Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 310 - Long Live the Queen  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: 310 - Long Live the Queen
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2014, 08:04:47 PM »
Wonder how the Earth Queen reacted to that. I bet she wouldn't have been too pleased to find out that her father was naming/named a fort after his pet bear. Maybe she was jealous of Bosco and that's why she "ate" him? XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 3
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2014, 03:59:34 PM »
It's a good thing most airbenders were pacifists and not like Zaheer.

Is just me or did anyone get mad when Zaheer killed the earth queen. He claims to worship that geru lahima guy and he was an airbender. All in all this episode made me angry. Three seasons in and bolin and Mako still can't do much damage and the fact that ba sing se was basically destroyed in a matter of seconds. In my opinion this shouldn't have happened to the earth queen. It just puts what the white lotus did to save it to major shame.

~While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.~
-Iroh

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »

Is just me or did anyone get mad when Zaheer killed the earth queen. He claims to worship that geru lahima guy and he was an airbender. All in all this episode made me angry. Three seasons in and bolin and Mako still can't do much damage and the fact that ba sing se was basically destroyed in a matter of seconds. In my opinion this shouldn't have happened to the earth queen. It just puts what the white lotus did to save it to major shame.
Eh, he's just taking the teachings of the Guru too far or out of context. ("in order to create you must destroy" and "true order is chaos" or whatever. I know that's not the exact quotes, but that's the basic meaning.) 

And really, the Red Lotus believes that all forms of rulers are a disgrace anyway, so its not like Zaheer would have any qualms about taking her life. And not that I'm disregarding your anger, the Earth Queen was a pretty crappy person, so I didn't really feel much for her.  The people are free and they can do as they please. Be it for their own good or not. Haha.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 3
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2014, 07:34:14 AM »

Yea the Earth queen was shitty but now the city is in complete chaos. What angers me is not so much the loss of the queen but the downfall of such a huge city and part of history.  It happened so quick I wish there would have been more of a fight. It all seemed to easy.

Eh, he's just taking the teachings of the Guru too far or out of context. ("in order to create you must destroy" and "true order is chaos" or whatever. I know that's not the exact quotes, but that's the basic meaning.) 

And really, the Red Lotus believes that all forms of rulers are a disgrace anyway, so its not like Zaheer would have any qualms about taking her life. And not that I'm disregarding your anger, the Earth Queen was a pretty crappy person, so I didn't really feel much for her.  The people are free and they can do as they please. Be it for their own good or not. Haha.

~While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.~
-Iroh

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2014, 06:39:26 PM »

Yea the Earth queen was shitty but now the city is in complete chaos. What angers me is not so much the loss of the queen but the downfall of such a huge city and part of history.  It happened so quick I wish there would have been more of a fight. It all seemed to easy.

Heaven knows it wouldn't be the first time that peaceful beliefs have been twisted into something worse.

I got the feeling that the wall the Lavabender brought down was the upper ring wall, separating the upper classes from everyone else.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2014, 12:49:20 AM »
That's what I've heard too. I was under the impression it was the outer wall, but I think you're right. XD

Offline Waterbender16

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2014, 07:17:22 PM »
I particularly liked Zaheer's announcement on the radio.
And... wow... Oxygen bending?!? Right after blood bending, we have oxygen bending?! Okayow here's some purely creepy epicness!!

Offline The Banished Prince

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 53
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2015, 11:58:08 PM »
I like Zaheer.

Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty and become wind.

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2015, 07:52:47 PM »
I kinda do too--even before his little cameo in Book 4.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2015, 07:49:52 PM »
He's definitely a more interesting antogonist than Unalaq!

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
I kinda do too--even before his little cameo in Book 4.

Same here. His cameo in Book 4 only made him even more likable though. It cemented him as one of my fav characters in the avatarverse.

He's definitely a more interesting antogonist than Unalaq!

This is most certainly true. Though it's not very difficult to be more interesting than Unalaq. He was easily the least interesting main antagonist in either series. His son may be the only character that's less interesting at all.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2015, 03:53:37 PM »
Actually, I'd take Desna over Unalaq any day. But yes, Unalaq was the least interesting antagonist of either series. The other antagonists make up for it, though. XD

• Metalbender
  • Round 2!
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2015, 05:58:59 PM »
I'm curious, what about Desna did you find interesting?

I mean, it's not very hard to be more interesting than Unalaq, but I just didn't see anything from him.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2015, 10:38:46 PM »
I think she's just saying that even someone as boring and unimportant as Desna (I don't dislike him, he's kinda funny) is more interesting than Unalaq.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2015, 01:29:13 AM »
At least Desna had a character arc.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2015, 02:04:18 AM »
Well, kinda. He at least had more personality, felt more like a three dimensional character. Unalaq was just the typical cliche evil villain. Even Ozai had more on him.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2015, 06:24:38 AM »
Desna realized his father was abusive and only using him as a pawn to get what he wanted, decided to go against his father's wishes and actively fight against him.

Unalaq... Uh... Well, he was a slimeball... Who became a way bigger slimeball... Who became an enormous, literally skyscraper-sized, slimeball... Aaaand that's about it.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 12:46:57 AM »
I say kinda though because it was super short of a development, really last minute. Not bad though.

Vaatu is more interesting and he's literally just chaos and darkness embodied.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2015, 02:01:17 AM »
Vaatu is more interesting and he's literally just chaos and darkness embodied.
But that works because that's exactly what he's supposed to be. Unalaq is supposed to be a human being, which is why his one-dimensional character doesn't work. Vaatu gets Concept As Character privileges.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2015, 02:17:24 AM »
I know, but if you look at Vaatu from a different angle, not necessarily as he's supposed to be but as the typical archetype then he's well typical. Yet he'd still be better than Unalaq even if he wasn't the embodiment of chaos.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.