follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Bosami  (Read 8147 times)

Offline aanglover

• Elite Borra Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
Re: Bosami
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 02:10:26 AM »
For Bosami to work, Bolin would have to get over the fascination he has with her being the rich girl.

Agreed. Sure, its great to see Bolin all excited about  having a servant and everything he may want but for Bosami to happen he needs to see that Asami  has more to offer than money (of course im sure he already knows that).

& he needs to find a way to be with her without hurting his brother (which would probably be difficult to do).
click for HD

Keeps:
-Bolins look at Korra on Harmony Tower during their date
-Korras door busting abilities
-Bolin's pants-zipper scene
-the cake & rose Bolin gave Korra
-Anytime Toph calls Aang 'twinkletoes'

Offline Saxy

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 33
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 06:26:03 AM »
Whether Bolin ends up with Korra or Asami, he will hurt his brother either way. It will be really hard to pull off either relationship.

ATLA Keeper of: On Ji's bangs, Ty Lee's love of pink, Ty Lee's aura, Ty Lee's flirting skills, and Ty Lee's eyes
LoK Keeper of: Pabu, Ikki's Spazziness, Lin's Badassness, Korra's rage face, all of the jazzy tunes

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 08:06:34 AM »
i think Mako wouldnt have as much of a problem with it if Bolin did decide to be with Asami compared to Korra (who hes with now). I dont think Mako really loved Asami tbh..he had a strong infatuation with her & felt the need to protect her. If it came down to Bolin really starting to like Asami Mako would probably say to go for it because 1) he has korra now and 2) he had closure with asami and that they should have remained friends.

With Korra, it is more diffcult to see Mako not be hurt by it..considering its his current girlfriend. But im also not saying that it wouldnt hurt Mako a little if Bolin did pursue Asami either. Im just sayingit in comparison to Korra

In reality, canon wise...it would be easier to pull off Bosami rather than Borra... & you dont know how much that kills meeee
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:08:43 AM by aanglover »
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline Opaul

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
  • Taking names and doing homework....still
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 03:05:13 PM »
I really want to ship this...but I feel like its a bit of a cop out for the writers. Note that it is completely adorable and I would still ship it to high heaven. and their offspring would be gorgeous
<< Post Merge: January 08, 2013, 03:15:56 PM >>

i think Mako wouldnt have as much of a problem with it if Bolin did decide to be with Asami compared to Korra (who hes with now). I dont think Mako really loved Asami tbh..he had a strong infatuation with her & felt the need to protect her. If it came down to Bolin really starting to like Asami Mako would probably say to go for it because 1) he has korra now and 2) he had closure with asami and that they should have remained friends.

With Korra, it is more diffcult to see Mako not be hurt by it..considering its his current girlfriend. But im also not saying that it wouldnt hurt Mako a little if Bolin did pursue Asami either. Im just sayingit in comparison to Korra

In reality, canon wise...it would be easier to pull off Bosami rather than Borra... & you dont know how much that kills meeee
I agree, I think he would feel a little down about it at the very beginning then get right on board since he wants both of them to be happy.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 03:15:56 PM by Opaul »

Offline Deist Zealot

• P'heer Marked Me
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 36
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2013, 07:42:03 AM »

I'm trying to go as easy as possible on Mako here, but...well...considering his behavior in Book 1, I suspect he'd flip his lid if little bro got with either of the central girls.  (I think he'd be rawer about Korra—I don't think she'd just throw him over for Bolin, but we'd still be talking about a more recent split and L-bombs having been dropped and all that—but I agree that he'd still be raw about Asami, and possibly say something about her being too old for Bo). 

Which, if you think about it, would give Bolin a perfect opportunity to actually stand up to Mako (which isn't something we've seen him really do much when he's entirely lucid).  Character development!  Also, bros being bros!
I keep:  Lin Beifong's resolve, Asami Sato's integrity, and Bolin's endearing inability to lie.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2013, 10:57:55 PM »

I completely agree with this. I can see it being far more realistic than Borra happening, but Borra might not be completely out of thought. There is two more seasons after this. But I doubt Bryke would switch around the couples so much.

I'm trying to go as easy as possible on Mako here, but...well...considering his behavior in Book 1, I suspect he'd flip his lid if little bro got with either of the central girls.  (I think he'd be rawer about Korra—I don't think she'd just throw him over for Bolin, but we'd still be talking about a more recent split and L-bombs having been dropped and all that—but I agree that he'd still be raw about Asami, and possibly say something about her being too old for Bo). 

Which, if you think about it, would give Bolin a perfect opportunity to actually stand up to Mako (which isn't something we've seen him really do much when he's entirely lucid).  Character development!  Also, bros being bros!

Well, it is six months after season one. And I'd think after six months Mako would be completely over Asami, but still obviously care about her. I could see Bolin developing feelings for her after at least that long. Even if it's halfway or towards the end of season two. And Asami is only a year or two older than Bolin right? It's no different than Aang and Katara. I do think Bolin would develop feelings before Asami though if they were to happen.

