Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 411 - Kuvira's Gambit  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Blue Flame

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
Re: 411 - Kuvira's Gambit
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2014, 11:02:37 PM »
This was a great episode, and I'm so glad that I finally got caught up. But...am I the only one who doesn't feel like this is leading up to a true series finale? Other than the large difference in Korra's personality from season one to now, I still feel like THAT was more of a series finale type lead up than this...I don't know maybe its because I wish there could have been a better, more in depth lead up to Makorra or even just a better relationship between the Krew but I just feel like the entire season is still too spread out I don't FEEL the relationships between the Krew anymore (unlike how we were seriously feeling Gaang feels through the end of season three of AtLA). They don't seem very close to each other and its just all sort of thrown together. Meh, maybe I'll feel better after the finale but still. I'm excited but nervous and not really happy just yet.

EDIT: Also, I feel like if they were going to do such a huge time gap like three years, it should have been when we had more time to adjust to it and get back into things, because this...this just sort of, again, feels REALLY thrown together.
I kind of agree with you. I mean, nothing will take the place of ATLA in my heart, but you're right. The relationships among the Gaang were more... believable? Close? I'm not sure exactly what word I'm looking for here, but the Krew doesn't feel as heartfelt, somehow. The 3 year gap probably contributed, maybe also the fact that some of them are closer to one another than the group in general (like Korra and Asami).

Also, I'm kind of disappointed by the lack of recent interaction between Mako and Bolin. I like the dynamic that siblings can have, and I don't feel like that relationship reached its potential, either.

I still have high hopes for the finale, though.

Also, thanks The-Blue-Dragon-Lord!

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 05:10:19 AM »
This episode was amazing:D The finale is probably going to be awesome:D

I was completely surprised to see that Kuvira transported the weapon by giant mech instead of the canon train that was shown a week ago:0 That was smart of Kuvira and the way that she controls with metalbending is very interesting:) Though I can't believe that she turned the weapon on Baatar to get to Korra and the other people that stood in her way o_o It seemed she actually loved the guy.

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2014, 06:02:40 PM »
I think she did, but her power and the goal she has in mind is clouding her judgement. XD

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2014, 01:52:24 AM »
I won't lie when I first saw the giant metal mech man I was really disappointed. But it's growing on me.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.