Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 309 - The Stakeout  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
Re: 309 - The Stakeout
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2014, 03:16:12 PM »
If the council could avoid corruption and such, they might be more effective than Raiko, but the whole reason they were disbanded was because of corruption and because the people weren't really being reperesented. But at this point, I'm sure the fandom would take anyone over Raiko. XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 3
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2014, 03:28:41 PM »
If the council could avoid corruption and such, they might be more effective than Raiko, but the whole reason they were disbanded was because of corruption and because the people weren't really being reperesented. But at this point, I'm sure the fandom would take anyone over Raiko. XD

Ha right, I am excited to see what happens.  This season is getting pretty intense, I don't think Zaheer is the main enemy. In this episode he said they are fighting for the same cause.

~While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.~
-Iroh

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »
Yeah, but the that's not quite true. I mean, they both are fighting to bring balance to the world, but Zaheer & co. are under the impression that disorder is the only true order of things, so I don't think he can be discounted as Korra's enemy just yet. The Avatar exists to create order and it sounds more like Zaheer and the Red Lotus just want to topple all governments whether they are good and bad and sit back and watch as chaos wreaks havoc. Besides, his cryptic response at the end about what they'd do once they had Korra doesn't suggest it's anything too pleasant. XD

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2014, 04:05:33 PM »
Yeah, but the that's not quite true. I mean, they both are fighting to bring balance to the world, but Zaheer & co. are under the impression that disorder is the only true order of things, so I don't think he can be discounted as Korra's enemy just yet. The Avatar exists to create order and it sounds more like Zaheer and the Red Lotus just want to topple all governments whether they are good and bad and sit back and watch as chaos wreaks havoc. Besides, his cryptic response at the end about what they'd do once they had Korra doesn't suggest it's anything too pleasant. XD

Yes, but the Earth Queen could be planning something far more problematic. They might have to work together.

Look at what just happened, the Red Lotus has been trying to capture Korra sense the beginning of the season and the Dy Lee captured her in a matter of minutes. I think the earth queen is up to something big.. Real big.

~While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.~
-Iroh

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2014, 04:27:29 PM »
Perhaps, but I have a hard time imagining Korra would willingly help Zaheer and the Red Lotus after what he told her. He did try to kidnap her when she was a child. As for th Earth Queen planning something big, it's possible that she might have something more in store. But, so far, it sounds like she's just cranky because Aang and Zuko took land from her father to establish the United Republic and she can't have it back. And on top of that, Korra took "her airbenders" and threw a wrench in her plans to build an airbender army, so she could just want revenge for all of that. But, as it stands, the Earth Queen hasn't been in the more recent episodes, so aside from what the wanted posters say, we don't know what else she really has in store.

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2014, 04:45:25 PM »
Of course Korra wont help willingly but I feel it might be forced.

Also, sense there was a Dark avatar does that mean it could be reborn into someone else just like the Light avatar?

-Iroh

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 04:56:25 PM »
Oh! ^^'

That's actually a good question, but since Vaatu is locked away again, I doubt it would happen. Also, it would seem he'd need a "host" and I can't imagine there are very many people who would want to turn into a dark Avatar of merge with Vaatu. XD

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 05:13:27 PM »
Oh! ^^'

That's actually a good question, but since Vaatu is locked away again, I doubt it would happen. Also, it would seem he'd need a "host" and I can't imagine there are very many people who would want to turn into a dark Avatar of merge with Vaatu. XD

I don't remember him being trapped just that genora helped korra destroy him.

Might have to rewatch that episode
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 05:15:52 PM by Kuzon »

-Iroh

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 05:15:00 PM »
Zaheer even said Unalaq or even anyone to form a bond with Vaatu was not in their plans. I'm sure Zheer has no plans for Vaatu at all.

I think the Earth Queen wants to go to war with the United Republic and keep Korra imprisoned so she cannot do anything about it, or maybe use her as leverage or to blackmail her. Just ideas, but whatever it is I don't think it's good.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 05:18:49 PM »
Well we all know it wont happen this season, its to soon I was thinking maybe a future season. Sorry for the off topic question.

Also, there is a lot that could happen.

Zaheer might attack the queen if they are desperate enough to capture korra.

but what about mako and bolin?  They were captured, maybe they will use them as a trade to get korra.

-Iroh

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
Maybe, but I can't see how a trade would benefit the Earth Queen. As for Zaheer attacking her, I'm sure no one would really have a problem with that. XD

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2014, 06:35:21 PM »
Very interesting conversations going on here. I'm not sure what the Earth Queen is planning, if she's planning anything at all. I can see why having the Avatar imprisoned will benefit her, but not Asami, Bolin, or Mako. Like Cassidy said, trading Mako and Bolin for Korra and Asami won't benefit her at all. Why would she trade the Avatar for two random benders?

I'm wondering what's in store for Korra and Asami in the next episode. Are they just gonna be thrown in prison to rot or are there plans for them?

On a different note, anyone think Aiwei will be saved from the Fog of Lost Souls? At first I thought maybe someone will go in and get him, but after all the crap that happened afterwards, there's too much going on to worry about him.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Reyna

• Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 20
  • Nothing is Completely Useless.
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 06:43:30 PM »
Loved this episode, it reminded me of how I used to enjoy ATLA episodes, which is really darn good thing.

