Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 402 - Korra Alone  (Read 2338 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: 402 - Korra Alone
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 01:33:07 AM »
How much you wanna bet that we'll spend all this time with Toph and still won't find out who the two fathers are? XD

I totally can see that happening no matter how horrifying it sounds
.. Bryke are some mad trolls afterall :|

Yeo, just like with Zuko's mother.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Water Lily

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 137
  • ~Waterbender Lily~
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 02:37:10 AM »
I haven't seen the episode yet, but I saw Aang's picture and I am so glad that he is still a massive dork.

^This :3

Season 4 is probably going to be my most favorite. It is awesome to see the different shades of Korra, knowing that she's not a perfectly immovable confident Avatar. It's good to see her finding herself.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:40:10 AM by Water Lily »

~To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.~

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 04:56:56 AM »
This was an interesting episode to watch seeing what Korra did in the time gap:) Also,I loved that Toph still calls the Avatar Twinkletoes:D

How much you wanna bet that we'll spend all this time with Toph and still won't find out who the two fathers are? XD
To be honest,I seriously doubt that they'll reveal that information.

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 03:17:27 PM »

Yeah, I doubt we'll find out about their fathers. Maybe we'll find out in the comics like we did with Zuko's mother?

I can't wait to see more Toph! I learned a tiny bit about next week's episode and I don't think we'll be seeing much (if any) of Korra and Toph, which saddens me. Could be wrong though. It's happened before.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 03:53:48 PM »
*dead*

This episode killed me.

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2014, 06:24:55 PM »
If I had known episodes like this were coming down the line last year, I would have been a lot less concerned about Season 2.  The episode this week is the kind of deep, exploratory thing that I've been wanting for quite a while and I've missed since the end of Season 1.  This is good stuff.

So much beautiful artwork and animation, too; Korra Firebending and Waterbending on the snow cliff against the starlit sky, Korra sailing away from Republic City, the slow-mo in the swamp when Korra faces her spirit self... gosh.  Beautiful stuff.

I was very glad they brought Zaheer into Season 4, even if it's only to represent something.  I'm really glad for the continuity.

Korra focusing on her big toe reminded me of The Bride doing that in Kill Bill, Vol. 1.  :D  And gosh, Katara.  She's in wonderful shape, very straight.  For that matter, it's almost like Toph is Yoda from Star Wars, when Luke Skywalker met him on Dagobah.  XD

The episode reminded me quite a bit of Zuko's metamorphosis back in ATLA's Season 2; Korra's got a lot of changing and self-exploration to do, and I'm looking forward to it.

And this.  XD

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2014, 02:48:20 AM »
So I watched the first 2 episodes finally. Jesus, watching what Korra is going through from her POV is absolutely terrifying.
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline HoneyBadger

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 32
  • I have a problem for your solution
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2014, 06:08:01 AM »
Wow. This is one of my favorite episodes in the series so far.

My top 3 most memorable scenes:

Korra backpacking up the volcano- seriously.. It's been so freakin long since I've have a glimpse of the Fire Nation.

The picture of Aang- He seems so silly, it's a relief that he wasn't always a serious adult like he came off in flashbacks.

Toph in the swamp- Very excited to see her! Interesting that she appears in the same place that Aang had his vision of her.

Offline Waterbender16

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 06:56:12 PM »
A few similarities to "Appa's Lost Days" from ATLA, even if the title is similar to "Zuko Alone".
Still, a very good episode that explains what ever happened of the Avatar in those past three years. The demon of her past was sure creepy!!

Offline Rotkehlchen

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
  • In 23 we trust
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2014, 04:12:41 PM »
Was a bit sceptical after the first episode, but this one blew it away. This was EXACTLY what I wanted to see.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.