives in the audience would react to it, though. I honestly thought Korra and Asami were friends until they played the Kataang Theme in the background and drowned me in feels of all sorts *shrugs*

Anyhow, it was a beautifully executed storyline. If only the budget issues didn't hinder the plot :/

~To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.~

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Ultimate Firebender
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2014, 06:53:08 PM »
Honestly, I think Bryke had it up to here with Nick, so they said "eff it", and thus the ending. XD

Plus I don't think ANY guy was right for Korra or Asami throughout the series. Mako? Eh, I never supported him with either of the girls. Bolin? Eventually got taken by Opal. Other than them, there were no other guys their age. Wu is a big hell no, even though he matured over the season.

So the logical conclusion? Let's put the two girls together! XD I kind of pegged Korra to be Bi from the start though, I dunno why, I just did.

The right wing conservatives can shove it up their butt. They have no right doing what they're doing to the LGBT community anyway. >.>
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 06:58:35 PM by ignite444 »

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2014, 07:24:40 PM »
Somebody on FB commented that women are generally more physically affectionate with their female friends than men. But yeah, the way they looked at each other, the parallels to the Avatar finale... this was not a bestie moment.
That's true that women are more affectionate with each other, but yeah, that look. That's how I look at my boyfriend.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Light-Eco-Sage

• Addicted To Kataang!
  • Round 1!
    • Sage's Twitter
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2014, 08:38:32 PM »
I've started to lean towards the ending being Korra-and-Asami-are-more-than-friends ever since I started to think about it.
Since I watched pretty much the whole season in the last two weeks, I clearly remember the beginning. And one thing that I thought of was that when Korra was in the Southern Water Tribe healing, Asami was the only person that she wrote back to. She specifically did not write to Mako or Bolin, but she did write to Asami.

But, like I said, I never shipped Korra with anyone, so I'm okay with it either way.

Aang's Chakras
Aang's Scars
Kataang Sexytimes
TLoK Keeps
Jinora's Personality

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2014, 09:00:06 PM »
That's true that women are more affectionate with each other, but yeah, that look. That's how I look at my boyfriend.

That's how i look at my girl friend.

This was Shared on the Korrasami thread, and it's super condusive to why the endign was not really ambiguous due to Staging.

http://heartlighting.tumblr.com/post/105606009782/final-bows-or-korrasami-is-canon-because

it's a logn read but it's SO GOOD

Offline Rotkehlchen

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
  • In 23 we trust
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2014, 10:21:53 PM »
Korra is over.

It was a great final, outstanding and I tend to say, from all season finals, it was the best one. But there are still a few things that bother me.

First of all, the inconsequence of the giant robot. The ROF is somewhere between 2 and 30 seconds, the damage reaches from a single house to an entire district. They throw a house at him and he is back one feet in seconds, but ice can stun him.
A lot of destruction. They really are some strong benders if they can move an entire house so fast just by earthbending (and again a question which comes up in every other show/film/etc. : Who has to pay for this? They mess up the whole city and even if they dont want to rebuild it: They destroyed other peoples property.)

Asamis father appears and dies. How sad! It feels like they brought him back just to set up the Korra-Asami-relationship in the end. Everything else he did could have been done by others.

The spirit-weapon situation was so set up, but hey, it was for the plot. Korra saving Kuvira and  bringing her to reason was short and generic as an action, but the result! A new spirit portal. When it comes to the spirit-human-connection, Korra changed more than any avatar before. Maybe she changed more in general than any avatar before.

And then it comes to the end. Zhu Li and Varrick marriage (a pretty slack relationship when it comes to development during the show IMO), Bolin and Opal, Prince Wu (Why him? Why not the Bei Fongs?), Mako, Tenzin,...Most things get clarified. And then comes Asami.

Everywhere I look, people seem to reduce the entire final to this few moments. Which is pretty sad, because the rest goes down under the Korrasami thing. Shipping seems to be an important part of this fandom (at least this forum). While I'm not a shipper, I guess I can't completely understand how significant this is for you but I think I understand the basics.
My opinion: Ok, why not. It says so much and nothing at the same time. As I said in the Korrasami-Thread, you can see it both ways. Bryke is pointing in a direction, but there is still enough space for own interpretation.
With that in mind, this ending makes EVERY sequel impossible because they had to clarify if Korra and Asami are in a love relationship or just friends.

It was an exciting journey and here it ends. It was the best show I've ever seen.

Thank you, Korra.

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Ultimate Firebender
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2014, 10:34:16 PM »
Well of course people focus on the ending bit the most, people want to see the main character happy and get the love of their life. It was the same thing with the ending of ATLA. People talked on and on about the kiss and the Kataang and the everything. It eventually died down and people started talking about the rest of the finale, which will happen here as well, it just takes time.

Keep in mind, shippers love to watch shows to see their characters end up together, so that's what they will tend to talk about for some time before it slowly dies down into the rest of the episode or episodes.

They COULD make comics, but not sell them under Nickelodeon. And to be honest, they shouldn't because Nick screwed them over big time, this finale proving that.

They of course could always go the online comic route which would be fine with me.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.