I do like the idea of Bolin standing up to Mako though if something like that were to happen.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Deist Zealot

• P'heer Marked Me
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2013, 01:11:28 AM »
I completely agree with this. I can see it being far more realistic than Borra happening, but Borra might not be completely out of thought. There is two more seasons after this. But I doubt Bryke would switch around the couples so much.
Well...there is the fact that despite the fact that they hammered Makorra through, they didn't really develop it much as far as chemistry goes.  (Two big reasons why I don't see myself ever warming up to the pairing unless it's being set up as an object-lesson).

Quote (selected)
Well, it is six months after season one. And I'd think after six months Mako would be completely over Asami, but still obviously care about her. I could see Bolin developing feelings for her after at least that long. Even if it's halfway or towards the end of season two. And Asami is only a year or two older than Bolin right? It's no different than Aang and Katara. I do think Bolin would develop feelings before Asami though if they were to happen.

I do like the idea of Bolin standing up to Mako though if something like that were to happen.
It's a two-year age difference.  Literally the same differential as Aang and Katara, except they're both older. 

But remember: Mako tends to treat Bolin like a little kid at times.  Bo may be painfully naďve and in some ways vulnerable, but he's not some helpless baby; he's canonically got a bit of an inferiority complex in regards to Mako (not helped, admittedly, by the way the narrative has treated Mako as objectively better), and you could kind of see him starting to resent it in "The Spirit of Competition."
I keep:  Lin Beifong's resolve, Asami Sato's integrity, and Bolin's endearing inability to lie.

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2013, 02:04:21 AM »
You saw his inferiority complex problem way before the fifth episode. As a matter of fact...it was episode 3. When Mako was saying how they need a plan to come up with the money for the championship pot..mako said that he'd figure it out and we got a cutshot over to Bolin with a mad/determined look on his face like he's going go through with his plan anyway..even if mako said it wasnt a serious plan. You can see that Mako's babying kinda frustrates Bolin and that he can make his own choices by himself.

But anyway..back to Bosami. I think it'd be very interesting to see them start to fall for eachother and Mako butts in to try to 'protect' his bro and Bolin would kinda tell him off. Asami, on the other hand, would be the mediator  & tell them both to relax.

We havent really seen any seriously tense situations between Mako and Bolin in terms of  fighting/not talking to eachother..and i think Bosami happening would be a great way to show that theme between brothers and when they dont agree.
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline The Melon Lord Approves

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 121
  • World's Biggest FAangirl
    • My tumblr
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 07:30:42 PM »
Note that it is completely adorable and I would still ship it to high heaven. and their offspring would be gorgeous

I'm not gonna lie, that's at least thirty percent of the reason that this ship became one of my lifeboats when I realized the S.S. Borra was slowly sinking. Their babies would have legendary eyes.

And then I started thinking about it, and decided I actually really like it. It's one of those adorably unlikely, yet absolutely plausible romances that I could genuinely see developing and becoming a really strong source of growth for both characters.

We havent really seen any seriously tense situations between Mako and Bolin in terms of  fighting/not talking to eachother..and i think Bosami happening would be a great way to show that theme between brothers and when they dont agree.

YES. Please. Let's see some serious tension between Bo and Mako, contribute some additional depth to their fraternity! And Bolin falling for Mako's ex could be a very interesting way to do that (if handled properly).

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 02:35:49 AM »
But anyway..back to Bosami. I think it'd be very interesting to see them start to fall for eachother and Mako butts in to try to 'protect' his bro and Bolin would kinda tell him off. Asami, on the other hand, would be the mediator  & tell them both to relax.
Yes, I could easily see this. I think Bolin might try to tell him off, then Asami comes to them and tells Mako to leave for awhile and cool down and to think about it. I could see it. Fanfic idea right there.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 03:29:10 AM »
I could also potentially see there being some very interesting tension between Bolin and Asami as their relationship developed, possibly seeing Bolin wondering if she's only with him- younger, shorter, inferiority-complex-riddled him- because she can't be with Mako. It would be a great opportunity to explore that aforementioned inferiority complex and watch him really start to grow up and out of his brother's shadow as he comes to terms with the fact that, despite what his misgivings would like him to believe, Asami actually likes him for him.

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2013, 05:55:08 AM »
I could also potentially see there being some very interesting tension between Bolin and Asami as their relationship developed, possibly seeing Bolin wondering if she's only with him- younger, shorter, inferiority-complex-riddled him- because she can't be with Mako. It would be a great opportunity to explore that aforementioned inferiority complex and watch him really start to grow up and out of his brother's shadow as he comes to terms with the fact that, despite what his misgivings would like him to believe, Asami actually likes him for him.

oh my gosh this is beautiful yes <3

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2013, 10:55:29 PM »
Yes! This would be marvelous to see happen!

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2013, 04:38:50 AM »
Bosami is just one of those ships that I initially didn't like because it felt too much like Pair The Spares, and I hate that, but the more I actually considered it- the implications, ramifications, growth potential for the characters, possible chemistry- the more I started to really like the idea of it.

