Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Book 3 goes on hiatus this Friday  (Read 7070 times)

Offline aanglover

• Elite Borra Metalbender
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
Re: Book 3 goes on hiatus this Friday
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2014, 01:06:17 AM »
I dont know about all of you but i am absolutely livid about this......ive recorded every single dargone episode of avatar ever (starting with recordable vhs's....really...VHS's)  and now theyre denying me that???? really....just to watch it online and cast it aside for more spongebob........this is absolutely obsurd. I never watch it online...always on tv when it airs....how am i going to transition from recording it and watching it whenever i want from my dvd to watching online....

its... just
NOT THE SAME and its a whole lotta bull!
I am so done with nickelodeon. never watching it again after this weekend.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:07:50 AM by aanglover »
click for HD

Keeps:
-Bolins look at Korra on Harmony Tower during their date
-Korras door busting abilities
-Bolin's pants-zipper scene
-the cake & rose Bolin gave Korra
-Anytime Toph calls Aang 'twinkletoes'

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2014, 01:15:21 AM »
I like Watchcartoononline, but it doesn't always have the best of quality, and I hate how it organizes/lists episodes. Still if it has TMNT and Gravity Falls then it might be the best site to settle with for now. Do you know if it has those two shows?
<< Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 08:34:32 PM >>

Alright. I was kinda afraid that it'd only available on sites that you have to pay for or have a subscription for. I guess Nick.com's my only option as much as I despise them. Hope they can handle all the traffic cause of course, the moment it's on the site, I'm watching.

I still refuse to use Nick.com. If watching it on some anime site or something else is considered illegal then I don't care, at least I'll be able to watch the episodes without much problem.
They have Gravity Falls, but I don't know about TMNT.

~Set by me~

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2014, 02:55:33 AM »
I like Watchcartoononline, but it doesn't always have the best of quality, and I hate how it organizes/lists episodes. Still if it has TMNT and Gravity Falls then it might be the best site to settle with for now. Do you know if it has those two shows?
<< Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 08:34:32 PM >>

Alright. I was kinda afraid that it'd only available on sites that you have to pay for or have a subscription for. I guess Nick.com's my only option as much as I despise them. Hope they can handle all the traffic cause of course, the moment it's on the site, I'm watching.

I still refuse to use Nick.com. If watching it on some anime site or something else is considered illegal then I don't care, at least I'll be able to watch the episodes without much problem.
The only reason why I'm gonna use nick.com is cause that's probably the first place it'll be uploaded. Watchcartoononline is alright, but that site and my laptop don't get along too well...

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline FIGJAM

• Traveler Unknown. Rabblerouser. The Trendsetter of TKC
  • Chi Blocker
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 37
  • I tried to pay attention, but attention paid me.
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2014, 03:08:53 AM »
People forget the long history of Nickelodeon abusing Bryke's creations (both Avatar and Korra). There was a long hiatus during the beginning of the first season of Avatar (after Imprisoned aired) and no official word on when it would come back. There was also the leaks of season 3 in early 2008 and almost no advertising for the finale until crunch time (around two weeks before the finale aired that summer). This is not unprecedented. Bryke have been nothing but classy to Nick and they keep getting burned. I've long thought they should take their talents to a more appreciative channel and I'm glad to see that they're at least going to a different medium.

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2014, 03:21:02 AM »
People forget the long history of Nickelodeon abusing Bryke's creations (both Avatar and Korra). There was a long hiatus during the beginning of the first season of Avatar (after Imprisoned aired) and no official word on when it would come back. There was also the leaks of season 3 in early 2008 and almost no advertising for the finale until crunch time (around two weeks before the finale aired that summer). This is not unprecedented. Bryke have been nothing but classy to Nick and they keep getting burned. I've long thought they should take their talents to a more appreciative channel and I'm glad to see that they're at least going to a different medium.
I am happy that they're taking the initiative to put it where everyone will appreciate it for what it is...but I just feel bad for people who love the show who can ONLY  watch or only know about it via tv.

Let's crash nick site when new episodes air everyone! Just get on the nick.com site (eventhough I really don't like their video player) and crash it! lol
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 03:25:15 AM by aanglover »
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline avatarcycle

• Pro-bending Fan
  • Championship Pot: 1
  • Wuz dis?
    • The Avatar Cycle
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2014, 09:14:08 AM »
If I have to watch Korra on the Nick.com video player I might stab the CEO.

Oddly enough, I don't experience any problems with Nick.com's video player.

Now the CBS video player... AAAHH!!

Hope they can handle all the traffic cause of course, the moment it's on the site, I'm watching.

I think they handled it fine when we all jumped the gun and watched the Book 2 finale online a week early.
The Avatar Cycle never stops

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2014, 04:34:11 PM »

Hope they can handle all the traffic cause of course, the moment it's on the site, I'm watching.

I think they handled it fine when we all jumped the gun and watched the Book 2 finale online a week early.
Oh yeah, forgot about that.

I'm still wondering what they're gonna do with the times. Like, will it be up Friday nights at 8? Thankfully, the Korra panel at comicon starts in a few hours, so we'll probably get answers then. But we're gonna have to wait till someone who is actually at comicon posts what they say.

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2014, 06:31:33 PM »
Oh, I could see them posting it up at 3:00 in the morning, just because they can.  Or whatever gets hit on the dartboard.  You know.  :D

I wasn't around for ATLA's Season 1 or 2, but I do remember the leaks of Season 3, and how they crammed the season's whole second half into one week.  Releasing the DVD of the shows before they even air?  Really?  And that was six years ago.  Now this.

