Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: 309 - The Stakeout  (Read 4119 times)

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
309 - The Stakeout
« on: August 01, 2014, 02:14:32 PM »
Discuss Season 3, episode 9 of LoK, The Stakeout!

the doctor is out...

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
Re: 309 - The Stakeout
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 02:38:39 PM »
That was good. This season feels more cohesive, and like it's actually as mature as Korra's main selling point implies.

And Zahir throwing Ai Wei into the pit of lost souls was horrific, even for an antagonist.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline bearboymcg

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 72
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 03:57:04 PM »
This was a pretty interesting episode:D It was cool finally hearing what Zaheer's group is about:)

Beautiful Kataang set made by my Secret Santa:D

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »
aaaaaaaaaaaand we're back to the cliffhangers

seriously, that was crazy

the doctor is out...

Offline Tiger

• Chi Blocker
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 110
  • I'm the Wan and the only
    • My DA
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 05:16:53 PM »
There are so many interesting points popping up like daisies in this episode, I love it!

older sigs (click to show/hide)

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2014, 05:58:23 PM »
The episode was AMAZING! I'm just gonna copy/paste the review I posted on Tumblr cause too many things happening! Including the beginning part where I talk about my frustrations with my idiot laptop and the end where I complain about being at my sisters house all day next Friday. So, read.

(click to show/hide)Just watched The Steakout! I had a lot of frustration because my computer and the video player wouldn’t FRIGGIN COOPERATE causing the video to freeze but the audio to keep going and taking about five minutes to GET THE STUPID THING TO WORK causing me to GET VIOLENT WITH THE DAMN THING!

Anyway, here are my thoughts about the episode (probably a lot of out of order things):

OMG! The episode was AWESOME! The Misty Palms Oasis sure has grown since The Library. Then again, 70 years ago. Yeah.

Lin didn’t seem as upset as I thought she would be. I thought we’d get more of the fight in Old Wounds. I have a feeling Lin’s gonna go after them.

I KNEW those people following Mako and Bolin were secretly mover fans, even though that thought briefly went through my mind before I’m like “Nah, that’d be ridiculous” Shows how much I know. And the Nuktuk doll was hilarious.

I also loved the spirits that were hanging around. Not all friendly though with that one who bites. :P

Before moving onto the main points in the episode, the Pai Sho games between Bolin and Asami was epic, and them arguing about the rules and Korra like “I’ll get right on that after rebuilding the Air Nation and dealing with Zaheer” (Not actual quote obviously, but I don’t remember exactly what she said). Gotta have that humor.

Now, Korra following Aiwei (not sure if it’s spelled correctly) into the Spirit World. And OMG! Aiwei being thrown into the Fog of Lost Souls. I’m like “Hooooly s**t!” Wonder if Korra or anyone’s gonna save them. I was thinking she would, but after what happened afterwards, probably far from her mind. Plus, a Fog of Lost Souls save has been done.

I didn’t even think that Unalaq and Zaheer and co were on the same side, but after Zaheer’s explanation, it makes perfect sense. So they wanted to capture Korra to teach her differently than the White Lotus? That’s what I gathered.

And that part with Zaheer’s body like “Avatar. Misty Palms Inn. Go get them.” Another one of those “Ohhhhhh s**t!” moments. Wasn’t aware it was possible for a spiritless body to speak consciously like that, but I guess I was wrong! Call me a romantic, but I thought it was sweet when P’Li told the other two to go and she’d watch over Zaheer.

The fight between Ming Hua, Gazan, Mako, and Bolin was epic. Mako and Bolin didn’t look too good when they were brought back to Zaheer and P’Li. Wonder what’s gonna happen to them…

At the end with Asami and Korrabal Lecter, I thought they were caught by Gazan. NOPE! And what happened to Naga? :(

Anyway, like most LOK episodes, my ending note is: WHAT THE HELL BRYKE?! You do NOT end an episode like this!

