Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 413 - The Last Stand  (Read 7240 times)

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 15
  • Ultimate Firebender
Re: 413 - The Last Stand
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 07:57:49 PM »
I only saw a clip on someone's channel of the show with the scene in it. XD

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 09:36:51 PM »
watching tumblr explode like

but yeah this whole thing was awesome
 - Loved how korra dealt with Kuvira, saving her and then talking to her and really getting on her level to understand and reason with her. excellent. korra has grown up so much. <3
 - The wedding was beautiful and funny. <3 Varrick and Zhu Li are so cute
 - Freaking TAHNO playing the trombone XD
 - korra's scene with tenzin was wonderful too.
 - and of course, dat Korrasami. Bryke handled that ending really well and it's obvious they're meant to be seen as a couple with the blatant parallels to the A:TLA ending (minus the kiss, of course). I didn't really have a major ship for Korra anymore after it was obvious that Borra would never happen xD but this was really nice to see. A+ good job bryke <333

the doctor is out...

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2014, 10:00:56 PM »
Tahno on trombone was arguably the greatest thing ever to happen ever.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2014, 10:25:08 PM »
This was a good episode:D Lin and Su taking down the canon ad Bolin an Mako taking out the power sure was interesting to watch:) Also,Varrick's and Zhu Li's wedding was a beautiful and nice scene to watch:)

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2014, 10:36:09 PM »

This was on tumblr

http://aspiring-hermit.tumblr.com/post/105595676364/i-did-this-right-didnt-i

Oh man. Hahaha!

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Ultimate Firebender
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2014, 10:38:12 PM »

This was on tumblr

http://aspiring-hermit.tumblr.com/post/105595676364/i-did-this-right-didnt-i

Oh man. Hahaha!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That's pure genius! XD

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2014, 10:55:29 PM »
LOL!! That's awesome XD

the doctor is out...

Offline Nadeshani

• Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 80
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2014, 02:40:09 AM »
Imo it didn't neccesarily mean anything romantic. Ohwait that look though.

But seriously i don't really care because the friendship that they have would already be enough for me. I know how it feels. I always feel so complete whenever i experience things with my best friend. It's really the only time i'm completely sure of what i'm doing and feel...just right.

But having said that i would totally be on board because korrasami is really the only ship that makes sense to me.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2014, 02:47:22 AM »
Imo it didn't neccesarily mean anything romantic. Ohwait that look though.

But seriously i don't really care because the friendship that they have would already be enough for me. I know how it feels. I always feel so complete whenever i experience things with my best friend. It's really the only time i'm completely sure of what i'm doing and feel...just right.

But having said that i would totally be on board because korrasami is really the only ship that makes sense to me.
That's probably a bit of a regional thing. Different cultures around the globe, and even in different countries only miles apart, have different levels of intimacy that are expected from certain relationships.

That final shot, in America, is definitely romantic in tone.

Plus the fact that they played five notes from the Avatar's Love theme during that shot kind of made it definitive to me. That was the Kataang Theme, man.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 02:49:36 AM by Av »
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Ultimate Firebender
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2014, 02:56:36 AM »
I also want you guys to note that Korra and Asami have NEVER held hands, even when they were just friends, throughout the rest of the show.

As a matter of fact, this Team Avatar, unlike the Team Avatar in ATLA, rarely even showed affection towards one another I've noticed. In ATLA, Aang, Katara, Sokka, Toph, and even Zuko were all touchy touchy as friends.

So the fact that Korra and Asami were holding hands is kind of significant if you look at it this way.

But on a non-romantic note, did they have to kill off Asami's father? That was cruel as all heck. That was a miserable way to go! Makes Kuvira a murderer as well.

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2014, 03:18:08 AM »
I'm going to not talk about Korrasami, because the finale in general left me really confused. No, I haven't caught up, but there were things in the finale alone that threw me off. :/

It was... paced really weird. Is that a problem with the entire show, and did I likely notice it more because this was my first set of episodes in a while?

Why did Bataar Jr. and Kuvira not talk? I kinda figured that would be important, seeing how her shooting the lazer and him being there was a major thing, too. He apologized to his mom, but I feel like he didn't get much closure. Even a simple line of "I don't want to be around when you capture her, I cannot bear to see her" would make me feel better, because I would have known he chose not to be around. Unless I missed that?

Mr. Sato's death also felt very rushed, like... Part of me understands that it was to cut the metal, but another part of me is like... it was edited weird, the slow motion was weird, the eerie fast movement of the robot thing was weird. IDK.
Also, yeah, they addressed it but it was so tiny I could have shook my head and missed it.

Does Korra have a connection to all her past lives again, or is it just Ravaa now? That's a legitimate question because I'm really not sure of that because I haven't caught up.

*ponder ponder*

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Ultimate Firebender
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2014, 03:23:31 AM »
They had 13 episodes to work with this season, not enough time to flesh out everything. If they continue in the comics, I'm pretty sure a lot of this stuff will be explained or expanded upon like it needs to be. I'm positive they would have loved to have had more time and more episodes to work with, but I bet this was Nick's fault.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2014, 03:27:33 AM »
But on a non-romantic note, did they have to kill off Asami's father? That was cruel as all heck. That was a miserable way to go! Makes Kuvira a murderer as well.
Well, Kurvia likely murdered at least five people in cold blood in a previous episode during the scene where the mech was revealed and she blew up that watchtower.

