Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 410 - Operation: Beifong  (Read 2257 times)

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
410 - Operation: Beifong
« on: December 05, 2014, 04:14:00 AM »
Discuss season 4, episode 10 of LoK, Operation: Beifong!

the doctor is out...

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: 410 - Operation: Beifong
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 08:36:28 AM »
This episode was amazing! I don't even know where to start! XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 01:05:57 PM »
Anyone else catch Bryke's trolling in the form of Toph being blunt? The way she so nonchalantly mentioned Lin's father and Katara not getting involved in the Civil War had me giggling like an idiot.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 02:14:25 PM »
YES! I'm a bit conflicted about that, because I love Katara and I want to see her in action like a lot of the fans do too, but the show is called the Legend of Korra for a reason, so...XD

Also, hats off to Zhu Li for standing up to Kuvira...even if it was only briefly. Also, I have no idea what to make of Bataar Jr.'s reaction to Opal being in the village that was going to be destroyed. It seemed like he was concerned, but I have a hard time believing that he'd have given her a hug or expressed some of that concern had he gotten her out of there. It seemed more like he was just concerned because she was family and if he'd gotten a hold of her and/or the rest of his family, they'd be sent back to the re-education camps.

Online Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 02:34:18 PM »
I think Bataar Jr's gonna have second thoughts soon enough. I loved how Opal's like, "I think this is enough to get Bolin out of the pola bear dog house." They're cute together, even if they did have so little screen time.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »
If he does, I wonder how that will play out. XD I mean, Kuvira did say they were engaged so he'd have to choose between family and is fiancee and given his actions so far, I'm not sure that he'd make the right choice.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 06:30:30 PM »
So we have a name for Lin's father, Kanta. I wonder why things didn't work out.

Awesome episode by the way.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Maybeth

• “You’d be surprised what a person can live with”
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 4
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 08:57:42 PM »
Wow!! Toph just mentioned some very important info there, so carelessly as if they were mere details...
Lin's father and Katara not getting involved in the Civil Wars huh?
Well we haven't gotten much of the old generation in lok, but even that little, precious, something means...something at least for me! I recall Aunt Wu back in Atla saying that Katara would... pass out in her sleep sometime after her forth grand-child was born. So ever since Rohan was born, I'm with this agony. I hope we don't get to see that happening. Like with Uncle Iroh.
Toph is right; It's time for the new generation to take on. I so loved Toph in every moment of this episode and specially when she said: "You give metalbenders a bad name!" to Kuvira!!!
I think Bolin and Opal are really cute together! :3
Also, I was glad though unsurprised to see Zhu Li had a plan. Loyal to Varrick!! :)
Anyone noticed this super weapon recembles one used in the WWII? Yep! 0.0
Awesome episode btw!! :D

And Toph goes back into her swap life now, I guess, right? Oh well, I'd like to see her again till the finale, but I couldn't imagine her fit more anywhere else but there...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:08:33 PM by Maybeth »

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2014, 10:29:19 PM »
That whole "pass away in your sleep thing" was really just a throw away line, I doubt Aunt Wu was actually reading her fortune at that time.

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 11:02:43 PM »
And she said it would also be after her 3rd Great Grandchild. So. If Aunt Wu was correct, she's still got plenty if time left.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2014, 11:07:25 PM »
Agreed, if that fortune was actually true, Katara will go past 100 before she dies.

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »
I loved this episode! If I were sober, I'd get into everything that made ethis episode awesome. I'll wait.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2014, 01:04:59 AM »
okay but how awesome is Su I mean look at this

What a BAMF

This episode was great all around. Toph is perfect as usual. And I'm glad they got Zhu Li away from Kuvira, I'll bet Varrick will be excited xD

the doctor is out...

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2014, 02:11:59 AM »
okay but how awesome is Su I mean look at this

What a BAMF

This episode was great all around. Toph is perfect as usual. And I'm glad they got Zhu Li away from Kuvira, I'll bet Varrick will be excited xD

Second that all the way round!  :D

Agreed, if that fortune was actually true, Katara will go past 100 before she dies.

You know, about that... I agree with what Toph said, I feel plenty achy myself right now at 47, but King Bumi was active, in the field, and leading the charge against the Fire Nation in Omashu and Ba Sing Se at over 100.  He certainly didn't just "leave things to the kids".  Albeit he also is one heck of an outlier, too.  :D

Also, about Baatar Jr., I don't know if he's ready to go down Zhu Li's path just yet (and how about that Zhu Li!  Wow!), but I see a clear line in his mind between locking his family up and blowing part of his family away.  I was very glad to see that line, too; he isn't completely dedicated to Kuvira's cause yet.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2014, 03:20:46 AM »
Well times were different and to be fair, Bumi was a king, he needed to be strong physically. Plus he's crazy so there's that too. I think Toph really just meant that she had her share of adventures and now she wanted to let the younger generation have their own too.

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2014, 06:44:03 AM »
This was a pretty interesting episode:D It was awesome of Zhu Li to actually not be on Kuvira's side and try to have the super weapon blow itself up:D Su's fight with Kuvira was amazing:D Also,Toph's line to Kuvira was just awesome:D

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Reyna

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 20
  • Nothing is Completely Useless.
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »

You know, about that... I agree with what Toph said, I feel plenty achy myself right now at 47, but King Bumi was active, in the field, and leading the charge against the Fire Nation in Omashu and Ba Sing Se at over 100.  He certainly didn't just "leave things to the kids".  Albeit he also is one heck of an outlier, too.  :D

Also, about Baatar Jr., I don't know if he's ready to go down Zhu Li's path just yet (and how about that Zhu Li!  Wow!), but I see a clear line in his mind between locking his family up and blowing part of his family away.  I was very glad to see that line, too; he isn't completely dedicated to Kuvira's cause yet.

Well times were different and to be fair, Bumi was a king, he needed to be strong physically. Plus he's crazy so there's that too. I think Toph really just meant that she had her share of adventures and now she wanted to let the younger generation have their own too.

Oh I totally agree with Fenix here. Toph is one badass old lady but she isn't -crazy- the way Bumi was. Bumi was called a mad genius for a good reason :P....

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »

Oh I totally agree with Fenix here. Toph is one badass old lady but she isn't -crazy- the way Bumi was. Bumi was called a mad genius for a good reason :P....

And he was one awesome mad genius. I love how we have two mad genius' in the series both completely different. I mean Varrick is nothing like King Bumi.

Offline ThePaintedLady

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 14
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 06:48:48 AM »
LADY POWER.

In this episode it was off the charts. So proud.

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 04:53:16 PM »
This is my favorite episode of the whole series so far.
Just.........UMF.

older sigs (click to show/hide)

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.