Welcome, Guest!!
follow us on... Facebook twitter google youtube

Author Topic: Book 3 goes on hiatus this Friday  (Read 7070 times)

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 214
  • I'm Fenix and don't you forget it!!
Re: Book 3 goes on hiatus this Friday
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 01:06:22 AM »
I don't want Spongebob to be pulled off to air digitally, I want it to be pulled off for good. Should've been pulled off years ago. And then they need to put it back on Netflix so I can watch the old episodes when I'm bored.

I hope that if Bryke ever decide to animate another animated series, Avatar or not, that they go with a different tv station next time around.

Well this is a HUGE pain in the ass. So, what's gonna happen with season 4? I think it should air on Nicktoons and be available online for those who don't have Nicktoons. Of course, I'm just a bit biased cause I have Nicktoons... *Sigh* Guess we have to wait till Friday's Korra panel for more info.

Today started out so well. All went to hell pretty quickly. Knew this was too good to last...

We don't know, depends on how far away season 4 is. For all we know it could air on Nick itself once again, it'd be weird, but it's not like Nick has ever made a lot of sense in the way it treats its shows. I wonder if they'll end up pulling any other shows off air.
Of course they won't! I mean, look at all the AWESOME SHOWS on Nick these days! Spongebob, that rabbit thing, Sanjay and Craig, Spongebob, Breadwinners... Spongebob... that's pretty much it...

You never know, Korra isn't the only show that gets treated oddly on Nick. I'm not sure what ratings TMNT gets, but I'm pretty sure they've moved it 3 times now and season 2 has a had a ton of hiatus's lately.

Extraordinarily awesome sig by Zevinja!!

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 01:07:43 AM »

Well this is a HUGE pain in the ass. So, what's gonna happen with season 4? I think it should air on Nicktoons and be available online for those who don't have Nicktoons. Of course, I'm just a bit biased cause I have Nicktoons... *Sigh* Guess we have to wait till Friday's Korra panel for more info.

Today started out so well. All went to hell pretty quickly. Knew this was too good to last...

We don't know, depends on how far away season 4 is. For all we know it could air on Nick itself once again, it'd be weird, but it's not like Nick has ever made a lot of sense in the way it treats its shows. I wonder if they'll end up pulling any other shows off air.
Of course they won't! I mean, look at all the AWESOME SHOWS on Nick these days! Spongebob, that rabbit thing, Sanjay and Craig, Spongebob, Breadwinners... Spongebob... that's pretty much it...

...yeah. XD Personally, I think Korra is the best show on the network but I haven't made it a point to watch any other show besides ATLA and LoK on Nick since the old shows ended, so...I probably can't be one to judge.
<< Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 01:10:37 AM >>

I don't want Spongebob to be pulled off to air digitally, I want it to be pulled off for good. Should've been pulled off years ago. And then they need to put it back on Netflix so I can watch the old episodes when I'm bored.

I hope that if Bryke ever decide to animate another animated series, Avatar or not, that they go with a different tv station next time around.

You never know, Korra isn't the only show that gets treated oddly on Nick. I'm not sure what ratings TMNT gets, but I'm pretty sure they've moved it 3 times now and season 2 has a had a ton of hiatus's lately.

I agree! If Nick keeps treating LoK like this, I think Bryke should seriously consider a different network for Book 4 if they can. And I'm with you on the spongebob thing! As for TMNT, I don't know much about the ratings, but I do recall reading that it'd been renewed for a fifth season or something when the fourth hadn't even been made or even vaguely planned out, so it would seem as if that show was getting good ratings.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:10:37 AM by Cassidy Alice »

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 01:11:10 AM »
Really the only other good show on the channel is TMNT, take my word for it. Surprisingly the best shows are on TeenNick and Nicktoons because they're the older stuff.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 152
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 01:19:41 AM »
If I have to watch Korra on the Nick.com video player I might stab the CEO.
AV IS FLAWLESS
I HEAR HIS SNARK IS INSURED FOR 10000 DOLLARS
I HEAR HE MAKES AVATAR COMMERCIALS IN TIAWAN
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 01:21:30 AM »
I might help you with that. Then I'll take over the channel myself! >DDD

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 01:24:37 AM »
The network's quality would probably improve dramatically.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 01:25:34 AM »
Fenix.com?  I could live with that.  :D

I kinda feel for the guy who voices Spongebob, actually.  He must be dreaming of Spongebob by now, since he's done it for so many years.  Talk about not being able to unplug.

I agree with hoping that Mike and Bryan find another network when they create something else.  I honestly wonder if Nick has any idea how to handle a show like Legend of Korra, or ATLA before that--darker, occasionally deals with serious issues... it just isn't the stuff they're so used to broadcasting.

I really would like to see an explanation for why they decided to treat Legend of Korra like this--no announcements or ads about when the show's coming out except for the week before, cram several episodes into one night as if to simply excrete the show as quickly as possible, and now this.  If Nick is trying to alienate the fanbase, they're doing a good job.