Why did Bataar Jr. and Kuvira not talk? I kinda figured that would be important, seeing how her shooting the lazer and him being there was a major thing, too. He apologized to his mom, but I feel like he didn't get much closure. Even a simple line of "I don't want to be around when you capture her, I cannot bear to see her" would make me feel better, because I would have known he chose not to be around. Unless I missed that?
I think it was more that he was injured and couldn't move very well as to why he wasn't there.

Does Korra have a connection to all her past lives again, or is it just Ravaa now? That's a legitimate question because I'm really not sure of that because I haven't caught up.
It's just Raava now.

It was... paced really weird. Is that a problem with the entire show, and did I likely notice it more because this was my first set of episodes in a while?
Nick cut their budget by an entire episode's worth, so they either had to turn that episode into a clipshow or fire a significant portion of their staff. They did the former, meaning there was one less episode to flesh out the story with. That'd probably explain the pacing being a bit off.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline ignite444

• Azula's Rage
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 1!
  • Ultimate Firebender
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2014, 03:32:31 AM »
They cut their budget of an entire episode? What a bunch of douches, seriously. It's THEIR fault Korra did so badly! They should have been advertising the show a month or two in advance to get the audience they wanted! Punishing Bryke for their own stupid mistake, goes to show you how Nick operates. >.>

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
    • DA
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2014, 03:38:12 AM »
And I get that it had fewer episodes, and maybe I'll let this finale slide because of their budget cuts...
But I remember that pacing problems were things I had issues with since the first season, and it's upsetting that these weren't improved upon.

The general consensus is that if you don't have time to flesh out an aspect of the story, it may not be important enough to keep in. You substitute minor things for development of more major things.

For example, I would have loved to see Bolin more, because he seems to get the short end of the stick a lot. He's supposed to be an important character, but his role is not that large. Something small - like the only example I can think of is the moment in the train station with that large group that kinda dragged - could have been shortened or taken out to give him just a few lines of development. Or used that time for Bataar Jr. Or another character that's at the forefront.

That's what I mean. There are things in THESE 22-44 minutes that could have been used to it's full potential. And it just... suffered because of it.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2014, 03:49:16 AM »
And I get that it had fewer episodes, and maybe I'll let this finale slide because of their budget cuts...
But I remember that pacing problems were things I had issues with since the first season, and it's upsetting that these weren't improved upon.

The general consensus is that if you don't have time to flesh out an aspect of the story, it may not be important enough to keep in. You substitute minor things for development of more major things.

For example, I would have loved to see Bolin more, because he seems to get the short end of the stick a lot. He's supposed to be an important character, but his role is not that large. Something small - like the only example I can think of is the moment in the train station with that large group that kinda dragged - could have been shortened or taken out to give him just a few lines of development. Or used that time for Bataar Jr. Or another character that's at the forefront.

That's what I mean. There are things in THESE 22-44 minutes that could have been used to it's full potential. And it just... suffered because of it.
Those were most likely kept in for comic relief between the desolation and destruction, but I see exactly what you're saying in that regard. There was an extra bit of focus on Prince Wu that was mainly there to finish off his arc, but the earlier establishing scenes of them waiting could have been trimmed.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2014, 04:24:40 AM »
If I get to that point with a woman, I'm proposing that way. She'll have to understand my Avatar, gaming, Harry Potter, and Star Wars references for things to work.

I think that when you do get to that point with a woman, Lion, she'll understand most of your references in the first place for the two of you to get to that point.  :D  That part was brilliant.

For a lot of the rest of it, though... (sigh) this is going to sound terrible.

Several years ago, I went to hear a group that performed jazz in a way I hadn't heard done before.  They didn't riff off of a particular theme, stay within the same key, and harmonize and collaborate on the fly; these people just each did their own thing, in their own key, with their own rhythms.  It was just short of organized noise.

This finale, especially the finale of the finale, felt a lot like that to me, just a lot of disconnected parts all thrown in together at the end.  Lots of action, lots of booming and crashing, lots of gang-tackling of the Kuviramech by the Krew, the Air Nation, and the Metal Clan, and I loved when Hiroshi Sato came back one last time and when Varrick and Zhu Li did the thing and when Korra and Asami went off hand in hand for their "vacation" (boy, that's going to be analyzed and torn apart by shippers seven ways to Sunday the way the Kataango was), but it just felt to me like lots of connecting parts were missing.  It just all... happened.

I'm glad I taped the thing (yes, I did use my VCR to tape it) so I can have another look at it, because I need another look.  It just... geez.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:49:22 AM by wherewulf »

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
    • DA
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2014, 04:34:08 AM »
Organized noise. *nods vigorously*

I agree completely. With all the things you said.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2014, 04:34:14 AM »
In all, I will say that the season 3 finale felt more well put together. It was a perfect poignant punch in the face that was super effective at eliciting a response.

Plus, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting them to have taken out the mech within one episode and spent the next one doing something else.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2014, 04:47:19 AM »
I seriously couldn't be happier with this ending.

I like that Kuvira lived, even if she did throw a brick at Korra while Korra was trying to end it.

THAT SPIRIT BENDING !

THe whole fight between Kuvira nad Korra was also just amazing. and further more i like that she didn't bust into the avatar state to end it right out. She beat Kuvira on her own terms and under her "own power"(as in without enhancements)

ZHURRICK! :D

And of course

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.