Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 408 - Remembrances  (Read 1817 times)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: 408 - Remembrances
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 03:49:45 AM »
The villian conference was gold!

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 09:03:41 PM »
I got to thinking about this episode from last week as I watched this week's episode, #409; one more nice thing about "Remembrances" for me was that it kind served as a filler episode.  This week with "Beyond the Wilds" we had so much happen so fast, as usual--and it was a good episode, don't get me wrong--but "Remembrances" let me watch the characters slow down a bit, think about everything that's happened.

For me, so much of Legend of Korra has been one thing happening after another, bang-bang-bang; this was a nice slow-down.

Offline Rotkehlchen

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
  • In 23 we trust
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 04:42:46 PM »
Here it comes, the "We-ran-out-of-time-and-money-and-can't-effort-a-new-episode" - Episode. But the phone-conference was hilarious xD

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2014, 07:59:00 PM »
That's not what happened with the recap episode. Nick gave them an ultimatum. They basically told Bryke that they would have to cut  a significant budget out of season 4, one that amounts to basically a whole episode. They had two options, they could let a bunch of the crew go, or they could make a clips episode. So they went with the latter.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Kasi McCarty

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 13
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2014, 04:36:20 AM »
This is a little late but god i had to weigh in on this. I just found out about the budget cut as I read this thread, and I do understand. And honestly I completely agree with what they did. I just feel like we didn't learn as much as we could have learned and the character development we could have had...we didn't get.

The thing is...for me most of this series is nick offering to make LoK then ripping up a decent idea to pieces. This series has not gotten NEAR the justice it deserves, and I feel like a large part of that is because of Nick. However, a good part of that too is the just large mash of ideas in one place. They should have taken one villain and stretched it out over the seasons, the way they did AtLA and developed the characters much better. I just feel like this episode is a clear cut reason why they should have just left Korra alone after the first season...as much as I was unhappy at the way a lot of season one was handled...I think the finale feeling itself was better done than the rest of the show as a whole (other than season three...that was pretty fantastic. They should have dragged that over two seasons instead of moving on). I feel like there are bits of greatness buried in this show, things I liked from all of the seasons. But such a large part of me is...disappointed in the direction of the series. I hope the finale helps that feeling.

Back onto this episode, I did like how Mako got called out and how we got at least some new perspective...just feel like it wasn't as deep as it could have been. I'm glad Mako realized he needed to focus on himself, but meh. Didn't feel real to me. I do wish we could have gotten some Asami and Bolin perspective, but I've never been a HUGE Asami fan and well...Varrick's version was pretty funny. I just feel like as much as we COULD have learned from this episode, we didn't.

Thats my rant (about two weeks late but there it is).

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.