Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 410 - Operation: Beifong  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: 410 - Operation: Beifong
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 08:11:11 PM »

You know, about that... I agree with what Toph said, I feel plenty achy myself right now at 47, but King Bumi was active, in the field, and leading the charge against the Fire Nation in Omashu and Ba Sing Se at over 100.  He certainly didn't just "leave things to the kids".  Albeit he also is one heck of an outlier, too.  :D

Also, about Baatar Jr., I don't know if he's ready to go down Zhu Li's path just yet (and how about that Zhu Li!  Wow!), but I see a clear line in his mind between locking his family up and blowing part of his family away.  I was very glad to see that line, too; he isn't completely dedicated to Kuvira's cause yet.

Well times were different and to be fair, Bumi was a king, he needed to be strong physically. Plus he's crazy so there's that too. I think Toph really just meant that she had her share of adventures and now she wanted to let the younger generation have their own too.

Oh I totally agree with Fenix here. Toph is one badass old lady but she isn't -crazy- the way Bumi was. Bumi was called a mad genius for a good reason :P....

And he was one awesome mad genius. I love how we have two mad genius' in the series both completely different. I mean Varrick is nothing like King Bumi.

Thank goodness for that! Imagine all the mayhem Varrick could create if he was just like King Bumi. XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Rotkehlchen

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
  • In 23 we trust
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 09:46:10 PM »
First thought on this big canon
(click to show/hide)

So we have airplains from WWI, the Eisenbahngeschütz from WWII, next thing will be remote controlled rockets.

Great episode. Zhu Li as double traitor was pretty obvious (even a bit unrealistic but necessary for the plot), nice bending-action. And i can see the point of the spirits. Can't wait for the next episode.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2014, 01:27:40 AM »
We're all with you on that, but at the same time, it's the last week before the finale, so I'm dreading it. XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2014, 12:55:24 PM »
(click to show/hide)

So we have airplains from WWI, the Eisenbahngeschütz from WWII, next thing will be remote controlled rockets.

Great episode. Zhu Li as double traitor was pretty obvious (even a bit unrealistic but necessary for the plot), nice bending-action. And i can see the point of the spirits. Can't wait for the next episode.

I wish I'd thought of that.  :D  Kuvira's gun certainly has the look of the railroad guns from World Wars I and II, and Kuvira's been zipping around the Earth Empire (Kingdom) on a train, so transporting her big gun by rail makes a lot of sense.

It exposes a weakness, too.  Tear up all the rails between hither and yon, and then "it's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se..."  :D

Offline Rotkehlchen

• Pro-bending Fan
  • In 23 we trust
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2014, 02:35:52 PM »
I wish I'd thought of that.  :D  Kuvira's gun certainly has the look of the railroad guns from World Wars I and II, and Kuvira's been zipping around the Earth Empire (Kingdom) on a train, so transporting her big gun by rail makes a lot of sense.

It exposes a weakness, too.  Tear up all the rails between hither and yon, and then "it's a long, long way to Ba Sing Se..."  :D

Yeah, but the "travel train" is a monorail, while the canon uses two separate tracks. So even if they can transport it with the monorail somehow they still need to build new tracks just to aim (unless they use earthbending or something).

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2014, 07:19:11 PM »
That's true.  I forgot about the double track.  And building new rails will take time, even with an army of Earth- and Metalbenders.

Offline Blue Flame

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2014, 09:35:32 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I've seen other people on the Internet making comparisons between Kuvira and Hitler. Looks like there was some World War II era inspiration there.

This was probably one of my favorite episodes of the 4th season so far. It had a good balance of fighting and emotional scenes. Not to mention Zhu Li's betrayal. Even if it was kind of obvious, it was still awesome. Is it weird that one of the things I'm most looking forward to is seeing how the reunion between Zhu Li and Varrick goes down? Whether Zhurrick ends up happening or not... I'm still curious as to how they will act upon seeing each other again. o.o

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.