Offline Cassidy Alice

• "Laughter's the best medicine!"
  • Task Force
  • Winner!
  • Championship Pot: 262
    • Cassidy's Fanfiction
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 01:35:38 AM »

I kinda feel for the guy who voices Spongebob, actually.  He must be dreaming of Spongebob by now, since he's done it for so many years.  Talk about not being able to unplug.

I agree with hoping that Mike and Bryan find another network when they create something else.  I honestly wonder if Nick has any idea how to handle a show like Legend of Korra, or ATLA before that--darker, occasionally deals with serious issues... it just isn't the stuff they're so used to broadcasting.

I really would like to see an explanation for why they decided to treat Legend of Korra like this--no announcements or ads about when the show's coming out except for the week before, cram several episodes into one night as if to simply excrete the show as quickly as possible, and now this.  If Nick is trying to alienate the fanbase, they're doing a good job.

I think any explanation they have is not going to sit well with fans unless it's a heck of a good one. I mean, Nick has to have had shows with lower ratings and I can't ever recall a time when they simply brushed aside a show and put it online because the ratings were low or something. And it can't be that they want all the fans to be able to watch it because if they did, they'd have probably advertised it properly and uploaded to episodes to their site the day after so some people could watch it. Who knows? XD

Set from tumblr. © Respective owners
Fanfiction | FictionPress | Tumblr | dA

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 04:06:40 AM »
The network's quality would probably improve dramatically.

It would have to, I'd probably work everyone in the company tirelessly. Some for improving the network, and the rest for providing me whatever the heck I wanted. >D

Fenixelodeon. I like the sound of that. 8D

He has a lot of messed up characters to dream about really. Heck I'd say Spongebob might be better than dreaming about the Ice King of Adventure Time at least. XD

I'm still mystified as to how ATLA even landed on Nick in the first place. It never really fit in anywhere with their programming. It isn't a sitcom or some goofy cartoon and I wonder if Nick just doesn't know how to handle a show like that. In all my years the only show that is remotely in the same genre would be TMNT, maybe even Kung Fu Panda to an extent. And if it weren't for TMNT being a monster of a franchise, it probably wouldn't fair well on Nick either. Avatar would seem more fitting on Nicktoons really, but we should probably be thankful that it wasn't.

I don't think Nick necessarily hates Korra, I just think that maybe they thought the show would sell itself. We have a huge fanbase if you haven't noticed, notably on the internet. So it's like Nick thought that most of the fanbase consists of the internet fandom when that's probably not true. And it's not like all we care about is Avatar, there's a lot of other franchises out there to get into. Not every fan is going to be focused on Avatar all the time.

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 04:09:46 AM »

the doctor is out...

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2014, 04:38:06 AM »
Yeah, I saw that on Tumblr. I'm still a bit frustrated about it, but it wouldn't make a bit of difference with my current circumstances anyways.

Offline Schmitty

• Naive Fools Club!
  • Round 2!
  • Championship Pot: 63
  • A little bit crazy, and proud of it!
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2014, 08:09:38 AM »
I know that ratings are a part of why this is happening, and it doesn't matter for me that it's only digital because I watch it online anyway. But I have a sure idea that would improve ratings. NICKELODEON NEEDS TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IT HAS A VIEWER BASE OUTSIDE OF THE US! That would boost the ratings of the show immensely. If I remember correctly, LoK Book 1 didn't premiere in Australia until the after the DVD was released in the US. And I haven't seen a single episode or advertisement for Book 2 at all. Seriously, Nickelodeon has shown this franchise absolutely no respect, with the amount of leaks and time slot changes and and little to no advertising, they've ruined this series. I hope that if Mike and Bryan do make a new series after LoK (Avatar related or not) they steer completely clear of Nickelodeon. Worst. Network. EVER!

Also, random note but I still haven't seen a single episode of Book 3. And I've done quite a good job at avoiding spoilers too.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:17:20 AM by Schmitty »
Spread the Katara angle!

ATLA Keeps: The Taunting Fish (114), Katara's Blushes, Aang's Energybending, The Kataango, Sokka and Aang's Bromance
TLOK Keeps: Aang's Beard, Katara's importance of family, Kya's sass, Bumi's facial hair, Vacation Tenzin

Offline wherewulf

• Councilman wherewulf / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 130
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2014, 12:01:17 PM »
I am in favor of Fenixelodeon.  Please be advised.  :D

Schmitty, please forgive me; I honestly haven't thought about Korra outside the U.S. or Nick outside the U.S., which is ironic in its own right given that it was a leak outside the U.S. that started this whole scheduling mess.

Hearing what you said, I don't understand that either.  I can understand that Nick might delay the broadcast of an episode for a few hours as it works its way around the globe, but for Nick to turn its back on an entire part of the fanbase just because they're not American, that makes no sense to me at all.  Then again, given Nick's handling of this whole thing, you feel like their marketing department is run by a monkey throwing darts at a dartboard.  The whole thing is ludicrous.