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2013, 05:02:25 AM »
Bosami is just one of those ships that I initially didn't like because it felt too much like Pair The Spares, and I hate that, but the more I actually considered it- the implications, ramifications, growth potential for the characters, possible chemistry- the more I started to really like the idea of it.
Same.

~Set by me~

Offline Deist Zealot

• P'heer Marked Me
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Round 1!
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2013, 06:06:23 AM »
I want to see them actually interact more.  But to be quite honest, it's growing on me just for the reserved-loves-exuberant potential alone.  (That, and their character designs work well together, and the height/physique difference puts me in mind of an old favorite literary 'shiptease.)

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2013, 06:38:54 AM »
I agree, we'd need to see the two of them share a few more scenes, but from what I saw of their interactions thus far, I like their vibe.  I don't want to use the word "dynamic" yet because their dynamic thus far has really revolved more around their mutual connections to Mako than anything else.  But they have a good vibe.

Quote from: Bolin
I had this awful dream that Korra was taken by this evil bloodbender. So weird.
Quote from: Asami
Bolin, that really happened. He knocked us out.

All their interactions... just kinda work.  They've been very few and far between, but their interactions seem very natural and very... warm. There's something very familiar about the way they talk to each other, which really isn't present in Asami's interactions with anybody else, which I think is odd.

Honestly, I think the thing I like most about this ship is the potential they have to influence each other positively.  Let's be honest, Asami's a classy lady. To be her man, Bolin's gonna have to do some growing up, and that's not surprising, nor is it a bad thing. He's gonna have to learn how to step out of Mako's shadow, which we saw hints of in Season 1 but it was never explored as much as it could've been (and hopefully will be in future), among other things.  Being with Asami could potentially give Bolin the strength to stand on his own two feet.  And as for Asami... well, I think she needs to be warmed up a little. I feel like ever since she discovered her father's duplicity, something in her froze over and it never really thawed out. But Bolin... well, he's rock solid, he's loyal, he's stable and unfaltering. But he's also funny and bright-eyed and easygoing.  He could give her just the right combination of stability and light-hearted fun she needs to finally melt that layer of ice.

And it could be amazing.

Or maybe they'll completely throw us for a loop and Korrasami will be endgame and everybody will just be like LOLWHUT BRYKE U TROLLS...

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2013, 04:15:12 AM »
I agree, we'd need to see the two of them share a few more scenes, but from what I saw of their interactions thus far, I like their vibe.  I don't want to use the word "dynamic" yet because their dynamic thus far has really revolved more around their mutual connections to Mako than anything else.  But they have a good vibe.

Quote from: Bolin
I had this awful dream that Korra was taken by this evil bloodbender. So weird.
Quote from: Asami
Bolin, that really happened. He knocked us out.

All their interactions... just kinda work.  They've been very few and far between, but their interactions seem very natural and very... warm. There's something very familiar about the way they talk to each other, which really isn't present in Asami's interactions with anybody else, which I think is odd.

Honestly, I think the thing I like most about this ship is the potential they have to influence each other positively.  Let's be honest, Asami's a classy lady. To be her man, Bolin's gonna have to do some growing up, and that's not surprising, nor is it a bad thing. He's gonna have to learn how to step out of Mako's shadow, which we saw hints of in Season 1 but it was never explored as much as it could've been (and hopefully will be in future), among other things.  Being with Asami could potentially give Bolin the strength to stand on his own two feet.  And as for Asami... well, I think she needs to be warmed up a little. I feel like ever since she discovered her father's duplicity, something in her froze over and it never really thawed out. But Bolin... well, he's rock solid, he's loyal, he's stable and unfaltering. But he's also funny and bright-eyed and easygoing.  He could give her just the right combination of stability and light-hearted fun she needs to finally melt that layer of ice.

And it could be amazing.

Or maybe they'll completely throw us for a loop and Korrasami will be endgame and everybody will just be like LOLWHUT BRYKE U TROLLS...

Oh my....like, all of this.

Bosami would give both characters amazing development. I agree, while Asami is nice, there's something in her that's still cold, still detached, like a part of her heart just doesn't want to get hurt again. She doesn't necessarily isolate herself, but there's something emotionally off about her. And Bolin could help warm up her heart, and Asami could help him get mature and step out of his brother's shadow.

asdkljsaldkjsaldkjasd look what you made me do melon you are making me gush about this couple all over again askdjaslkdsjad

• Naive Fools Club
  • Knockout!
    • My tumblr
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2013, 04:26:30 AM »
IT COULD BE SO BEAUTIFUL.

Please, Bryke, either validate these two awesome characters or just leave them alone, because they deserve to be happy and respected by the narrative and putting them together to lift each other up would be an awesome way to do that just saiyan.

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2013, 04:31:51 AM »
THEY JUST HAVE SO MUCH POTENTIAL /sobs

BRYKE CAN'T NOT PUT THEM TOGETHER

I mean, my heart absolutely broke when Bolin told Hiroshi that he was a horrible father. He came to Asami and rescued her. There's just so much you could do with a couple as dynamic as Bosami. I need more of their interactions in S2 and beyond.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.