Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Korrasami  (Read 38409 times)

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 73
Korrasami
« on: December 02, 2012, 02:41:32 AM »
Aw yeeeeeah.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:39:03 AM by Seluna »

Offline Harley Quinn

• hi puddin'
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 56
  • Formerly JHZ
    • my own site yo
Re: Korrasami
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:49:39 AM »
Why is no one in here? D:

As the resident slasher I remedy this!

Joking aside, I really do actually support this ship. I wish it were possible to be canon. I've read some incredible fic that made me cry.

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 04:52:45 AM »
YES FELLOW SHIPPER <3

Gosh, that fanart is gorgeous. And I honestly think their personalities would go well together. I'm disappointed that they didn't get much interaction in S1.

Offline Harley Quinn

• hi puddin'
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Formerly JHZ
    • my own site yo
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 04:59:28 AM »
There's a bit fanart for them, both safe for work and not. But the top pic I posted is one of the best. It actually made me gasp when I first saw it, it's so beautiful.

I'm also disappointed they didn't get much interaction. It was enough to pass the Bechdel test, but barely. I would absolutely love an episode in the next season of just them on an adventure, bonding together. omg this brings back many Kigo (Kim Possible/Shego) memories for me <3

I know the show can't do it because it's Nick and they have to follow rules and don't want to upset parents - but I would like just for once, for male characters to be close friends and support a girl/girl romantic relationship.  Even if they both were to start off with the guys but then wind up falling for each other, with the boys still being supportive friends, would be wonderful.

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 05:04:19 AM »
There's a bit fanart for them, both safe for work and not. But the top pic I posted is one of the best. It actually made me gasp when I first saw it, it's so beautiful.

I'm also disappointed they didn't get much interaction. It was enough to pass the Bechdel test, but barely. I would absolutely love an episode in the next season of just them on an adventure, bonding together. omg this brings back many Kigo (Kim Possible/Shego) memories for me <3

I know the show can't do it because it's Nick and they have to follow rules and don't want to upset parents - but I would like just for once, for male characters to be close friends and support a girl/girl romantic relationship.  Even if they both were to start off with the guys but then wind up falling for each other, with the boys still being supportive friends, would be wonderful.

Agreed 9000%

Sadly we live in this generation where it's ~socially unacceptable for a children's cartoon~

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 05:06:16 AM »

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Harley Quinn

• hi puddin'
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Formerly JHZ
    • my own site yo
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 05:14:22 AM »
omg that one's adorable <3 and so true. Asami would be much better at helping ease hurts <3

I remember reading there was going to be a Nick JR show that had a character with same gender parents. But obviously that never made it onscreen. Which is a shame, because as more states legalize gay marriage and it becomes progressively more "normal" there will be more kids who have gay parents. So not only do kids who aren't straight feel weird but so do kids who may not be gay but their parents are.

It'd just be nice for there to be a mainstream show aimed at the under 18 audience that has gay characters (they don't have to do more than hug and kiss! and not even making out!) and shows it as normal. Which includes have it progress like any other relationship would.

Even though Asami is minor (for now) I feel like if the wrote her into the show more, she too could be a really powerful female figure. Not to sound like a Super Feminist, but it would be great for the show to focus on two strong young women for once rather than a girl and some boys or a guy and gal.

Plus who better to help Korra with those who still agree with Equalists that nonbenders are oppressed? Asami, or one of the fellow bender boys?  Asami as a nonbender herself, knows what they feel. While she's able to overcome it, she knows not everyone else is as lucky. Korra is too stubborn and headstrong ("You're oppressing yourselves!") .  While I bet the issue is no longer in the story since Amon is gone, if it were Korra would need someone like Asami to show her where she's wrong and help her relate and help ease the tension between benders and nonbenders.

In regards to current S2 information, I really hope Asami is in the story more. Mako and Bolin may not be the best to help show Korra she shouldn't abuse her powers. And since when does she listen to Tenzin right away? While Asami doesn't have bending powers, she has her smarts, money, and political power. And after seeing what happened to her father and Amon she knows the dangers of getting haughty and abusing it.  I hope Asami plays a big role in helping Korra.

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 05:20:14 AM »
CAS WHY ARE YOUR POSTS SO PERF ???

It's time the ladies step up and become the leads. I do still want Bolin and Mako to be a part of the show, but it'd be amazing if Asami became a main lead. And I agree with Asami being able to help Korra realize the nonbender oppression. Well, I just agree with your whole post because you're waaaay better at articulating things than me.