So what’s next? Long Live the Queen? Ugh. I’ll be at my sisters when the episode becomes available online. Noon is when my older nephew goes down for a nap. Hoping my younger nephew goes down with him. He demands attention 24/7 and I don’t wanna wait the 6 hours before I’m home to watch. Guess we’ll see what happens.

Hadda make a few edits due to language. :P I also needa specify a buncha stuff. Meh. Too much work.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 06:00:41 PM by Autumn »

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Shiavin

• Waterbender/Healer
  • Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 5
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 10:35:47 PM »
Well that was intense... sheesh.

Now I am really convinced that Su is supporting the Red Lotus, but not because she is evil or anything, just because she thinks it is right... Lin is the part with rules, an order, a system. Su is the part of chaos and freedom, two sides of a medal.

I wonder if the Red Lotus is as "friendly" as Zaheer told. It seems like they do not want to hurt or kill Korra, so I'm really excited to see what they will be doing after they reach Ba Sing Se.

Anyways, the cliffhangers are killing me. I was sitting there like "This was it? Seriously!?"
This season is so unbelievably good in comparison to the last one.. just wow.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2014, 11:50:14 PM »
Wow, that episode was intense! We finally know what the Red Lotus is up to, but I'm still skeptical about their motivation and such. I'm nervous and eager to see what they have in store for the bending brothers, though, and what the Earth Queen has in store for Korra and Asami.

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2014, 12:23:09 AM »
This episode was incredible. My favorite one yet.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 12:33:40 AM »
I'm always hesitant to pick one because they keep getting better and better. :D

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2014, 01:16:25 AM »
I'm always hesitant to pick one because they keep getting better and better. :D
I KNOW! My two favorites are The Metal Clan and Old Wounds. Can't choose between the two.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Nightcrawler

• Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 52
  • sig via tumblr, icon by delanynder
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2014, 04:24:23 AM »
Wow, I just don't even know where to begin.

I was interested in hearing about Zaheer and the Red Lotus, but dang. I mean, it sounds like something I would join because it honestly would fit me better. In a way I do hate world leaders in general and hate how they are almost always corrupt. The Red Lotus doesn't want this. But, a world without leaders would essentially just fall apart. So I don't really know what Zaheer and the Red Lotus are planning on doing after they would have achieved this.

It would be something I could see myself in, but then again I probably wouldn't because of the chaos in the world that would ensue. I would go insane if there wasn't at least some order to the world. I think the Earth Queen and the President of the United Republic need to be removed and changed with people who are completely different and will allow freedom, but just enough so there is no chaos.

I feel like Mako and Bolin have been lacking a lot in battle lately. Like they have almost become worse. To me they don't seem like either of them are being creative enough with their bending and strong enough with it. When was the last time we've seen Mako bend lightning even? I don't know, I'm not trying to sound rude about it or bash them, but I feel like they could be doing better.

I kind of feel bad for Ai Wei now too after Zaheer threw his spirit into the Fog of Lost Souls.

I'm loving the Korra and Asami moments though.

Everyone's story begins once upon a time...and it's up to us to cherish the time we're given to ensure we live happily ever after.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2014, 05:06:55 AM »
Mako hasn't bent lightning at all in Book 3, but there's that theory floating around that lightning can only be generated by emotionally stable benders or something along those lines, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Offline WinterStar

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 9
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 08:59:23 AM »
Oh wow, that was intense! Zaheer's one awesome villain. I've always loved it when the hero and the villain have a talk in some place where they don't get violent and chat about ideologies. It gives so much more depth.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 01:01:40 PM »
Yes! That whole scene was great. There were times Zaheer was starting  to sound and look less like an "evil" antagonist and the voice acting and animation were phenomenal in that regard.

