Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: BOOK 4 PREMIERING OCTOBER 3RD (2 threads merged)  (Read 6348 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: BOOK 4 PREMIERING OCTOBER 3RD (2 threads merged)
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 07:10:02 PM »
And I certainly don't have money for a payed class right now.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Free_Spirit

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 71
  • Freespirit81 on deviantART. ;)
    • Free_Spirit's Art
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 08:57:29 PM »
I found out this news late last night after having a bad evening,and I can honestly say that the news cheered me up! :-D

I am going to miss watching Korra,but sadly all good shows must come to an end someday. Maybe there might be another Avatar series someday,but if there will be it would be several years from now; Bryke said recently that they need a break after Korra ends.

"We're all connected. Everything is connected."
(Avatar Aang)

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 10:18:55 PM »
I am going to miss watching Korra,but sadly all good shows must come to an end someday. Maybe there might be another Avatar series someday,but if there will be it would be several years from now; Bryke said recently that they need a break after Korra ends.
I don't think it'd be a good idea to start a new series after Korra. Not unless they put it on a different station. After all the crap they hadda put up with Nick, they'd be crazy to do another series. But that's just my opinion.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2014, 11:10:29 PM »
I don't think it'd be a good idea to start a new series after Korra. Not unless they put it on a different station. After all the crap they hadda put up with Nick, they'd be crazy to do another series. But that's just my opinion.

I gotta agree with that. I'd love a new Avatar series but not on Nick. Unfortunately buying a tv series contract rarely ever happens and is incredibly expensive I'd assume.

Also I kinda want to see Bryke tackle another original series sometime. But once again I don't want it on Nick.

Offline KataangFTW

• Kataang Shipper
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 11
  • The 31st Golden Raspberry Awards were spot on ;)
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 12:17:50 AM »
Well, that was quick.

I'd elaborate more, but everyone else has already said it all. It seems a little strange that they're pushing it this fast, especially after the intensity of the last season (you gotta let that sink in) but at least there won't be a super-long wait.

Team tag by Zev.

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2014, 12:26:20 AM »
I'm a little excited for more Korra:) Though I'd really wish they'd gave it a longer hiatus:( Book 3 was kinda rushed and it just ended only a couple weeks ago,and now there's only about a month hiatus.I wish Nick didn't rush the second half of the series:(

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2014, 06:24:52 PM »

I gotta agree with that. I'd love a new Avatar series but not on Nick. Unfortunately buying a tv series contract rarely ever happens and is incredibly expensive I'd assume.

Also I kinda want to see Bryke tackle another original series sometime. But once again I don't want it on Nick.

I agree with all parts of that.  I would love to see another Avatar series and I would love to see it be not on Nick.  Unfortunately, as crappily as Nick has treated the ATLA and LoK franchises, they would demand a pretty penny before they see it on another network.

One thing that I did like about ATLA when it ended (which is an odd phrase) is that we got to see the whole picture of where Mike and Bryan were going with the series; we got to see all of ATLA as one entire piece, and we had the chance to view it that way.  I guess we could say the same thing about Korra, too, when we think about it come next year.  Silver lining in dark clouds, I guess.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2014, 06:42:11 PM »
It's just weird though, we waited for Korra to first air for a long time and then waited a long time once again for season 2, but now we're near the end and it just feels like it's ending too soon. I can usually accept when a series is over despite loving it, but this one is a little hard on me. Avatar is my favorite tv series in the world, other series come close but nothing completely compares. It's one of the biggest impacts on my life and it's hard to see something that pretty much defined my teenage years and young adult years go already. I guess I'm not ready for it yet, I was hoping we could wait a little longer.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2014, 10:09:36 PM »
It's just weird though, we waited for Korra to first air for a long time and then waited a long time once again for season 2, but now we're near the end and it just feels like it's ending too soon. I can usually accept when a series is over despite loving it, but this one is a little hard on me. Avatar is my favorite tv series in the world, other series come close but nothing completely compares. It's one of the biggest impacts on my life and it's hard to see something that pretty much defined my teenage years and young adult years go already. I guess I'm not ready for it yet, I was hoping we could wait a little longer.

I definitely agree with that.  It really is ending too soon.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if a line of Legend of Korra comics follow the ATLA comics that are out now.  Or maybe they'll even have both lines run concurrently.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2014, 10:34:41 PM »
I'll have to actually read the comics to get my Avatar fill. XD And if they do have Korra comics I'll jump a little too high for joy.

Honestly I've always liked the Korra characters but they all really grew on me especially this 3rd season, even Mako.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2014, 12:38:06 AM »
I'm with you on the series ending way too soon. XD And if they make a Korra comic series, I think all the fans will jump for joy and eat it up!

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2014, 11:45:18 PM »

Yeah, I concur. I'm sorry to see that Nick just wants it out of the way and over with when shows like Spongebob and the Fairly Odd Parents are still airing even after 15 and 13 years. From what I recall ATLA and LOK have both gotten the viewership of any other show on Nick ever. So I'm not sure why Nick wants to be done with it. I feel like it's partly because they are getting older audiences with it and not younger ones, but I think that is who they should be targeting anyways. I mean, we love the show and are more dedicated to shows than many younger generations are, so I'm not sure why Nick is being so stingy about making childish shows with no plot when obviously the shows with plot are doing a lot better off. I don't know, it just doesn't make sense to me. I would love a fifth season. LOK with only have 52 episode, ATLA only had 61. Shows like Spongebob with no plot has had hundreds of episodes. Ed, Ed, and Eddy (terrible show by the way) had 100 episodes. Naruto keeps getting new series. It seems like all the shows I like always get canceled or end with not enough episodes. Imagine if ATLA or LOK had 100 episode. Imagine what could be told in them all. There could have been so much potential.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2014, 01:35:05 AM »
ATLA and LOK have been known to get really good ratings, but no it doesn't get more than their other programs. A lot of Nick's shows get high ratings, even nowadays with their crappy sitcoms. Spongebob still gets monster ratings despite how much it's declined.

The highest ATLA ever got was 5.6 million. Awesome, but the iCarly finale beat it easily with 6.4 million.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2014, 02:30:00 AM »
Yeah, I never understood why the crappy shows got higher ratings and such. But, I guess the one good thing out of all this is that Nick won't have much more LoK to butcher and/or mishandle. ^^'

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2014, 04:33:14 AM »
Depends on what you consider crappy. I loved iCarly and I still maintain that it's better than most of the shows on both Nick and Disney right now. Heck Victorious even grew on me in the end. I certainly understand why those shows were popular, especially iCarly.

And if TMNT is getting high ratings then it deserves it.

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2014, 04:48:47 AM »
I certainly agree with TMNT.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 3
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2014, 08:09:18 AM »
No this is too quick :< All i can think about is that it ends completely after this season. :< What if they end the avatar cycle :<

It's already hinted that she isn't needed much anymore if the airbenders end up doing a good job keeping peace.

~While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.~
-Iroh

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2014, 11:45:30 AM »
I don't think an avatar will ever be not needed. XD Besides, the airbenders are only temporarily "taking over" Korra's job.

Offline KidPhillip

• Combustion Bender
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
  • Assassin
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2014, 12:57:16 AM »
IM SO EXCITED AS WELL
then on the other hand im pretty sad that after this, no Korra, No avatar :(

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 01:43:39 AM »
Aren't we all? XD

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.