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2012, 05:27:21 AM »

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 05:29:31 AM »
I ship this now. I don't even know why. It's legit. I guess Yuri shipping is starting to grow on me.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Harley Quinn

• hi puddin'
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Formerly JHZ
    • my own site yo
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 05:39:27 AM »
CAS WHY ARE YOUR POSTS SO PERF ???

It's time the ladies step up and become the leads. I do still want Bolin and Mako to be a part of the show, but it'd be amazing if Asami became a main lead. And I agree with Asami being able to help Korra realize the nonbender oppression. Well, I just agree with your whole post because you're waaaay better at articulating things than me.

IT'S BECAUSE I'M AN ANGEL OF THE LORD. I KNOW ALL.

Just kidding. D'awwww <3 I'm more articulate than normal because I took a painkiller for a migraine and it makes me more looseygoosey and open in regards to feelings. And shipping inspires a lot fo feelings. I'm almost as passionate about Korrasami as I was about Jetko and Tyzula. 

I mean Willow and Tara on Buffy proved a girl/girl relationship could be done well without seeming like pandering or whatever.  It just makes me feel sad at Mike and Bryan. Between Borra not happening and probably no Korrasami I can't help but side-eye them when they're praised for writing and breaking barriers or whatever. What barriers? Korra got the pretty jerk bad boy.  Their relationship didn't actually develop. Heck, Korra/Asami developed more.

and omg Nightcrawler where are you finding these adorable arts <3

I'm openly bi and actually dated a girl for about two years. Korrasami at times makes me long for a love like that again. Not just with a girl, but the kind of relationship. The close feminine bond.  Korra has so many masculine traits that with the boy characters, even romantically, she's more one of the guys. But Asami really brings out the femininity in her. In the scenes with Asami, she looks beautiful as opposed to awesome.

If I still had the time/patience to write I'd love to write a fic where Korra and Asami team up to figure out how to resolve the bender vs nonbender oppression and Korra tries to get Asami on the council as a representative of nonbenders to voice their concerns.  Cause they are practically their own nation in comparison.  Plus they could bond over what a jerk Mako actually is and that could bring them closer!  (I'm sorry for the Mako bashing, I liked him at first honestly. But now with everything he's just grating. Why did he win? What did he do that's so great? He's worse than Zuko at times.)

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2012, 05:44:42 AM »
Quote from:
But Asami really brings out the femininity in her. In the scenes with Asami, she looks beautiful as opposed to awesome.

Agreed. I really love that aspect about Korrasami. <3

Offline Harley Quinn

• hi puddin'
  • Lightningbender
  • Round 2!
  • Formerly JHZ
    • my own site yo
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 04:28:18 AM »
I'd like to deposit some arts

Arts gimme feels yo

Offline Secrets

• feathered and lethal
  • Round 2!
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 04:29:47 AM »
SEXYFINE OVERLOAD

WHY MUST THIS SHIP BE /THIS/ HOT

Offline Glitch

• Caleb
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 116
  • Appreciate every mistake your friends make.
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 06:11:16 PM »
Keep in mind that this is shipping discussion, guys. Not art-dump threads. XD If you have some artwork you wanna share, please take it over to the ALOK Fan Art board, alright? If it's good enough to be posted, it deserves to be properly shared so it's credited, right? :] Thx<3

Offline aangismyhomie

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 9
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 06:57:40 PM »
This ship is so HOT! But I love that it can be cute as well.
Love is brightest in the dark :)

Offline gurugoodygoody31

• Stay Flamin'!
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 6
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 03:46:37 PM »
I ship this now. I don't even know why. It's legit. I guess Yuri shipping is starting to grow on me.

I agree it just grew on me for a yuri

Offline Crystle

• Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 46
    • DA
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 04:39:57 PM »
Ah, my ship. How I love it so.

This is really the only ship I approve of so hard in Korra. Cas said just about everything I would. They bring out all these wonderful qualities in one another and I just... They're cute and it just feels so natural to ship it.

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »
This is not my thing,but that art of Korra removing her shirt is hot.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline lilithxchan

• Metalbender
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 28
  • Korrasami Expert
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 01:45:11 AM »
Ahhh! I'm ashamed to be so late to the party! I feel even more ashamed that I didn't start the topic >.<

Look at this ship! Isn't it just perfect?

I can see Korra coming home with cuts and bruises Asami fretting, and threatening to zap those responsible!

She just brings out this softer quality in Korra in the still of night. I am just so in love with this ship.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.