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 3
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2014, 02:13:39 PM »
Zaheer is right about one thing, the white lotus was supposed to be a group who maintains peace when the avatar is not around, now they are just guards for prisons and body guards for the avatar.  They arn't even that great of benders either.  When I think about white lotus I think about bumi, iroh etc... and they were the greatest. As for the ones now, they are just average benders who couldn't even hold their own against equalists in the first season.

Sorry if my grammar is off lol!

~While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.~
-Iroh

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2014, 02:21:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people agree with Zaheer on that. The OWL doesn't seem to be so elite anymore; it seems like anyone can join provided they have some type of fighting skills. And, they haven't been very good at being bodyguards/guards anyway. XD

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2014, 02:28:21 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people agree with Zaheer on that. The OWL doesn't seem to be so elite anymore; it seems like anyone can join provided they have some type of fighting skills. And, they haven't been very good at being bodyguards/guards anyway. XD

They needed numbers, so that means less training I guess.

Also, I wish zuko had a bigger part in this, he has been seen twice this whole season.  If anyone can help Korra with dealing with change it is zuko.

And you would think that with zuko being an old wise man he would have done better against zaheer and them.

~While it is always best to believe in one’s self, a little help from others can be a great blessing.~
-Iroh

Offline Cassidy Alice

• Task Force
  • Winner!
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »
Yeah, I think that was the case. Either that or after the old masters such as Iroh had passed the new ones weren't as knowledgeable about the ways of the OWL and over time their teachings just got lost and/or diluted, so to speak, until they became nothing more than glorified guards, as Zaheer put it.

And in regards to Zuko's fight with Zaheer and the Red Lotus, I think it was because he was "old" that he didn't. For a man his age, Zuko is insanely fit and I thought he did admirably well, but given that the Red Lotus are all special types of benders and that Zuko himself said they could destroy the world the world, it makes sense that he wouldn't be able to best them. Also, I don't think he was expecting Zaheer to have airbending. XD

Offline Kuzon

• Pro-bending Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 03:00:06 PM »
Well that is understandable, but more could have been done in my opinion.  He knew about combustion woman and saw how sokka stopped combustion man. Should have had a plan thought up. but what happen happened.  I am eager to see the end of season three.  I think there is a bigger Enemy that they have to work together to fight cause if the red lotus are as powerfull as they said they would have korra already.
<< Post Merge: August 02, 2014, 03:05:24 PM >>

Wow, I just don't even know where to begin.

I was interested in hearing about Zaheer and the Red Lotus, but dang. I mean, it sounds like something I would join because it honestly would fit me better. In a way I do hate world leaders in general and hate how they are almost always corrupt. The Red Lotus doesn't want this. But, a world without leaders would essentially just fall apart. So I don't really know what Zaheer and the Red Lotus are planning on doing after they would have achieved this.

It would be something I could see myself in, but then again I probably wouldn't because of the chaos in the world that would ensue. I would go insane if there wasn't at least some order to the world. I think the Earth Queen and the President of the United Republic need to be removed and changed with people who are completely different and will allow freedom, but just enough so there is no chaos.

I feel like Mako and Bolin have been lacking a lot in battle lately. Like they have almost become worse. To me they don't seem like either of them are being creative enough with their bending and strong enough with it. When was the last time we've seen Mako bend lightning even? I don't know, I'm not trying to sound rude about it or bash them, but I feel like they could be doing better.

I kind of feel bad for Ai Wei now too after Zaheer threw his spirit into the Fog of Lost Souls.

I'm loving the Korra and Asami moments though.

I think they should bring the council back. The president is just crap.  Republic city is gonna fall apart do to the negativity with in the city.

Korra is gonna return and its gonna be consumed by evil spirits just watch.  The president is gonna try his hardest to get rid of the spirits using violence and the end its gonna be war with the spirits.

Remember this post for when happens in the finally and watch me gloat about how I am right or, be sad cause I was completely wrong.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 03:05:24 PM by Kuzon »

-Iroh

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.