I completely agree that Mike and Bryan have been nothing but classy about all of this, and they're the ones I really feel for.  Here they are, their work of several years getting mangled and then denied right when it's supposed to come out, and now they have to go before the world at SDCC, somehow hold in all their frustration, and not say what has to be foremost on their minds.  They have indeed been nothing but classy.

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2014, 06:38:30 PM »
News from Tumblr on the Korra Panel at Comic Con:

jennyatsdcc:

Bryan begins by talking about the change, the show is NOT cancelled. It is moving over to digital because of numbers- while on the air it got relatively low ratings, digital streaming was through the roof. Though the transition and announcement could have been done better, it will still be available, and it will start going online NEXT FRIDAY AUGUST 1ST WITH A NEW EPISODE EVERY WEEK, WITH A TWO PART SEASON 3 FINALE ON AUGUST 22.

the doctor is out...

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
(claps once)  Okay, good.  One episode a week.  Much better handling.

So digital was through the roof... interesting...  I wonder how the numbers compared with the broadcast ones?  At any rate, that's a bit of explanation I was looking for.

Thanks, Water!

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2014, 07:15:24 PM »
So it is airing on TV?

And that's good that at least it's not being completely forgotten by fans if the online streaming was doing really well. Still if Nick promoted it better, we wouldn't be having a problem with TV ratings in the first place.

Still won't make much of a difference to me though. -sighs- I finally realized how much it's gonna suck not to be able to watch my favorite shows on TV.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2014, 07:48:56 PM »
So it is airing on TV?

And that's good that at least it's not being completely forgotten by fans if the online streaming was doing really well. Still if Nick promoted it better, we wouldn't be having a problem with TV ratings in the first place.

Still won't make much of a difference to me though. -sighs- I finally realized how much it's gonna suck not to be able to watch my favorite shows on TV.
Episode 8 is airing on TV tonight. After that, no more episodes are airing on TV. Not sure about season 4 though.

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2014, 08:04:35 PM »
I know that, but it almost sounded like they weren't just talking about being online. I get it now by rereading it.

Offline terrik_zion

• TKC Contributor
  • Round 1!
  • Championship Pot: 35
  • Seluna's Lieutenant
    • Terrik's DA
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2014, 09:09:44 PM »
A couple thoughts on this.

First, I agree with everyone who's expressed their outrage over Nick's handling of the situation. (I could write an essay, but I'll leave it at that one line.)

Second, watching online may not be as good as watching it on TV, but here's a partial work-around: (I know of course it will only work for some people) Get laptop (equipped with HDMI out), attach HDMI out to TV. Browse to Nick website, load up episode, then mirror displays or move the browser over onto the TV (now being used as a second 'monitor'). Enjoy!

Granted, it will be lower quality video, but at least you can still sit on the couch and watch.

Even so... *shakes fist angrily at Nick* As a creator myself, I'm impressed with Bryke's handling of the situation. I'm not sure I would be able to keep my mouth shut if it were me up on that stage at SDCC.

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2014, 09:13:24 PM »
I really hope we hear their outrage at SDCC because they have every reason to be upset. But i get to watch it on my computer at leasst.....*sigh*..notthesame*
click for HD

Keeps:

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2014, 09:17:30 PM »
Yeah that wouldn't work on my computer. I have a mac so I need some stupid special thing to plug into my TV, plus full screen on this computer is terrible so it would make the TV worse. But it doesn't matter, I'm used to watching anime on my computer on small screens anyways.

I really hope we hear their outrage at SDCC because they have every reason to be upset. But i get to watch it on my computer at leasst.....*sigh*..notthesame*

They've already presented at the SDCC and them keeping cool about it is the smartest option right now.

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2014, 09:40:49 PM »
Someone who was at comicon gave a summary of the Korra panel. Here's what they hadda say about the changes:

"Bryan jumped into an explanation of the switching to digital thing right away. Apparently, Nick sees shows like Korra as part of a new model for distribution. It’s done phenomenally online, as evidenced by the enormous success of the Book Two finale when it premiered on Nick’s site, and since LoK doesn’t really fit well with the rest of Nick’s lineup, they decided to put it where it would have the most success."

Then:

"It does sound like the rug was kind of pulled out from under the creative team, though. Bryan mentioned he and Mike were upset about how the news and the rollout were handled."

A couple thoughts on this.

First, I agree with everyone who's expressed their outrage over Nick's handling of the situation. (I could write an essay, but I'll leave it at that one line.)

Second, watching online may not be as good as watching it on TV, but here's a partial work-around: (I know of course it will only work for some people) Get laptop (equipped with HDMI out), attach HDMI out to TV. Browse to Nick website, load up episode, then mirror displays or move the browser over onto the TV (now being used as a second 'monitor'). Enjoy!

Granted, it will be lower quality video, but at least you can still sit on the couch and watch.

Even so... *shakes fist angrily at Nick* As a creator myself, I'm impressed with Bryke's handling of the situation. I'm not sure I would be able to keep my mouth shut if it were me up on that stage at SDCC.
I wonder if my computer or laptop can do that. I remember when episodes 1 and 2 of LOK were on nick.com, my dad and I watched it in his den and he connected a cable from the computer to his TV and we watched that way. I needa ask him about that.

-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness

-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2014, 09:51:54 PM »
Yeah I can understand being upset and they have a huge right to be. But I have a lot of respect for Bryke for handling it as maturely as they did. But there were probably a lot of bagels and other foods to angrily butter hopefully. XDD

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2014, 09:55:27 PM »
Indeed props to Bryke for being so cool headed, but I know it just sucks how their work is being treated.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline aanglover

• Round 2!
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2014, 11:28:10 PM »
I feel for them. Im just glad they are the kind of people who can keep their cool (eventhough theyre probably internally screaming inside) when this kinda stuff happens.
click for HD

Keeps:

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.