Nickelodeon is a fool for making Korra digital-only at the point the series starts to shine more than ever.

I was disappointed with one thing this episode though... I was hoping for Bolin to start lava-bending when Mako was knocked down. I really was hoping to see him shine for once =/......

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 06:47:29 PM »
Very interesting conversations going on here. I'm not sure what the Earth Queen is planning, if she's planning anything at all. I can see why having the Avatar imprisoned will benefit her, but not Asami, Bolin, or Mako. Like Cassidy said, trading Mako and Bolin for Korra and Asami won't benefit her at all. Why would she trade the Avatar for two random benders?

I'm wondering what's in store for Korra and Asami in the next episode. Are they just gonna be thrown in prison to rot or are there plans for them?

On a different note, anyone think Aiwei will be saved from the Fog of Lost Souls? At first I thought maybe someone will go in and get him, but after all the crap that happened afterwards, there's too much going on to worry about him.

I don't think saving him is high on the priority list at the moment, but maybe after everything is more or less resolved, Su might ask for Aiwei to be brought back so she can interrogate him.

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 07:21:07 PM »

I think Zaheer is going to break Korra out and there will be a little work together against the dy lee. If they are still as badass as they were in ATLA they will be tough to stop alone.

Cause in the end, Zaheer said they were going to Ba Sing Se.

I wonder if we are gonna see some iroh, cause in the second season we found out he was living with the spirits so I wonder because of the portals being open if he can roam free as a spirit.

Another question is, if she will ever be able to connect with her past lives. I find it really disappointing that they killed them off cause I am sure all of us want to see old wise Aang.

-Iroh

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2014, 08:56:53 PM »

I think Zaheer is going to break Korra out and there will be a little work together against the dy lee. If they are still as badass as they were in ATLA they will be tough to stop alone.

I wonder if we are gonna see some iroh, cause in the second season we found out he was living with the spirits so I wonder because of the portals being open if he can roam free as a spirit.

Another question is, if she will ever be able to connect with her past lives. I find it really disappointing that they killed them off cause I am sure all of us want to see old wise Aang.
We sort of did. When He spoke to Tenzin in the fog of lost spirits.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 09:22:07 PM »
All the past Avatars were not "killed off". Korra just lost her connection to them. As for her being able to reconnect with them, I have no idea. Maybe at the end of this season or season 4 it'll happen.

As for spirit Iroh leaving the portal to chill with the living, I'm not sure. I know random spirit creatures can hang around, but for actual humans... I dunno. Seems... too easy. Plus, even if Iroh COULD leave, would he want to? I mean yeah, he can see Zuko again, but Iroh doesn't seem like the type to leave the Spirit World, where things are great for him, to enter the chaos of what's going on. Plus, what can spirit Iroh do? Don't think he can bend.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2014, 03:35:31 AM »
I mean yeah, he can see Zuko again, but Iroh doesn't seem like the type to leave the Spirit World, where things are great for him, to enter the chaos of what's going on. Plus, what can spirit Iroh do? Don't think he can bend.
Iroh stepped in and firebent Zhao's ass out of the Spirit Oasis single-handedly and decidedly even before Zuko and he were on Team Avatar's side. Iroh steps up when the situation calls for it (I think he just knows when words of wisdom are far more useful). I think if he thought it was worth doing, he would. It's also possible he just doesn't know about it.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2014, 06:16:50 AM »
I was disappointed with one thing this episode though... I was hoping for Bolin to start lava-bending when Mako was knocked down. I really was hoping to see him shine for once =/......

I had thought about Bolin doing that as well, but I was pretty positive it wasn't going to happen.

All the past Avatars were not "killed off". Korra just lost her connection to them. As for her being able to reconnect with them, I have no idea. Maybe at the end of this season or season 4 it'll happen.

As for spirit Iroh leaving the portal to chill with the living, I'm not sure. I know random spirit creatures can hang around, but for actual humans... I dunno. Seems... too easy. Plus, even if Iroh COULD leave, would he want to? I mean yeah, he can see Zuko again, but Iroh doesn't seem like the type to leave the Spirit World, where things are great for him, to enter the chaos of what's going on. Plus, what can spirit Iroh do? Don't think he can bend.

I don't think Iroh would leave even if he could. The only reason I could think of is just to say hi to Zuko maybe. Iroh knows better and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't inter fear with Korra and her dilemmas. They are for her and her allies to deal with, not his. When he was alive, I'm sure Aang had asked for his advice on things or his help, but now because he is no longer living I'm pretty positive he wouldn't act physically about anything. So, I agree with you Autumn. And whether he would be able to bend or not is a good question, but I don't think he would. My guess is humans appear more like regular spirits do than a physical human does.

I would love to see Iroh II make a return though and help them out.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2014, 07:31:36 AM »

We sort of did. When He spoke to Tenzin in the fog of lost spirits.

That wasn't really aang though, tenzin was on the verge of going insane. I think it was a helpfull hallucination..

I want to see something like how Roku showed Aang his past.

-Iroh

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.