Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 405 - Enemy at the Gates  (Read 2928 times)

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
405 - Enemy at the Gates
« on: October 31, 2014, 03:10:54 AM »
Discuss season 4, episode 5 of LoK, Enemy at the Gates!

the doctor is out...

Online Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
Re: 405 - Enemy at the Gates
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 03:32:55 AM »
Will this include Jude Law, Rachel Weisz, or Ed Harris? Unfortunately, we can't have Bob Hoskins as the Party's puppet.
Set by Waterlady

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 75
    • Natti's deviantART Gallery
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 04:22:02 PM »
Darn, I was hoping to see Korra reunite with the Krew this week...ah well.

Asami and Hiroshi feels, gosh daaaang. D':

And Zhu Li, holy crap. I mean. I guess I understand why she did it, Varrick never really did express appreciation for her, but still, to have her on the bad guy's side now, right after we saw how much she can kick butt when she has to...geez, for some reason that really seems like a blow.

Hurray for Bolin realizing that Kuvira's up to something...! Not-so-hurray that he got caught...dang...though I can't say I didn't see that coming. :P

Also, Meelo makes best faces.

No, seriously, though.

Aang's grandson, folks.

Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart. <3

Online Lionheart

• Task Force
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • Taking out the dregs of humanity since 1917.
    • My FF.net
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 05:21:57 PM »
Hats off to Asami making the effort to forgive Hiroshi. Prison really did a number on him, it looks like. I almost feel sorry for that guy.
Set by Waterlady

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 06:19:39 PM »

the doctor is out...

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 10:26:47 PM »
This was a great episode... besides the awful cliffhanger. I loved seeing Asami and her father. And damn, prison does not do him well. Went from Theodore Roosevelt to Hayao Miyazaki in less than four years. Gotta feel at least a little sorry for him.

ANYWAY, loved that we got to see more of Zhu Li and Varrick interactions. I totally ship them. Wondering if Zhu Li has finally had enough, or if she's a good actress and will come back to save Varrick later. Also, I was wondering what units of measurement were gonna be used by weight and power. Didn't see Zhu Lis and Varricks coming...

And Korra preferring to talk over going all Avatar State on Kuvira. Character developent ladies and gentlemen

Can't wait to see epic fight scenes next week cause we all know that's coming (based on the trailer).

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 03:00:53 AM »
I think Zhu Li is going to betray Kuvira. Her switch seemed so...fake. I really thought Kuvira was going to see through that.

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 05:31:57 AM »
This was a nice episode:) I was glad to see Bolin betray Kuvira after learning of her horrible deeds to the kingdom:D and I was happy that Varrick had a conscious and choose to betray Kuvira:) Also,the parts with Asami and her dad was interesting:)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 05:34:22 AM by bearboymcg »

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 05:20:05 PM »
I have so many things to say about this episode. But there's one thing overshadowing every of my other thoughts.

Julie kicking butt

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 06:22:38 PM »
I have so many things to say about this episode. But there's one thing overshadowing every of my other thoughts.

Julie kicking butt
Yeah, that was awesome. One thing though: It's not Julie, it's Zhu Li. Just sayin'

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 06:40:57 PM »
Zhu Li is awesome. I can't wait to see how she helps take out Kuvira's regime from the inside.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 07:14:19 PM »
Zhu Li is awesome. I can't wait to see how she helps take out Kuvira's regime from the inside.

(nods)  Agreed.  I think that's what we're going to see.

Although if this was the end of the Varrick/Zhu Li relationship that we just saw, "Guards!  Do the thing!" "No!  Not the thing!!" is a pretty good epitaph.  XD

I feel like I saw elements of Azula, Sozin, and Chin the Conqueror in Kuvira in this week's episode, too.  Not bad at all.
<< Post Merge: November 03, 2014, 07:16:01 PM >>

Darn, I was hoping to see Korra reunite with the Krew this week...ah well.

Asami and Hiroshi feels, gosh daaaang. D':

And Zhu Li, holy crap. I mean. I guess I understand why she did it, Varrick never really did express appreciation for her, but still, to have her on the bad guy's side now, right after we saw how much she can kick butt when she has to...geez, for some reason that really seems like a blow.

Hurray for Bolin realizing that Kuvira's up to something...! Not-so-hurray that he got caught...dang...though I can't say I didn't see that coming. :P

Also, Meelo makes best faces.

No, seriously, though.

Aang's grandson, folks.

And all this.  :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 07:16:01 PM by wherewulf »

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »

Although if this was the end of the Varrick/Zhu Li relationship that we just saw, "Guards!  Do the thing!" "No!  Not the thing!!" is a pretty good epitaph.  XD

I feel like I saw elements of Azula, Sozin, and Chin the Conqueror in Kuvira in this week's episode, too.  Not bad at all.
Yeah, that line was the best part of the episode! I'm sure we're gonna be seeing more of Zhu Li later. I'm hoping her betrayal was just an act and she's planning something. That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

And I agree with seeing elements of Azula, Sozin, and Chin in the episode. The more I thought about it, the more surprised I am that I didn't think of that immediately when I saw the episode. Good catch!

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Natti

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 75
    • Natti's deviantART Gallery
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2014, 01:18:10 AM »

Yeah, that line was the best part of the episode! I'm sure we're gonna be seeing more of Zhu Li later. I'm hoping her betrayal was just an act and she's planning something. That wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I'm hoping for this too...I guess we'll see how it goes.

Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart. <3

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2014, 09:20:36 AM »
I honestly think Zhu Li is pulling the wool over Kuvira's eyes. And no way is Kuvira going to notice it. She's so drunk on power that she'll believe anyone who claims to believe in her cause, especially when they word it as well as Zhu Li did.

Also, yay for Bolin finally opening his eyes and seeing that Kuvira is just another Tyrant. And that Lava Bending. Aw yeah.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2014, 11:45:45 PM »
So I'm not the only one who thinks Zhu Li's betrayal is just an act. Good I highly doubt Zhu Li would be stupid enough to work for someone who's knowingly crazier than Varrick himself. Plus it seems like she has feelings for Varrick anyways. That being said, he really should appreciate her more.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2014, 01:25:52 AM »
So I'm not the only one who thinks Zhu Li's betrayal is just an act. Good I highly doubt Zhu Li would be stupid enough to work for someone who's knowingly crazier than Varrick himself. Plus it seems like she has feelings for Varrick anyways. That being said, he really should appreciate her more.
Personally, I think Zhu Li is simply a genius managing to kill two birds with one stone: taking down Kuvira and forcing Varrick to appreciate her.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2014, 02:55:37 AM »
Personally, I think Zhu Li is simply a genius managing to kill two birds with one stone: taking down Kuvira and forcing Varrick to appreciate her.
I agree. 100% genius

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2014, 04:37:41 PM »

Exactly. It would work even better if he forces on of the characters to become his personal assistant and realizes that no one can compare to Zhu Li.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2014, 07:21:42 PM »
I honestly think Zhu Li is pulling the wool over Kuvira's eyes. And no way is Kuvira going to notice it. She's so drunk on power that she'll believe anyone who claims to believe in her cause, especially when they word it as well as Zhu Li did.

Also, yay for Bolin finally opening his eyes and seeing that Kuvira is just another Tyrant. And that Lava Bending. Aw yeah.

I'm not sure... I'm sorry, but as much as Kuvira craves power, I don't know if we can go so far as to say she's drunk on it.  That might be a blind spot of hers, but we haven't really seen her demonstrate it yet.  I could see Kuvira thinking, "Okay, Varrick's 'former' minion... let's see how far you take this."

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.