And Cassidy, I agree that any explanation Nick gives at this point won't satisfy the fans, but as a fan I'd like to hear some kind of explanation.  When they have this, they have the artwork of Korra coming out, they have the comics coming out through Dark Horse... it's not like they aren't still invested in what Mike and Bryan are producing.  This is supposed to be the flagship of the franchise.  Why are they doing what they're doing?

Offline WaterLady

• dealwithit.gif
  • Councilwoman WaterLady / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 113
  • SEND HELP
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2014, 04:10:38 PM »
From the KorraNation tumblr:

Hey Korra Nation! Phew. Some of you may have heard versions of this news elsewhere, but here’s the official word. After this Friday’s on-air premiere of Episode 8 “The Terror Within” at 8/7c, all remaining Book 3 episodes will move to a digital rollout. That means two things: 1) Korra is NOT cancelled, 2) the remaining episodes will roll out weekly on Nick.com and the Nick app beginning August 1, as well as on platforms like Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and Hulu.

Thousands of you have been asking to watch this incredible show online, so hopefully this news works in your favor. Mike and Bryan created a breath-taking season for us all…so get ready to watch it all go down!!!

Thanks for being the BEST fans in the industry and see you at Comic-Con.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 04:12:22 PM by WaterLady »

the doctor is out...

Offline Autumn

• Master Sketch Bender
  • Waterbending Healer
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 141
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2014, 05:26:26 PM »
Alright. I was kinda afraid that it'd only available on sites that you have to pay for or have a subscription for. I guess Nick.com's my only option as much as I despise them. Hope they can handle all the traffic cause of course, the moment it's on the site, I'm watching.

ATLA Keeps (click to show/hide)
-Aang’s tattoos
-Kataang’s fluffiness
-Toph’s earthbending sight

LOK Keeps (click to show/hide)
-The Kataang Family Portrait
-Tenzin’s Tattoos
-Toph’s Statue
-Korra's Appa Plushie
-Pokey the Lemur

Offline quidditchchick

• Councilwoman quidditchchick / Moderator
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 146
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »
I know Korra is always available on watchcartoononline the next day after it airs. That's where I watched all of season 2 because it aired while I was at school and I didn't have cable in my apartment. So i'm not too worried about finding it, but i'm guessing most of you want to watch it while it airs, huh?

~Set by me~

Offline Fenix

• Knockout!
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2014, 08:33:16 PM »
I like Watchcartoononline, but it doesn't always have the best of quality, and I hate how it organizes/lists episodes. Still if it has TMNT and Gravity Falls then it might be the best site to settle with for now. Do you know if it has those two shows?
<< Post Merge: July 24, 2014, 08:34:32 PM >>

Alright. I was kinda afraid that it'd only available on sites that you have to pay for or have a subscription for. I guess Nick.com's my only option as much as I despise them. Hope they can handle all the traffic cause of course, the moment it's on the site, I'm watching.

I still refuse to use Nick.com. If watching it on some anime site or something else is considered illegal then I don't care, at least I'll be able to watch the episodes without much problem.

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2014, 11:47:09 PM »
Ugh this stinks. I guess I'm just going to have to find a good online source, because I can't use the nick.com player. I just can't Its horrible. ANd yes, I am in favor of The Fenix Network. May I suggest a slogan or two? "the only network that shines just as bright as a Phoenix!" Or,  "Watch it.....or she'll a kill you."

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

Offline Av

• Knockout!
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2014, 12:22:03 AM »
"Watch it.....or she'll a kill you."
We'll buy Nintendo for the express purpose of having Mario as the network mascot.
AV IS FLAWLESS
ONE TIME HE HIT ON ME
...IT WAS AWESOME

Offline Cowboy Colt

• We are free to stuggle but we are not stuggling to be free.
  • Knockout!
  • Championship Pot: 231
  • Comparison is the death of contentedness
    • www.fanfiction.net
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2014, 12:26:01 AM »
"Watch it.....or she'll a kill you."
We'll buy Nintendo for the express purpose of having Mario as the network mascot.
I love it. Av, you'll be our PR guy.

keeps and quotes (click to show/hide)
 ATLA keeps: Kataang lovemaking, "MY CABBAGES " line, Aangs quiet badassness
Main theme (click to show/hide)
[
Elevation requires separation.

Be thankful for each day that you have.

Member of the league of butts-Guardian's of the Markiplier fandom.

CREDITS:

Forum coded by Seluna
Logo illustrations courtesy of terrik_zion and Seluna.
-----

Enjoy the site?
You can donate to help with hosting and maintenance costs!

-----

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:

The Korra Connection is an unofficial, non-profit fansite made by fans. It is in no way affiliated with Nickelodeon, Viacom, creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino or anything else related to the Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra or related franchises. All ownership rights are respected by the staff of this site and no copyright infringement is intended.