Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: MM23's video game review board  (Read 455 times)

Offline Mighty Makorran23

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 10
MM23's video game review board
« on: October 26, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »
Hello all!

No, I'm not dead! I've been laying low in my toaster plotting you doom! (Ahem) I mean laying low till Korra wraps up. But that 's not why I'm here, no ladies and gentlemen I'm here today to discuss games. Because I... am a gamer! (Dramatic music)

And as a gamer I have my opinions on what makes a great game, and since y'all are an open minded bunch I figured I'd share my opinions. Bear in mind, these are my opinions and if you think a game I like is bad, more power to you. Share your opinion politely mind you. I'd really rather this didn't degenerate into YouTube comment section levels of argument. With all that said let's kick this off with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

Why not go in order from first to current? Cause I don't really want to. :p I'd rather do this in whatever order I choose XD

Anywho AC:IV: This one I have mixed feelings about, mostly because I had a lot of difficulty with AC: III's naval combat and was still struggling with it when 4 came out. So having most of your game focus on it hurt the experience (for me anyway) in addition, spending so much upgrading the Jackdaw made it kinda harsh for me too. My play style is very story driven (meaning I like to play through the story before doing upgrading and side missions and the like) so having to stop the story in it's tracks to upgrade got on my nerves. Although tomorrow's game will be an exception but I'll get to that.

However, what saves it for me is the story. Ok, so Edward is a selfish jerk to the highest degree, but he is likable. But his complete focus on his goal of getting rich quick even while the Pirate Republic was falling to ruin around him made me bang my head against the wall in frustration.

But at the end of the day, all of the frustration and annoyance pays off as we see that ultimately Captain Edward Kenway is indeed a good man underneath it all and joins the Assassin Brotherhood. The games last moments with his daughter sailing home, made the suffering worth it.

If you found the game awesome, awesome. If you thought it was terrible, cool. But for me, it had good elements and bad, but still well worth it.

What'll it be tomorrow you ask? Well join me then when we fight to survive on the lost island of Yamatai in 2013's reboot of Tomb Raider

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: MM23's video game review board
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 08:14:04 PM »
*sets up camp* I'm going to have to pay attention and take notes on this stuff. XD But yes, I agree about AC IV...but you already knew that. XD

Set from tumblr. ę Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.